de tyrone crawford

2much2soon

Reaction score
rpatricc;4534418 said:
So I went to every Boise State home game this year and watched the others. This is a very good pick with upside. Mayock said he is a prototype 5 technique DE. I agree. He is a very good pass rusher. He and Shea McClellin were beasts. I think he will need to put on some weight to be a full time starter, but he has the frame to do so. He is very athletic. And very well coached by a great coaching staff at BSU. Very happy with this pick.

I saw him in Winco one night. He is one big, scary dude. Looked bigger than 6'4". I agree that he can carry a lot more weight. Probably 300# easily.

Brooksey

Reaction score
MOZONE;4534488 said:
Only problem with that is we need to get better NOW !!
We try and get cute like this every year and for the most part it always backfires .

Everything on this guy is very positive, the only negative I see is that he has limited football experience and will most likely not play his rookie season.

honyock

Reaction score
So sounds like he could get a lot of snaps right away in passing situations?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Crawford looks like a 3rd down guy to me.

He'd be small for a 3-4 End

RS12

Reaction score
ghst187;4534495 said:
i'm cool with this pick b/c whether it was an OLB or a DE, we HAD to add someone that could rush the passer.
I'm really hoping C Blake or the UGA guy is still there in the 4th for us.
Still some good players out there at need positions...
C, Blake
S Markelle Martin
TE Orson Charles
WR/KR Chris Rainey
NT Hicks

Rainey gave up football.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
SDogo;4534407 said:
I liked Winn better but no issues with this pick

Crawford is the more catalytic player and more upside.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Crawford is up to 280...he'll play DE in 3-4, but can play inside or outside in 4-man front....4.8 40 and 28 reps, good against run with nice pass rush, and causes fumbles.

To me, he's our new Bowen...will make plays in a situational role.

Reaction score
MOZONE;4534488 said:
We try and get cute like this every year and for the most part it always backfires .

what happened? yesterday you were pumping sunshine and selling lollipops,,, I think my troll radar just went off,,, :laugh2:

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
BAT;4534511 said:
Crawford is the more catalytic player and more upside.

Winn is more ready to contribute now but I agree, Crawford has the bigger upside. Just not sure when we will see it.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
brooksey1;4534500 said:
Everything on this guy is very positive, the only negative I see is that he has limited football experience and will most likely not play his rookie season.
Sure he will as part of a d-line rotation. The key is he will knock Coleman off the roster.

cdewsxzaq

Reaction score
6.5 sacks against Boise St.'s opponents doesn't really scream pass rushing 3-4 DE to me... I don't expect too many sacks from a 3-4 DE any way, nobody else should either. They're basically DTs

Brooksey

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4534455 said:
He is 275lbs and will probably add at least 20lbs to that. He will be a DE for the Cowboys.

Or will he be an olb to replace spencer?

MOZONE

Reaction score
EGG;4534521 said:
what happened? yesterday you were pumping sunshine and selling lollipops,,, I think my troll radar just went off,,, :laugh2:

So Im trolling because I disagree with a pick ?

Anyway , love the Claiborne pick .
Really hate developmental picks when were trying to win a super bowl .
I wouldnt have a problem with it but we do this every year .
Give me football players who can play NOW !

Go Cowboys !

jjktkk

Reaction score
MOZONE;4534488 said:

What were you expecting for a 3rd rounder? A pro bowler in his rookie year? :rolleyes:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I hope he can develop but not in love with the pick. I'm glad to see others who cover the draft have a high opinion of Crawford makes me feel some what better. Regardless Welcome to Dallas Mr. Crawford, i'll be pulling for you

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Kipper rated him 8.5 and one spot below Curry...not that it means much.
Junior year in backup role (juco)...32 tackles, 13.5 for loss, and 7 sacks.

Senior year...13.5 for loss, 6.5 sacks...played across from McClellan as a true strong side DE.

Upside potential and versatility.