Deadskins are apparently not in "Cap Hell"

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
RiggoForever said:
Isn't keeping the core together tantamount to success? After all its what all the great dynasties have done.

Gibbs is talking about keeping the core together, but they couldn't afford to spend money to retain Smoot and Pierce, c'mon now, it's a euphanism, a very nice way of calmly saying, "we're broke", cuz you're basically broke, you're on a very expensive budget, remember that commercial about the guy with all the nice stuff, and he's like, "how do I do it? I'm in debt up to my eyeballs", that's your guy's situation hehe

Fmart322

Reaction score
They also don't give a single name either. Plus they have to have everyone fall in line for it to work for them. I guess if you TRY to get it out there for everyone to see it, they'll beleive it. ;)

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
RiggoForever said:
If the CBA is not extended, and 2007 is an uncapped year, we just restructure contracts via the 30% rule, then create new contracts for the 2007 season with no cap.

Sounds nice to bad thats not how it works

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The problem really lies in the obvious: The sKins have been in cap hell much of the last 5 years and every move makes it worse not better.

They had 1 professional WR this year. When they benched Arrington they had a solid defense but didn't make many plays then he comes back and they are vastly better. But to Commanders fans this guy sucks and will be no loss if cut. hahaha. That is cap hell.

Ramsey is a decent prospect and a very good NFL backup. The Skins are looking to move him for a box of rocks because they can't afford him.

So all in all even if all these players get base converted to SB and magical cap savings appear the Skins will be mortgaging the future for a shot at a Super Bowl. And it hasn't worked any of the other 5 times they have tried; in fact they have only made the playoffs in 1 of those attempts and amazingly that came the year after they stopped trying that madness.

The Skins are not adding solid free agents. They are trading for them. They lack depth and youth and traditional building blocks. In short they are just a poorly run team where the cap is concerned.

The only 2 Super Bowl teams who havent been good drafting teams in the last 5 or 6 years were the Raiders and Bucs and those teams got 1 shot a piece then hit toiletsville. You simply can not sustain a decent much less winning team without drafting. The Skins dont even have picks much less good ones.

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
jterrell said:
The problem really lies in the obvious: The sKins have been in cap hell much of the last 5 years and every move makes it worse not better.

They had 1 professional WR this year. When they benched Arrington they had a solid defense but didn't make many plays then he comes back and they are vastly better. But to Commanders fans this guy sucks and will be no loss if cut. hahaha. That is cap hell.

Ramsey is a decent prospect and a very good NFL backup. The Skins are looking to move him for a box of rocks because they can't afford him.

So all in all even if all these players get base converted to SB and magical cap savings appear the Skins will be mortgaging the future for a shot at a Super Bowl. And it hasn't worked any of the other 5 times they have tried; in fact they have only made the playoffs in 1 of those attempts and amazingly that came the year after they stopped trying that madness.

The Skins are not adding solid free agents. They are trading for them. They lack depth and youth and traditional building blocks. In short they are just a poorly run team where the cap is concerned.

The only 2 Super Bowl teams who havent been good drafting teams in the last 5 or 6 years were the Raiders and Bucs and those teams got 1 shot a piece then hit toiletsville. You simply can not sustain a decent much less winning team without drafting. The Skins dont even have picks much less good ones.

Dude, never said that Lavar sucks...but we did have an even higher ranked defense in 2004 when he was basically out the whole season with injury.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
jterrell said:

The Bucs actually drafted very well over the years before they won the Super Bowl, especially on defense. Practically their entire defense, sans Simeon Rice, were guys they drafted.

However, they lost a lot of picks by making Gruden their head coach and that wound up hurting them because in the subsequent years they eventually lost their best players and they weren't able to find suitable replacements. It wasn't until this year that they got better again. And you guessed it, that was largely due to them building up through the draft again.

The 2002 Raiders weren't as free agent prone as many would think. By my count, 13 of their 22 starters were guys they had drafted. And that also doesn't include guys like Jerry Porter, Phillip Buchanon, Shane Lechler, and Sebastian Janikowski.

Right now, only 6 out of their 22 Commanders starters are guys the Skins drafted. (Doesn't include Carlos Rogers).

Rich.......

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
The Bucs actually drafted very well over the years before they won the Super Bowl, especially on defense. Practically their entire defense, sans Simeon Rice, were guys they drafted.

However, they lost a lot of picks by making Gruden their head coach and that wound up hurting them because in the subsequent years they eventually lost their best players and they weren't able to find suitable replacements. It wasn't until this year that they got better again. And you guessed it, that was largely due to them building up through the draft again.

The 2002 Raiders weren't as free agent prone as many would think. By my count, 13 of their 22 starters were guys they had drafted. And that also doesn't include guys like Jerry Porter, Phillip Buchanon, Shane Lechler, and Sebastian Janikowski.

Right now, only 6 out of their 22 Commanders starters are guys the Skins drafted. (Doesn't include Carlos Rogers).

Rich.......

We have drafted or picked up undrafted the following starters/major role players, actually 9:

Lavar Arrington
Ladell Betts (starts in 2 RB sets)
Chris Cooley
Derrick Dockery
Taylor Jacobs
Jon Jansen
Carlos Rogers
Robert Royal
Sean Taylor

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
:laugh2: :laugh1: :lmao2: :lmao:

Yeah yeah yeah hes a bust I know lol. He was a Spurrier pick though and he saw him through rose-colored glasses as a former Gator.

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
I'm not going to read all this crap again but if you ARE still talking about cap ****

Adam is right......:) I remember that thread.....