Debit card got hacked

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
..yep guys, I was checking my BA yesterday. Low and behold there was a charge for $300 already there, with another $500 pending. Charges were made a Paint store and Home Depot.

I called the bank to let them know that wasn't me and that I have my debit card still on me. She said, that it was very possible, that when sliding the card the info leaked to some foreign gadget. That's all it takes. Thieves have devices or machines to duplicate the card. Then they add account info to them.

She also told me, its important that you use a card with chip on it. It has more layers of defense on them.

...so don't swipe, get the chip kind.
The first day my wife had the chip card she got hacked. A guy walked by her with a breifcase. It beeps. She comes home from the mall and checks her bank account 3 charges in NY.

Praxit

Reaction score
The first day my wife had the chip card she got hacked. A guy walked by her with a breifcase. It beeps. She comes home from the mall and checks her bank account 3 charges in NY.
...scary stuff, man.

nobody

Reaction score
..yep guys, I was checking my BA yesterday. Low and behold there was a charge for $300 already there, with another $500 pending. Charges were made a Paint store and Home Depot.

I called the bank to let them know that wasn't me and that I have my debit card still on me. She said, that it was very possible, that when sliding the card the info leaked to some foreign gadget. That's all it takes. Thieves have devices or machines to duplicate the card. Then they add account info to them.

She also told me, its important that you use a card with chip on it. It has more layers of defense on them.

...so don't swipe, get the chip kind.

Except there are still places that don't accept the chip yet. It's kind of annoying.