Deion Jones possibility

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
It's obvious Dallas is FINALLY learning to stay away from large outside contracts.
Besides, they have enough Jones' already. :lmao2:

conner01

Reaction score
He’s out for camp but should be ready by start of season
His salary is guaranteed to he’s getting paid
I would put the resources at LB for a long term deal unless his name is Micah
But a one year prove it type deal I would sure look at and it’s possible he could be willing to do that since coming off injury he may not get huge offers so a good year helps him get a better payday next year

conner01

Reaction score
I don't think the team feels LB is a need at this point. Certainly not going to spend money for a proven guy like Jones who will expect to start. Parsons, Cox apparently will be ready per Stephen, Kearse plays a lot of LB snaps and LVE.They have plenty of depth/STs LBs who can fill out the LB room. Now if there's a significant injury to one of those top 3 guys, that's a different story.
Agree
But I’d consider a one year deal at a reasonable price if for no other reason it would allow Micah to play more on the edge
I wouldn’t sign him long term and put resources like that at LB
He’s a better player than LVE

eromeopolk

Reaction score
There is not reason for the Falcons to cut him because his 2022 salary is guaranteed.

They wouldn't have to pay it if they trade him.
- They might have to give another team a draft pick to get them to take on his ~14M in guaranteed salary/bonus for 2022.

If they did cut him, then he might be cheap for 2022.
- He would have already been paid 14M by the Falcons for 2022.
- He is expected to miss all of the off-season workouts due to having shoulder surgery.

Another option is a trade where the new teams pays part of the 14M and the Falcons pay part of it.
- The way that works is that the player must sign a new contract with the Falcons before being traded.
Please no more one legged, broke neck, no shoulder Linebackers. Teams do not get rid of healthy Pro Bowl players.

But if healthy he is better than any LB on the roster excluding Parsons by leaps and bounds, and miles and miles. He is from my football factory of New Orleans, LA, came out of LSU with sub 4.4 speed, and I said he was a modern day Hollywood Henderson. I was not wrong. Being the best defender on their team, there is now way the ATL lets him go unless he is damaged.

conner01

Reaction score
Please no more one legged, broke neck, no shoulder Linebackers. Teams do not get rid of healthy Pro Bowl players.

But if healthy he is better than any LB on the roster excluding Parsons by leaps and bounds, and miles and miles. He is from my football factory of New Orleans, LA, came out of LSU with sub 4.4 speed, and I said he was a modern day Hollywood Henderson. I was not wrong. Being the best defender on their team, there is now way the ATL lets him go unless he is damaged.
So you want to sign or not
I’m confused
He has an injury that will keep him out of camp
Obviously anyone who signs him will check his shoulder and won’t sign him if it’s not coming along as expected
They are getting rid of him because they can save money and have two other LB’s who are good and drafted another so they found cheaper options

eromeopolk

Reaction score
So you want to sign or not
I’m confused
He has an injury that will keep him out of camp
Obviously anyone who signs him will check his shoulder and won’t sign him if it’s not coming along as expected
They are getting rid of him because they can save money and have two other LB’s who are good and drafted another so they found cheaper options
I understand why you are confused. I am not. No. HE IS STILL A FALCON! So you have to trade for him. Trade for a injured player/LB that is missing the whole offseason with an injury that affects tackling is a big no no. After coming off injuries, both Falcon garbage dump players (achilles heel brothers) from last year are no longer with the Jonesboys.

If they cut him. Then I am interested. Then you really have time to investigate him, the injury, and fit on the team. He is only 27 years old. So you better not block the development of your young LBs you drafted without a long Free look at Jones.

conner01

Reaction score
I understand why you are confused. I am not. No. HE IS STILL A FALCON! So you have to trade for him. Trade for a injured player/LB that is missing the whole offseason with an injury that affects tackling is a big no no. After coming off injuries, both Falcon garbage dump players (achilles heel brothers) from last year are no longer with the Jonesboys.

If they cut him. Then I am interested. Then you really have time to investigate him, the injury, and fit on the team. He is only 27 years old. So you better not block the development of your young LBs you drafted without a long Free look at Jones.
He’s not gonna get traded
His contract will turn off some teams and then no camp will turn off some
He’s a good player so on a one year deal I’d be interested but not a long term deal. With Micah that would be too many resources at LB

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Rather just trade for Leo Chenal instead.

And Cowboys need to find out what they have in Cox.