DeAngelo Hall on Troy Aikman criticism

Jay

Reaction score
aikemirv;3644337 said:
I think we need to go to the tape! It was called on #19.

Then why did Wade say in his press conference after the game that the refs told him it was called on #17?

NQS

Benched
Reaction score
How bout yall just agree that it was against the Cowboys and the team lost 15 yards? :)

aikemirv

Reaction score
Jay;3644340 said:
Then why did Wade say in his press conference after the game that the refs told him it was called on #17?

CYA ..........

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3644285 said:
Im not looking at it through "homer" glasses though. Im simply saying there was nothing wrong with it. As there was nothing wrong with our celebrations. That was the theme of my entire post. Its not one against the other.
None of us are. We're saying there is a double standard. I would be saying it if the penalties were on any team.

I do not like celebrations, but I think penalizing them is dumb. Having different standards is dumber and clearly there are different standards.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Pretty sure Wade said they told him during the game it was on Miles. It's in the NFL Gamebook as on Miles.

That's another reason it was so ridiuclous when they changed it the next day to be on Hurd.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
1: I wish you guys would stop with all this conspiracy crap. It just makes you look bitter as individuals and reflects poorly on a fanbase that's already one of the most despised in the world.

2: DeAngelo Hall is an insignificant speck in the history of NFL football. Troy Aikman will live on forever as one of the greatest, most respected players in league history. I'm not sure where Deangelo Hall perceives himself to be in the NFL pecking order, but the fact that he thinks he is even worthy to open his mouth to Aikman to utter anything other than "Yes sir" is laughable

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
NQS;3644280 said:
And the Cowboys were the ones that whined and cried and got it banned. Ironic that the whining of celebration penalties continues.
You are full of crap. The excessive celebration rule was put in place in 1984 to curtail the sack dance of Mark Gastineau, and the League decided at that time to extend it to all celebrations.

In 1983 the Cowboys did not play the New York Jets, so they obviously did not complain about it to the league. In fact, the Dallas Cowboys never faced Mark Gastineau in his Jets career. I can prove this if you doubt it.

Don't come here spilling bile and lies and expect to get away with it.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Hall is such a joke- he gives up a lot more plays than he makes. Its sickening that that idiot went to the Pro bowl and Tnew did not in the same year and TNew is way better.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
NQS;3644298 said:
Nope. Because on the ensuing kickoff, the Titans ran it all the way back to about the 10 and Buehler got called for a face mask that gave Tennessee the ball at the 5.
You are once again wrong. At least you're consistent. If you want an education, I'll be happy to oblige.

Jay

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;3644387 said:
1: I wish you guys would stop with all this conspiracy crap. It just makes you look bitter as individuals and reflects poorly on a fanbase that's already one of the most despised in the world.

Has nothing to do with conspiracies, has everything to do with the refs being consistent.. which they aren't.

And I could have sworn Wade said they called it on Hurd. Guess I was wrong. So what happened? They switched it the next day?

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
NQS;3644280 said:
And the Cowboys were the ones that whined and cried and got it banned. Ironic that the whining of celebration penalties continues.

What in the blue hell are you talking about? The NFL started cracking down on celebrations in the mid-80s to try and put an end to the outrageous and often offensive sack dances defensive players were coming up with. Most notably Mark Gastineau

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d80747dd2/Top-Ten-Pass-Rushers-Mark-Gastineau

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Califan007;3644220 said:
You REALLY don't want the NFL dictating how someone prays or acknowledges their God/Entity. "Section 3, article VII: all celebratory prayer must consist of open-palm hands touching and eyes closed at least 50% of the way. Players must inform officials prior to the game of their religious affiliation so that game referees can decipher which hand gestures and arm motions are appropriate for which players' religious beliefs."'

The whole "prayer" exemption is just the NFL not wanting to go there lol...and I don't blame 'em. The to-the-ground celebration penalty is basically just a way for the league to try and stop the over-exaggerated celebrations and are planned and choreographed. And yes, for the record I thought the flag thrown against your O-Lineman who fell to the ground was absolutely ridiculous. Only rationale I could think of for supporting that flag is that the refs and the league want to discourage players from "accidentally" falling to the ground after a TD.
Let 'em give thanks after the game! The only time someone should be praying on the football field is if there's a serious injury.

SkinsFan28

Reaction score
Overall, I am actually on the Cowboys side, neither play should have been called. (FYI I am fairly positive that the pic of Hall and Orakpo is photo shopped, and just done to incite). I believe they were as ticky tack as you can have from a ref. I just don't think it then rises to evidence of conspiracy or blatant anti-cowboy tendencies, as much as just further proof of the declining officiating in NFL games.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Jay;3644403 said:
Has nothing to do with conspiracies, has everything to do with the refs being consistent.. which they aren't.

Of course they arent. This board seems to think they are intentionally inconsistent when Dallas is playing, though.

NFL referees SUCK and have ever since the game sped up and offenses started spreading things out in the mid/late 80s. They suck equally for everyone, though

SkinsFan28

Reaction score
Here is the still of the actual Hall celebration, Orakpo didn't come sliding in beside him, but mimicked him later in the game. Pretty clever photo shop job, but did not happen side by side.
dhallbears1010b.jpg

NQS

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;3644396 said:
You are once again wrong. At least you're consistent. If you want an education, I'll be happy to oblige.

How the **** am I wrong about that? Did you not watch the game? Prove me wrong mr. know it all.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Oh, and I can't believe it hasnt been posted yet:

colombo_vs_d_hall.gif

Just wouldnt feel right to have a DeAngelo Hall thread without getting to watch that thug life punk get launched through the air by a real football player

TheIceman

Reaction score
SkinsFan28;3644422 said:
Here is the still of the actual Hall celebration, Orakpo didn't come sliding in beside him, but mimicked him later in the game. Pretty clever photo shop job, but did not happen side by side.
Actually that is not a photoshop job. The other photo is from another interception entirely. Not on a touchdown. Penalties are called way less for celebration after non-touchdown plays. This is why nothing was called when Orakpo did it along side him.