Defense Tonight Deserves Some Props

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Check this out. Impressive.

I was worried at first, but they stepped up hard.

Did it without the usual forced turnover party too.

I don't see how you don't sign Gregory now. He's in the Defensive MVP talks with Parsons and Diggs.

This was one of the first games I feel like Parsons looked like Wagner or what they intended when they moved him back to ILB. Dude was EVERYWHERE!!

Oh they deserve a lot. All the accolades you can throw at them.

Holding an opponent to 16 points on the road and only 278 yards of offense

That's great defense.

Praxit

Reaction score
....and the refs gifted them few big penalties, at defense expense. Still shut them down.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
We don't even have dlaw back yet. Imagine having him and Gregory on the edges and parsons lining up over center on 3rd downs, potentially coming on the blitz or not.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
All you people are missing the point.....game ball should go to Justin Hamilton. He owned the middle tonight....which force the Vikings into 3rd and long a bunch of times.

3rd and long vs us is a death sentence....since we usually blitz the crap out of people. Thought we played it rather conservative tonight...

Still think we are sitting on our best package....the AA gap blitz when D-Law gets back. ;)

Cebrin

Reaction score
Used to when everything wasn't going their way they'd just crumble, and cry. Now they get angry, and put it out on the field. Totally different group of men out there this year. They're tough, and resilient.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Yes, the defense won the game tonight. Parsons & Gregory were impressive.
True , but dont forget about the rest - Brown had a good game, even Lewis had sure tackles, DL as a whole played well - Osa , Watkins, Hamilton , Basham, Armstrong …
LVE … not so much , but there was no glaring errors , Diggs was battling Jefferson , got called a couple of times .

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
BTW, screw the refs. Oh, and the defense were doggs today.

Reactions: BAT

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score

I don't see how you don't sign Gregory now. He's in the Defensive MVP talks with Parsons and Diggs.

This was one of the first games I feel like Parsons looked like Wagner or what they intended when they moved him back to ILB. Dude was EVERYWHERE!!

I was too, amigo. Their first drive worried me. After that our D played pretty damn good! :flagwave:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

PROPS!!!!!!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Our defense might not be #1 in the NFL but they're the best version of themselves, on a regular basis!!
Kudos to them and Dan Quinn! May they continue being the over-achievers they have become! :bow:

Last edited:

AyeAtey

Reaction score
All you people are missing the point.....game ball should go to Justin Hamilton. He owned the middle tonight....which force the Vikings into 3rd and long a bunch of times.

3rd and long vs us is a death sentence....since we usually blitz the crap out of people. Thought we played it rather conservative tonight...

Still think we are sitting on our best package....the AA gap blitz when D-Law gets back. ;)
Great observation.