Deandre Hopkins traded to AZ

joseephuss

Reaction score
They finished 5-10-1 with a rookie QB....just 2-1/2 games behind Dallas' 8-8 record.

They had a losing season, which is typical of Kingsbury. He had 4 losing seasons in 6 years as the head coach at Texas Tech. That offense, his supposed strength did not look impressive.

bewp7

Reaction score
sorry i can’t not eddit my previous post but this trade does not make any sense at all.

if the texans wanted david johnson so bad (that by itself does not make much sense tbh...they could probably get some one just as good and a lot cheaper with that 4th round pick they sent arizona or whatever it was) but why would they not just trade for him then trade hopkins in a separate deal? they could probably get david johnson for like a 5th at this point.

i don’t know hopkins contract but even one year seems like it would be way more valuable than what they received...

Cmac

Reaction score
The moment he walks into the owners office with that deal he should have been fired on the spot, just for THINKING that is a good deal. You look at what they traded for Tunsil, who is a top 10 LT but not topt 2-3, you look at what LA traded for Ramsay and you have someone trade someone who on a fairly cheap deal for a WR who is BETTER than all those players relatively AND once again who you will be paying only about 60-70% of market value for a single 2nd round pick.
Bill O'Brien should be placing a "For Rent" sign on his front lawn.

phillycard

Reaction score
Johnson is a stud RB that needed to be paired with a good team and coaching. THERE.
He WAS a stud Rayman. I loved the guy and always pulled for him, but he was shell of himself after the injury. He got beat out by Chase Edmonds, and replaced completely by Kenyon Drake when he came. Big contract, less production = bye bye.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Wow. Recent rumblings aren't sounding good regarding Bill O'Brien. He should just hang it up right now because he's probably going to lose his locker room. I can't imagine any player is going to have any amount of respect for him if what Irvin is saying is true.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...deandre-hopkins-with-aaron-hernandez-comment/

“The last time I had to have a meeting like this, it was with Aaron Hernandez,” Hopkins says O’Brien told him, according to Irvin.

Hopkins was not pleased with that comment.

“That blew my mind that he would even bring that up,” Hopkins told Irvin. “I’ve never been in any trouble. I don’t know why he would equate me with Aaron Hernandez.”

....my god.

mathew1184

Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...deandre-hopkins-with-aaron-hernandez-comment/

“The last time I had to have a meeting like this, it was with Aaron Hernandez,” Hopkins says O’Brien told him, according to Irvin.

Hopkins was not pleased with that comment.

“That blew my mind that he would even bring that up,” Hopkins told Irvin. “I’ve never been in any trouble. I don’t know why he would equate me with Aaron Hernandez.”

....my god.
Yep, I just watched the clip on YouTube. If true, I think hes gone...who's going to want to play for him now?

calico

Reaction score
O brien is horrible. they need to **** can him quickly before that locker room splinters.