DeAndre Hopkins willing to be flexible on contract if traded

Carson

Reaction score
If the Cardinals move Hopkins, they would be on the hook for a modest cap hit while his new team would take on expenditures of $19.5 million in 2023 and $14.9 million in 2024.

Stephen says I’m out

Tussinman

Reaction score
There’s no doubt Hopkins is a very talented receiver. Probably has some good years left in the tank. But I’ve been a little concerned about him not being wanted by two teams despite his talent. Maybe it’s nothing, maybe it’s his price tag, but there appears to be some smoke somewhere with this guy.
Normally I'd be weary but at least with him you can just say 2 bad teams/situations

Houston is a dumpster fire organization that has ruined most of their recent deals. The Hopkins trade haul was so bad on their end that it was one of the reasons why their GM got fired 10 months into his tenure.

Cardinals have to ship them because their kind of screwed. That have little cap space, just fired their coach, and their roster has tons of needs. Their injury prone overpaid QB is about to cost them 50+ million on the cap next year so that's not helping either. Hopkins is the most obvious cap causality (almost 35 million saved over the next 2 years which they absolutely need)

locked&loaded

Reaction score
If he is willing to take a pay cut (im fine with incentives) and the cardinals dont want a 2nd rounder (I say a 3rd at the most depending on pay...ideally a 4th or less), I would be for it. This guys 4 months away from being 31 and has been injured repeatedly with a suspension to boot.

sadly, given the state of our wrs not named ceedee, he would be an upgrade. but lets not be desperate just because hes a name.

c0wb0is

Reaction score
I don't like the idea of DeAndre Hopkins to the Cowboys. I think he's a decent player but he has some drops and fumbling issues. I can just see him dropping a ball or far worse fumbling the ball in critical game-time situation.

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
I don't like the idea of DeAndre Hopkins to the Cowboys. I think he's a decent player but he has some drops and fumbling issues. I can just see him dropping a ball or far worse fumbling the ball in critical game-time situation.
Agreed, and that’s before the injury concerns. I’d much rather have Amari Cooper for a 5th if he’s available.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
S. Jones paid Dak $40M he's not that cheap.
and he paid zeke top dollar, Tyron top dollar, Dez top dollar, IM sure Martin aint making chump change.....Hes paying Quinn close to head coach money, no?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Think Dallas needs to do alot of things before they can think bout trading for anybody. First they have to free up the money to trade for him. So they'd have to talk with daks people, with Martin's people, figure out what to do with Elliot, and work with tyron to lower his hit.
they dont have to talk to Martins people at all.. they have the option to deal with his contract on their own for a restructure... I heard that a month or so ago from Fisher.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
We're gonna mess this up and end up with Beckham, a dude coming off a second knee surgery. This team had the worst GM and JR GM.

bark

Reaction score
He’s going to need to be limbo flexible to get under Stephen’s honest offer bar

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Which would you rather have Hopkins, Beckham or Sutton (Denver is shopping him I think)?
OBJ, as you'd get to kick the majority of his money his CAP money into bonus payments in 2024 and beyond. Cards are looking for a 2nd Rd, for Hopkins, but that's their starting price hoping for a couple of teams to create an auction (and up the price), they dont really have a need to trade him and they dont have any CAP concerns, especially now they've cut Anderson.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
There’s no doubt Hopkins is a very talented receiver. Probably has some good years left in the tank. But I’ve been a little concerned about him not being wanted by two teams despite his talent. Maybe it’s nothing, maybe it’s his price tag, but there appears to be some smoke somewhere with this guy.
Maybe a locker room issue. These guys can be super divas.