Deandre Hopkins traded to AZ

John813

Reaction score
*** is Houston doing?

They sold the farm for Tunsil last year, and now they only get a broken back, a second rounder and some day 3 picks for the best receiver in the game?

They don't have their 1st this or next years draft or a 2nd rounder in 21.
And they let Hopkins go for that?

Tussinman

Reaction score
Hopkins must have had an affair with Houstons GM's wife.
Seriously. It's not like there getting huge Cap relief from this trade as well (Johnnson is going to cost them just over 10 million dollars in 2020 base pay :eek::eek:)

Rayman70

Reaction score
houston got worse, way worse
nope...too early to say. You and I have no real idea what the plan is. I do know if Johnson has the right team around him, this will help him and Watson. Brings balance to the team. Now I expect Houston to pursue a wr in free agency and the draft. Keep in mind they must find cap money to hang onto DJ reader or tag him.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
this is why i "try" to restrain myself from making too strong comments because no matter how unlikely, crap like this happens that ain't nobody can say they saw coming!!!

I saw something yesterday that Hopkins might be available. Thought surely it was offseason BS or that it would be someone paying a kings ransom for him. Never in a million years thought Arizona could pull this off.

Will be curious to see what else comes out that maybe makes this less baffling.