DeAngelo Hall on Troy Aikman criticism

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dcsportsbog Dan Steinberg by bobanddan

DeAngelo Hall, asked on 980 about Troy Aikman's criticism of his celebration: "We get the Cowboys one more time, so I can’t wait."

------------------

Anybody know what Troy said?

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3644151 said:

DeAngelo Hall, asked on 980 about Troy Aikman's criticism of his celebration: "We get the Cowboys one more time, so I can’t wait."

------------------

Troy was talking about DeAngelo Hall's celebration of where he goes down to 2 knees and points to the sky. Troy was basically saying it should be a penalty

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Troy said he didnt think Hall sould be allowed to goto the ground on both needs as part of a celerbration.

aikemirv

Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan;3644152 said:
Troy was talking about DeAngelo Hall's celebration of where he goes down to 2 knees and points to the sky. Troy was basically saying it should be a penalty

He's not a Cowboy - no penalty even though a blatant rule violation.

mldardy

Reaction score
That 4 INT game was the worst thing to happen to Hall. This guy is an average QB at best and now all of sudden he is puffing his chest out like he is the best corner in the league. You got 4 INT's against the a QB who loves throwing them.

BlueStar3398

Reaction score
mldardy;3644156 said:
That 4 INT game was the worst thing to happen to Hall. This guy is an average QB at best and now all of sudden he is puffing his chest out like he is the best corner in the league. You got 4 INT's against the a QB who loves throwing them.

So true! :laugh2: I heard his interview after the game. He DOES think he's the best CB! He was very cocky.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
aikemirv;3644155 said:
He's not a Cowboy - no penalty even though a blatant rule violation.

A blatent rule violation? How? I don't see anything wrong with it to be honest. What if he went down on his needs and prayed and then pointed to the sky? Would that be a rule violation as well?

The NFL seriously needs to take a couple minutes and just stop and relax with all the ridiculous rules. There should be one rule for the entire game. COMMON SENSE. Let the guys celebrate. We as fans eat it up. Its an emotional game, there's no harm in celebrating a touchdown with your teammates.

Now if people start bringing props into it or, punching the mascot, or going wayyy over the top, by all means call a penalty. Better yet, integrate this common sense thing into all facets of calling the game.

...i might even let the punching the mascot thing go too haha. Gotta admit that would be pretty hilarious and harmless.

odog422

Reaction score
mldardy;3644156 said:

And we couldn't even get one. Don'tcha just love it??

VirusX

Reaction score
Why are you guys using "needs" to describe knee's?! LOL

aikemirv

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3644171 said:
A blatent rule violation? How? I don't see anything wrong with it to be honest. What if he went down on his needs and prayed and then pointed to the sky? Would that be a rule violation as well?

The NFL seriously needs to take a couple minutes and just stop and relax with all the ridiculous rules. There should be one rule for the entire game. COMMON SENSE. Let the guys celebrate. We as fans eat it up. Its an emotional game, there's no harm in celebrating a touchdown with your teammates.

Now if people start bringing props into it or, punching the mascot, or going wayyy over the top, by all means call a penalty. Better yet, integrate this common sense thing into all facets of calling the game.

...i might even let the punching the mascot thing go too haha. Gotta admit that would be pretty hilarious and harmless.

"Going to the ground and celebrating" is the rule. He made no prayer gesture with a bowed head or a crossing of the chest to signify a prayer.

The rule is not falling down to the ground or jumping over someone

BY the way, I agree with you on the NFl but they said they needed to enforce the letter of the rule when discussing the Cowboy penalty against Tenn.

Machete

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
WoodysGirl;3644151 said:

------------------

Does the idiot Hall realize that Troy is no longer a Cowboy.

Califan007

Reaction score
aikemirv;3644178 said:
"Going to the ground and celebrating" is the rule. He made no prayer gesture with a bowed head or a crossing of the chest to signify a prayer.
You REALLY don't want the NFL dictating how someone prays or acknowledges their God/Entity. "Section 3, article VII: all celebratory prayer must consist of open-palm hands touching and eyes closed at least 50% of the way. Players must inform officials prior to the game of their religious affiliation so that game referees can decipher which hand gestures and arm motions are appropriate for which players' religious beliefs."'

The whole "prayer" exemption is just the NFL not wanting to go there lol...and I don't blame 'em. The to-the-ground celebration penalty is basically just a way for the league to try and stop the over-exaggerated celebrations and are planned and choreographed. And yes, for the record I thought the flag thrown against your O-Lineman who fell to the ground was absolutely ridiculous. Only rationale I could think of for supporting that flag is that the refs and the league want to discourage players from "accidentally" falling to the ground after a TD.

Bibby

Reaction score
He's done it ever since being a Commander. He went to his knees and did the same gesture in his first game against the Cowboys in 2008 when he picked off a pass. The celebration rule is insane, I agree. Like an earlier poster said, just use common sense.

Califan007

Reaction score
iowast8rs;3644199 said:
Does the idiot Hall realize that Troy is no longer a Cowboy.
Actually, what Hall said about Troy's comments was this:

"..."Going to two knees there, I think that should have been a flag," Aikman said.

During a Monday appearance on ESPN 980, Hall was asked about that statement.

"You know what Doc, I hadn't heard Troy Aikman's announcement of the game," Hall told Doc Walker. "I have heard in the past he's been a little critical of the Commanders in general, so I don't know. I can't really comment on it. If he said I should have went to one knee instead of two, you know, I actually got my two-knee celebration from one of his former teammates, Deion Sanders, and I've been doing it since my rookie year. Have never been penalized for it in the past, so when I do it, it's almost like a natural reaction. I don't really think about it any more, I've been doing it for seven years now. So always, after I make a play, I always try to give praise to the Above, because without Him I would be nothing. So I always try to get down on my knees and just thank the Lord for giving me the opportunity to make that play."

"And I heard Troy when he said that, and I was wondering what the hell he was talking about, because I didn't think it was excessive," John Thompson said. "I'm saying to myself, 'Now I know I'm naive about this, but what difference does it matter whether you're on one knee or two knees?' "

"I have no idea coach," Hall responded. "Maybe I'm naive, too. It makes no sense to me either, one knee, two knees. I don't know what he's nitpicking about man, I don't know. We get the Cowboys one more time, so I can't wait."..."

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3644171 said:

The only reason anyone here sees anything wrong with it is because a lesser act got us a celebration penalty. We were told that players cannot go to the ground in celebration like Colombo did in falling down. Yet no other player in the NFL who has gone to the ground has received a similar flag.

The very next week we get another flag for what was caled choreographed hand gestures. In other words players cannot mime each other. Yet the Mile High Salute is okay.

There's a double standard if you care to pay attention to it. Even Mike Perreira called it ridiculous.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
mldardy;3644156 said:

And we got none, right?

So what's your point? That Hall makes plays even though he's average, but our guys average/good/great can't make plays?