Twitter: Defenses caught on to Moore's scheme

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Seems like they caught on after the Patriots game and Moore didn't make a single change the rest of the season.

I tend to agree. but that's the way of the NFL....give enough tape to any DC, good DC and they will figure you out. so you have to stay one step ahead....up to about mid season Moore was about one step ahead and then he lost his mojo. seemed like there was no ryhme or reason to his play call, route combinations and became very JG like, very predictable.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It takes experience to know how to offset defenses of which he has basically none. Get him out of here! :facepalm:
I have been saying that since last year...he is green. it takes time to become a good NFL coordinator. you have to take your lumps and give time to any good DC and they will figure out your offense and your tendencies....exactly what happened to moore.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
So we wasted Romos career letting Garrett learn on the fly, maybe let's not let Kellen Moore 'work out the kinks' with this team. He should have been an assistant longer before getting the OC job. He has potential but he'll always get beat by better and experienced DCs

visionary

Reaction score
I have been saying that since last year...he is green. it takes time to become a good NFL coordinator. you have to take your lumps and give time to any good DC and they will figure out your offense and your tendencies....exactly what happened to moore.

not just that
He has no one to learn from
Garrett was a moron and McCarthy is only slightly better
How is Moore going to learn?
We need to get rid of him and Philbin at a minimum

Ozone22

Reaction score

Seems like they caught on after the Patriots game and Moore didn't make a single change the rest of the season.

A lot of us have been calling Moore out all season long on how he doesn't make game-time adjustments.

Omegasupreme

Reaction score

The part that kills me about Kellen is there is so much hope that was going to be “the next McVay” etc that no one bothered to review whether he is actually doing anything to prove he is the next McVay. This is from two years ago when the Colts beat down Dallas.
Coryell coaches think they don’t have to change, they will just call their same plays in a different order. My favorite Kellen quote is: “You don’t call trick plays all the time”. Well, yes you do. That’s why it’s a scheme and not a menu or an itinerary. Your one job is to fool the defense to give Dallas the opportunity to score on any play. Sun Tzu said “All war is deception”. Well “All offensive coordinating is deception”. There are no “let’s keep running the same plays and see if something different happens”.
Or more pertinent: let’s keep running the same plays from 2018.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Moore calls a lot of plays correctly but is sabotaged by a penalty or it is not executed by the players. That being said he needs more seasoning. If he would watch a ton of film and really dig deep and really absorb what he learned and implement it, it would go a long way for his future.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Moore has no scheme he just collects random plays.

Actually that's not far from the truth. The problem in Dallas is....everyone has input....in putting the offense together....and everyone assumes all this crap is Kellen's....Being a Boise St. Alum....I can see the Boise St. plays....and I'm assuming that's Kellen's influence. Problem is....only about 25% of the offense is Kellen's plays....
How the rest is divided up???? I got a bad feeling McCarthy has really limited the playbook......and there is a power struggle over who is going to run what.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Moore calls a lot of plays correctly but is sabotaged by a penalty or it is not executed by the players. That being said he needs more seasoning. If he would watch a ton of film and really dig deep and really absorb what he learned and implement it, it would go a long way for his future.

Another thing people forget.....how many times does Dak change a play???? I would estimate 25 to 30%....and to what success rate does he have?

Redline360

Reaction score
Like I posted earlier in the year we regressed back into the old "just beat the man in front of you" ways that hasn't worked since the cap

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
quality control coach supposed to track this stuff so play caller doesn't create tendencies during the regular season .

RS12

Reaction score
Dak excuse # 3
It's the coaching....dummy:muttley:
The book has been out there since Miinnesota 2016. Rush four and drop seven. It aint complicated. Works like a charm for the teams with the personnel to make it work. Namely every team with a winning record.