Defensive Ends

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Hard to tell what players grades will be right now, but it looks like guys like Epenasa, Chaisson, Gross- Matos and Baun are getting the most round 1 looks. What DE's do you like in round 1?

We Are Penn State! This kid will be missed come game day for PS.

Yetur Gross-Matos*, DE, Penn State
Height: 6-5. Weight: 265.
Projected 40 Time: 4.73.
Projected Round (2020): 1
1/11/20: In 2019, Gross-Matos recorded 40 tackles with 9.5 sacks. He was a good run defender and demonstrated improvement as a pass-rusher over his career, but Penn State hurt Gross-Matos' sack production in 2019 by playing him out of position at nose tackle, at five-technique, and in containment.

6/29/19: Gross-Matos enjoyed a breakout sophomore season in 2018, recording 54 tackles for a loss, 20 for a loss, eight sacks and two forced fumbles. Gross-Matos has a lot of upside to improve as he gains more experience.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Defensive Lineman usually have a big learning curve on the next level. I believe if the team doesn't resign Quinn, they will sign a similar player on the open market. Perhaps they add another high upside, pass rusher, but I doubt we will see one in round 1. Lawrence was their last hit at the position and it took a few seasons to develop him

cnuball21

Reaction score
We Are Penn State! This kid will be missed come game day for PS.

Yetur Gross-Matos*, DE, Penn State
Height: 6-5. Weight: 265.
Projected 40 Time: 4.73.
Projected Round (2020): 1
1/11/20: In 2019, Gross-Matos recorded 40 tackles with 9.5 sacks. He was a good run defender and demonstrated improvement as a pass-rusher over his career, but Penn State hurt Gross-Matos' sack production in 2019 by playing him out of position at nose tackle, at five-technique, and in containment.

6/29/19: Gross-Matos enjoyed a breakout sophomore season in 2018, recording 54 tackles for a loss, 20 for a loss, eight sacks and two forced fumbles. Gross-Matos has a lot of upside to improve as he gains more experience.

Quality prospect, but wasn’t he involved in a hazing scandal?

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I've only watched the big names so far.

Like:
Chase Young. Don't need to explain this one.

K'Lavon Chaisson. 20 years old, uber-athletic, already producing. He has perennial Pro Bowl potential, and I don't think he's that far away from reaching it.

Yetur Gross-Matos. Not the fastest, but strong, agile, and has great hands. I can see a DLaw type path to success for him.

Don't like:
AJ Epenesa. He's too good to outright bust in the NFL, but I'm wondering how high his ceiling is. Lack of speed on the edge + too small to play full time DT has me wondering how effective he'll be. He could just be a stronger Crawford.

Curtis Weaver. He's kind of a weird evaluation. Looks like he is playing too heavy, like he has a chunky upper body and tiny legs. If Boise State was trying to bulk him, they were doing it wrong. Odd build aside, he is very fluid and is clearly a smart player, but I don't see the high-end speed or power to beat NFL tackles. Maybe there is some more speed hiding in there if he slims down.

Last edited:

cowboyec

Reaction score
Love his size...very athletic or it seemed so to me when i watched him.
always seems to be in the backfield and harassing QBs.
plus i love his story.
seems like a good guy.
if Kinlaw,Fulton and Delpit are gone...Id love for him to wear the ☆.

Paintrain4978

Reaction score
I like Terrell Lewis in the 2nd. Injury concerns but has the size and length you want and was productive when he was on the field.