News: Deciding what to do with Zeke. a fair assessment

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Hopefully, the OL might be able to revert back to something more productive in 2021. I'm sure Zeke would welcome that and so would we all. I wouldn't be surprised if we were to invest a mid to late round draft pick on a young RB to groom at a gradual pace.

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
“The fact is that exactly no one that faced the Cowboys were at all intimidated by him lining up in the backfield.”

Huh, several of his supporters were adamant that he was still the primary focus of every defense and guys like Ronnie said “I don’t need no stats to tell me what I see on tv” even though it is a fact that zeke has faced less and less stacked boxes every year since his rookie year and somewhat recently there were ~26 other RB’s that faced more stacked boxes than zeke.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The best FAIR ASSESSMENT is to trade him in the offseason. The Jets being a potential landing spot in exchange for a second-round pick. BOOM!

I'm not certain he'd bring in more than a mid-round pick, at this point in time.

It might be a good time to draft some promising youngster to groom.

A mid to late round RB possibly wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Last edited:

BHendri5

Reaction score
This crap is ridiculous, Zeke is still the best RB in the league. If you have an OL that is inadequate then you get less from the running game, but Zeke still almost gave us a 1000 yard season. when you have even a great line and it cannot win the line of scrimmage you get the results that henry gave you in the titans loss to the ravens.
Let the Zeke crap go, he is still a number one RB, legit

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This crap is ridiculous, Zeke is still the best RB in the league. If you have an OL that is inadequate then you get less from the running game, but Zeke still almost gave us a 1000 yard season. when you have even a great line and it cannot win the line of scrimmage you get the results that henry gave you in the titans loss to the ravens.
Let the Zeke crap go, he is still a number one RB, legit

Plus he, as well, played injured all year.
However this does not fit the haters narrative.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Saw this assessment. Thought it well thought out and discusses minus the overblown contract rhetoric.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...t-decide-what-to-do-with-zeke-ezekiel-elliott

I disagree with something that Ryle said in this article. Why would the Cowboys extend Elliott's contract keeping him longer and why would Elliott agree to restructure some of his salary into bonus money making it easier for the Cowboys to release him when much of the remaining money on his contract is new bonus money not paid yet and therefore less dead money on the cap. Unfortunately the Cowboys are going to be stuck with Elliott until after the 2022 season for cap reasons.

nobody

Reaction score
The best FAIR ASSESSMENT is to trade him in the offseason. Being the Jets are a potential landing spot in exchange for a second-round pick. BOOM!

While that would be great, I don't think the situation will allow it. What team is stupid enough to offer a second for him with his fat contract?

visionary

Reaction score
You guys crack me up

Zeke is still the same and Uber talented. He just lacks the focus and drive at this time

he needs a coach that can bring it out of him

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I would just cleanly cut bait with him like the Rams did Gurley and Jets did Bell. The whole thing was a mistake.

I still can't wrap my head around the Joneses love for Zeke. Same organization that did the right thing letting Murray go and picking up unemployed Darren McFadden, who rushed for 1,000 yards. Then they draft this guy high and extend him! Nothing this FO does makes any consistent sense.