Decision on Deshaun Watson suspension expected tomorrow

John813

Reaction score
Mark Holmes made a great point on a video he just uploaded a few moments ago. How does Watson get more time than Gregory when Gregory was smoking weed? Also, the fact he got 6 for 23+ women vs Zeke for one who wasn't even credible just proves how badly we got screwed. Let nobody tell us again that the NFL doesn't screw us.

Well, it's not a Cowboys thing. Quite a few players in the NFL got screwed by the old mindset when it came to weed.
Ricky Williams got suspended "indefinitely" for smoking weed, and he was one of the top backs in the mid 2000's. Josh Gordon has been suspended indefinitely for substance abuse(booze IIRC).

Gregory by the time he got the 1 year suspension was suspended multiple shorter times prior to that.
Not that it makes any sense when you compare the severity of sexual assault vs smoking weed, but Gregory at the time knew that he couldn't be caught with THC in his system but couldn't quit/failed multiple drug tests and the CBA had predetermined suspension dates for when players failed x amount of tests.

GoldenR

Reaction score
It will eventually be more than 6 games. Women in the stands up a large%, female coaches making their mark, numerous hiring of females from all sports networks, etc....Surely the NFL brand will not drop the ball on this one, right? I believe it will be the whole year and should be longer. Just my opinion and do not want to argue as everyone has their reasoning.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Well, it's not a Cowboys thing. Quite a few players in the NFL got screwed by the old mindset when it came to weed.
Ricky Williams got suspended "indefinitely" for smoking weed, and he was one of the top backs in the mid 2000's. Josh Gordon has been suspended indefinitely for substance abuse(booze IIRC).

Gregory by the time he got the 1 year suspension was suspended multiple shorter times prior to that.
Not that it makes any sense when you compare the severity of sexual assault vs smoking weed, but Gregory at the time knew that he couldn't be caught with THC in his system but couldn't quit/failed multiple drug tests and the CBA had predetermined suspension dates for when players failed x amount of tests.

Gordon! That's who I was thinking of

jwitten82

Reaction score

I know a lot of people are mad, but honestly I'm not. This judge, and I believe another court found there was not enough evidence to convict. We have to go with that, if those ladies took a payout then who are we to be mad about it?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I know a lot of people are mad, but honestly I'm not. This judge, and I believe another court found there was not enough evidence to convict. We have to go with that, if those ladies took a payout then who are we to be mad about it?

Then why did Watson settle with 23 women?

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
The were pictures of Zeke girlfriend with injuries. What evidence shows that Watson did anything but ask for a happy ending :laugh:. I can’t wait to see the national firestorm with this decision.:dance::popcorn:
Never met an innocent person who settled especially in a case where it involves women.

Flamma

Reaction score
Mark Holmes made a great point on a video he just uploaded a few moments ago. How does Watson get less time than Gregory when Gregory was smoking weed? Also, the fact he got 6 for 23+ women vs Zeke for one who wasn't even credible just proves how badly we got screwed. Let nobody tell us again that the NFL doesn't screw us.

This is not unique to the NFL. I could be fired if I was late to work 5 minutes 30 days in a row. But someone with no record could spit in a costumer's face and only get two weeks suspension. Which is worse?

Watson didn't get 6 for 23 women, he got 6 from the testimony of 5 women. People keep bringing up the other women. They weren't even being taken into consideration.