Deep Passes Dak and Mahomes

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
Wilson THREW THE FOOTBALL to a defender. End of story. His fault too...he's not a robot just programmed to do what the coach says. He can make a choice. He failed and lost the Super Bowl. Blame the coach all you want but Wilson threw the pass pal.
Wilson the baby GOAT sorry that makes you sensitive

Vandyr

Reaction score
Wilson didn't win a Super Bowl. The Legion of Boom did. He DID lose one though by throwing an INT in the end zone against NE. That was HIS fault.

I still say that should have been pass interference. "making a play on the ball" doesn't include knocking the receiver out of the way before the ball gets there.

Jenky

Reaction score
I mean seriously. Mahomes has 41 td passes, compared to 14. Yes, more weapons and better play calling...but put down the crack pipe when trying to put Dak on the same level.

I dont know which is worse. That stat comparison or our fan base not recognizing what a good QB looks like anymore.

Vandyr

Reaction score
I dont know which is worse. That stat comparison or our fan base not recognizing what a good QB looks like anymore.

You do realize it's not just our fanbase that's critical of Dak. Read a sports page or watch a sports show. It's not like people are making up his shortcomings just to bash on him here.

Jenky

Reaction score
You do realize it's not just our fanbase that's critical of Dak. Read a sports page or watch a sports show. It's not like people are making up his shortcomings just to bash on him here.

I know that for a fact and I agree with you. But to some, Dak can do no wrong, no matter how perfect of a team he has around. Coaching is a different story and should have been dealt with long ago.

kento40

Reaction score
Dak is the most crticized QB of the NFL and the dude has a winning record. People are never satisfied. It's baffling. Year 3, young and developing. What do peole not get about that.
People don't want a QB who is a glorified bus driver to get paid 30 mil a year and stop us from acquiring someone that actually talented enough to take over a game with his arm. if anyone should get paid well on the offense, it's Zeke. He's the only one that's earned it.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Not sure why you're comparing him to Brady, but I would say that yes, for much of Brady's career he has been dink and dunk to great affect. The 5 yard passes to guys like Welker, Amendola, and Edelman which earn YAC have been a staple for nearly a decade. He's certainly capable of going deep, but I'd suggest that many of Brady's attempts are short.

There's nothing wrong with that btw.

The difference though, as you alluded too, is that Brady makes a living hitting guys in stride allowing them the best chance for YAC.

Dak hasn't shown he can consistently do that. Dak likes to throw to stationary receivers or receivers coming straight back or running straight away.

His inability to be consistently accurate at leading receivers across the field doesn't show up in his comp %.

Jenky

Reaction score
People don't want a QB who is a glorified bus driver to get paid 30 mil a year and stop us from acquiring someone that actually talented enough to take over a game with his arm. if anyone should get paid well on the offense, it's Zeke. He's the only one that's earned it.

I would pay Zeke and Cooper before Dak, but if Dak is here long term, I don't know if its worth paying anyone on offense besides the linemen.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
The difference though, as you alluded too, is that Brady makes a living hitting guys in stride allowing them the best chance for YAC.

Dak hasn't shown he can consistently do that. Dak likes to throw to stationary receivers or receivers coming straight back or running straight away.

His inability to be consistently accurate at leading receivers across the field doesn't show up in his comp %.
I would agree. Just odd to see a comparison to Brady to try to prove he isn’t a dink and dunk passer. Brady is a great dink and dunk passer!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I saw Mahomes over-throw a wide open receiver by 5 yards.

The receiver (TE) was on the right sideline similar to the Gallup play but the KC TE was even more open.

QBs do miss deep passes...

yep i swear when I watch Dak play it's Mahomes man......:lmao::lmao2::lmao::lmao2::huh:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You also cant compare the offense they are in, the coaching, the Oline, or the weapons in the passing game.

Dak is driving a pinto and Mahones is driving a Ferrari. Switch the QB's and the play would be similar.
Disagree because the talent level of the two QB's is drastically different. Reid would not devise that offense around Dak.

jnday

Reaction score
So there is actually a thread comparing a QB with Tebow-like skills to a QB that is the second coming of Farve? Why would somebody even start a thread like this? Oh yeah, the second coming of Farve overthrew a pass. That one overthrown pass in the middle of all those TDs really deserves this much attention .

starfan1

Reaction score

You are right zeke is more deserving but the problem with your logic is the window available to the cowboys at the moment is in the next 5 to 7 years and they are never gonna be bad enough to get the type qb you’re advocating so your other option is make a splash trade or build around a qb who is good enough to win now and Dak is

It doesn’t need to be huge money just starter money

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, QBs do miss deep passes. Dak’s accuracy on passes of 10+ yards is worse than most. None of them are perfect , but some are closer to being perfect than most. His accuracy problems are bad, but his habit of holding on to the ball too long due to poor pocket awareness is even worse.

Daks's stats on passes in the air over 16 yards is quite good.

Emotion and reality are not the same. Emotionally many fans "feel" that Dak is not accurate but stats don't really support the concept.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
Who are you? The comparison that you drew wasn't any where close to what Xwalker referenced. Stop with the exaggeration that stretches a point made...and then rushing to insult. Not all that Dak does is out of a similar ball park...not as bright through the season, but relevant tendencies and stats are improving quickly. That is the direction being pushed towards, not 'prima donna' land.
Who am I?....I sont e en know what means, clarify
Its crazy