Defense is the off season word

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

You take BPA at premium positions that way you don't spend a fortune in Free Agency.

That's why premium positions go so high and when you take a RB it's pretty stupid because good RB's are plentiful and it's more about volume than talent when it comes to their production anyways.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Defense is always the offseason word and it continues to be a problem until we come up with better players. We’ve been changing coordinators and schemes for the past decade and the defense continues to be a major issue.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
You take BPA at premium positions that way you don't spend a fortune in Free Agency.

That's why premium positions go so high and when you take a RB it's pretty stupid because good RB's are plentiful and it's more about volume than talent when it comes to their production anyways.
What are the premium positions in your opinion.

triplets_93

Reaction score
"Defense is the off season word"

Yes, you know that. And I know that. But does Jerry, Inc. know that??

It sadly doesn't matter, as the very wise businessman J Jones knows he's selling a brand, and that brand does not have to actually win or play in Championships for the Bottom Line to be met. Everything else is secondary to the Empire. That will never, never, never change under Jerral Wayne Jones.

75boyz

Reaction score
I want to hear that our startin tackles are 100% before jumping on board with that, but yeah, lots of defense if the value is there.

Everything hinges on this imo as well. The lack of Tyron or Collins determines everything.

Erving, Steele and Knight are swing tackle talent that can get you by in a pinch in case Smith or Collins can't go.

It's as big a concern as DT and safety if not bigger because Dak and the offense won't function normally without the services of either or gosh forbid, both.

Fully agree with ya man. Seems everybody is taking the OTs return to health as a given when this issue is just so seriously uncertain.

CapnB

Reaction score
defense was the word of every offseason for 6 or 7 years now. But uuuhhh, well, I aint holding my breath this offseason either.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Yes go defense, however, if the blue chip type are gone when we pick and can't get a decent trade for the value.
Would people be upset if they take Kyle Pitts at TE? May turn out that is a bit high, but right now this is where he is ranked. As he could be the next Witten / Gonzales / Gronkowski.

Say Farley and Parsons are gone. Don't want to reach for defense just because they need defense badly.

I prefer a trade down to 15th with the Bears if they want to go QB, or even a bit lower with the Steelers or Colts. But a 2022 1st round needs to be involved. Saints make give up even more to jump that high. Patriots another possibility.
I tend to agree. Which in all likelihood both ot will be gone and possibly parsons and surtain or Farley. Pitts could be best on the board. Look at Kansas City with top flight offense and middle of the pack defense.

CWR

Reaction score
People are healing and will be back. They are good enough to win. Throw the kitchen sink at the "D" side of the ball this year. I don't care if the "lamb" pick is there at great value this time. Dallas needs DT's and finally a safety. Throw in a good LB and call it good. jerry and I are long in the tooth, please don't get cute now.

source.gif

I agree we need to go hard at the defense, but I dont want to reach for an (much) inferior player either. If that scenario comes our way we need to trade down or take the TE. I really hope that's not the case though. Truth is this draft looks to be QB heavy early and we will likely have a shot at one the top CBs. Id love a stud LB too.

Motorola

Reaction score
I try not to lol. I think he has me on ignore anyway. Exactly bpa and need hopefully line up. Last draft tho the bpa and need did not line up even close. There wasn't a single defensive player that was remotely as good as Ceedee at 17
Since the end of the regular season when the Cowboys were locked into the no. 10 spot, the prevailing thought here at CZ (IMO) is that no player mocking to be available at that spot is worth it (Farley, Surtain II, Parsons on D; OT Slater, TE Pitts, or any QB next up after Lawrence, Wilson, Fields are gone). Trading down is nearing to be the mantra for 2021 draft.
Just an aside -and many will say it's just semantics- but Cowboys Fans should be cognizant that the No. 10 spot will be a desired position by some teams that want a player(s) they project to being available.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Since the end of the regular season when the Cowboys were locked into the no. 10 spot, the prevailing thought here at CZ (IMO) is that no player mocking to be available at that spot is worth it (Farley, Surtain II, Parsons on D; OT Slater, TE Pitts, or any QB next up after Lawrence, Wilson, Fields are gone). Trading down is nearing to be the mantra for 2021 draft.
Just an aside -and many will say it's just semantics- but Cowboys Fans should be cognizant that the No. 10 spot will be a desired position by some teams that want a player(s) they project to being available.
Im all in at farley at 10

Mr_437

Reaction score
Defense Jerry Defense [clap clap] Defense Jerry Defense!!!

I'd rather draft Barmore or Horn at 10 over Pitts. Heck throw in Moehrig, Bolton, University of Miami DE, and Collins too.