News: Deciding what to do with Zeke. a fair assessment

visionary

Reaction score
Also overpay for positions like we did with Elliott. Part of the Rams problem was they also gave Gurley a dumb contract. They had a nearly $12MM dead money donut on their cap this year (Over the Cap) from Gurley.

yes the Zeke contract was dumb but that is Jerry

he is about to do the same with Dak

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
yes the Zeke contract was dumb but that is Jerry

he is about to do the same with Dak
There’s a huge difference between paying Dak and paying Zeke. You can replace Zekes production very easily with a second day draft pick. You cannot replace Daks production very easily even with with a first day draft pick. It’s a fact of life in the NFL, If you have a good QB, you are going to have to over pay to keep him.

aria

Reaction score
This Zeke defenders are comical. He is slow, out of shape, turnover prone but they continue to come up with excuses for him. By every metric he is not worth his contract. We needed him to step up when Dak was hurt and he shrunk. The one game he sat out the offense did not miss a beat.
Remember when the excuse was that Dak was nothing without zeke based on a small 6 game sample when Tyron was missing part of that time as well? Now Dak’s absence is being used as an excuse for zeke not doing well. Hmmmmm...

aria

Reaction score
Yes QB is a much more important position but when they paid Zeke he was the second best RB after Gurley while Dak is asking to elite money when he is nowhere near an elite QB

the surest way to stay mediocre is to overpay average players and the surest is to pay an average QB elite money. Just look at Philly and Rams as examples
I don’t care if zeke was the best RB, you never pay them that kind of money. The Rams were smart and moved on from Gurley quickly.

Dak isn’t Mahomes but he’s better than average and the QB market continues to go up hence his demands. Many of Dak’s stats are top 5, why is that good enough to pay zeke as much as they did but not Dak?

Only a few fools continue to set new records paying top dollar for RB’s, I hope and think the Giants will be next.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I don't think CalPoly is kissing his booty. In fact, he's doing the opposite. He's saying Elliott is a flawed back that is only good at a few things now so use him in those situations.
I am only clowning him because his hate for Jaylon is over the top. He is like the Dak haters. We know Jaylon is bad but the reality he is the best linebacker on the roster. Just like Zeke is for the running backs.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Because you literally have an excuse for everything zeke can’t or doesn’t do.

Today it’s many of the same but you’re now blaming it on the OC. Can zeke ever just not be as good as you think he is, which is supported by stats, and you not make excuses for him?

Like I said.. brain dead.. carry on..

ghst187

Reaction score
I would just cleanly cut bait with him like the Rams did Gurley and Jets did Bell. The whole thing was a mistake.

I still can't wrap my head around the Joneses love for Zeke. Same organization that did the right thing letting Murray go and picking up unemployed Darren McFadden, who rushed for 1,000 yards. Then they draft this guy high and extend him! Nothing this FO does makes any consistent sense.

It really didn’t help the Rams...their inability to run clearly cost them this year in the playoffs.
It made them a worse team and Goff can’t carry the entire offense alone. Most QBs eventually falter when the entire offense is them...even great ones not named Mahomes or Rodgers.
I always thought Jerry panicked and signed Zeke to big money because he thought that year was a potential SB year. Stroke of brilliance by Zekes agent it just happened to screw the teams cap and future. I don’t think you can get away with just replacing great backs with scrubs. You might get away with replacing a great back with two decent ones if your OL is decent. I still think you need a running game. The only way you don’t is you have a QB named Mahomes or Rodgers or you have a great defense. But hard to have it all unless youre the early 90s Cowboys.

zeke21

Reaction score
The biggest problem for Zeke is Moore.. Moore wouldn't know how to plan a running offence.. or at least he hasn't shown any ability to do so. Best thing would be for eagles, or anyone, to take moore.. get in an OC that understands the run game, get the OL healthy and then we will see Zeke explode again.

If we aren't going to do that.. then trade him asap while he still has some value.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
That may be, but it also is a Zeke problem, because he allows it to be. The dude held out TWO years before his contract was due to end... Now I agree there is a culture and team problem, and that problem is Jerry, who isn't going anywhere. Just because Jerry is a problem doesn't mean Zeke's lack of will isn't one.
If I'm Zeke then I definitely holdout the way he did. Look how they did Murray. However, If I'm the organization, the minute he holds out I trade or cut him. He's a running back after all. I'd trade Derrick Henry if the offer is good enough. As an organization the only holdouts that I'd be willing to deal with are the ones that come from the QB, OLINE or DLINE. ANY other players not in that position group can go. Finding a RB that can hit a hole is quite easy, what's hard is getting a group of 5 guys to create holes for him. Get an athletic LB is easy, getting 4 guys upfront to keep him clean is hard. Outside of DLINE, I may be willing to invest in a good free Safety. But even a good portion of his success is tied to the front 4. Id spend my money and premium picks on the oline and DLINE, then fill out LB,Cbs, RBs with rounds 4-7 and bargain bin guys.

aria

Reaction score
Like I said.. brain dead.. carry on..
Lol, you can never admit anything is his fault Ronnie, ever.

You even agreed that if I ridiculously said Wayne Gallman was a better RB than Barkley, which is what you were trying to tell people, then you would admit Morris was a better RB than zeke (based on the same criteria you were using to claim Gallman was better). I said Gallman was better just to see you say Morris was better and you couldn’t do it. You didn’t even hold up your end of the deal which is about as low as you can get.

When I give someone my word I never ever back out, no matter how big or small but obviously it’s not a problem for you. You exposed yourself for the scoundrel you are to defend zeke. Nope, you didn’t show myself and others that you’re untrustworthy and your word means nothing for some noble cause but for a punk bully diva like zeke. Well done ronnie, well done!

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I would just cleanly cut bait with him like the Rams did Gurley and Jets did Bell. The whole thing was a mistake.

I still can't wrap my head around the Joneses love for Zeke. Same organization that did the right thing letting Murray go and picking up unemployed Darren McFadden, who rushed for 1,000 yards. Then they draft this guy high and extend him! Nothing this FO does makes any consistent sense.
Agree 100%.

Winonesoon

Reaction score
The best FAIR ASSESSMENT is to trade him in the offseason. Being the Jets are a potential landing spot in exchange for a second-round pick. BOOM!
I know this sounds crazy but, if they are willing i'll take Najee Harris and never look back. That would be a dream.