Deion Jones possibility

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So Falcons gonna cut Jones. Be interesting if he comes here under Quinn. Be a upgrade over 55. Thoughts?
There is not reason for the Falcons to cut him because his 2022 salary is guaranteed.

They wouldn't have to pay it if they trade him.
- They might have to give another team a draft pick to get them to take on his ~14M in guaranteed salary/bonus for 2022.

If they did cut him, then he might be cheap for 2022.
- He would have already been paid 14M by the Falcons for 2022.
- He is expected to miss all of the off-season workouts due to having shoulder surgery.

Another option is a trade where the new teams pays part of the 14M and the Falcons pay part of it.
- The way that works is that the player must sign a new contract with the Falcons before being traded.

Majic

Reaction score
Let's not bother folks.

Alarm bells start ringing for me when a coach keeps going back to his old team.

Let's discover new talent

Mr_437

Reaction score
Dan Quinn seems to like LSU LBs.
How does Deion Jones fit w/Parsons?
I think Quinn can get Jones if he says he needs him.

Reactions: BAT

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
As of tomorrow I believe the Cowboys get the La'el Collins money and thus will have around $24 million of cap space.

Money will be an issue, but it shouldn't be.

Reactions: BAT

Daillest88

Reaction score
Yeah probably. He was balling pretty hard for awhile there. I guess he got bit by the injury bug. Can be a really good player though.

He played through that shoulder injury last season . That’s what he just had surgery on. Healthy he is an upgrade

Reactions: CWR

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I don't think the team feels LB is a need at this point. Certainly not going to spend money for a proven guy like Jones who will expect to start. Parsons, Cox apparently will be ready per Stephen, Kearse plays a lot of LB snaps and LVE.They have plenty of depth/STs LBs who can fill out the LB room. Now if there's a significant injury to one of those top 3 guys, that's a different story.