Defense wins Championships

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Someone once told me its the defense that wins championships.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yup. If Buff has a good D, they win. Hands down.

Buffalo has one of the better defenses in football.

Defense is a myth in this league. Been telling y’all that. They all suck.

NoFurtherQuestions

Reaction score
Funny how the last time the Cowboys had great defenses they won Super Bowls and without any great defenses the last 20 years they've won nothing.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The team that won the Super Bowl last year did so because their defense shut down Mahomes and the Chiefs.
Mahomes was injured.. and you dont get to point to one game and say see... see.. its the defense. 4 games this weekend and defenses did squat except in the one game in GB in 0 degree temps... yea, its all about defense.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Funny how the last time the Cowboys had great defenses they won Super Bowls and without any great defenses the last 20 years they've won nothing.

The definition of Insanity? Continuing to try and compare NFL football 25 years ago to the game we watch today. No cap back then, not even close to the same rules... but yea, lets keep trying to say that since the 65 packers ran the ball on the way to their dominance of the league is proof that you should run it today. Yea, sure thing.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
So my thread gets moved, but threads about Mahomes, other games, and on and on and on is left alone?? uhm, ok

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Mahomes was injured.. and you dont get to point to one game and say see... see.. its the defense. 4 games this weekend and defenses did squat except in the one game in GB in 0 degree temps... yea, its all about defense.

The Championship game itself was literally won last year because of Tampa’s defense. So yes, if you’re implying defense doesn’t win championships, I can certainly point to one game when it is the CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The Championship game itself was literally won last year because of Tampa’s defense. So yes, if you’re implying defense doesn’t win championships, I can certainly point to one game when it is the CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.
the Bucs didnt make the PLAYOFFS for 11 straight seasons before Brady showed up last year.... but it was the defense that won that title last year for them? boy, what a coincidence that the d showed up in the same season as Brady.

I got some land for sale if you are interested.

NoFurtherQuestions

Reaction score
The definition of Insanity? Continuing to try and compare NFL football 25 years ago to the game we watch today. No cap back then, not even close to the same rules... but yea, lets keep trying to say that since the 65 packers ran the ball on the way to their dominance of the league is proof that you should run it today. Yea, sure thing.
A great defense and a balanced offense will help you win more often than not even in today's NFL

Maybe the Cowboys could try it one day.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
the Bucs didnt make the PLAYOFFS for 11 straight seasons before Brady showed up last year.... but it was the defense that won that title last year for them? boy, what a coincidence that the d showed up in the same season as Brady.

I got some land for sale if you are interested.

Yes, the defense, that held the Chiefs and Mahomes to 9 points and forced two turnovers in the Super Bowl is what won them the Super Bowl.

What part of this are you having difficulty understanding?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Yes, the defense, that held the Chiefs and Mahomes to 9 points and forced two turnovers in the Super Bowl is what won them the Super Bowl.

What part of this are you having difficulty understanding?
im having no trouble... you just like to point to a single game as your proof. That great defense would not have sniffed a SB last season if Brady didnt show up.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
im having no trouble... you just like to point to a single game as your proof. That great defense would not have sniffed a SB last season if Brady didnt show up.

The single game I’m pointing to is THE SUPER BOWL. Your post is referring to winning a championship. The championship is won in the Super Bowl.

Again, what part of this equation is confusing you?