Deion Sanders is a candidate for FSU heading coaching job

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
giphy.gif

ultron

Reaction score
I listen to Bubba the love sponge (a shock jock morning radio show) and he's friends with Deion, he text Deion a few weeks ago & Deion text him back and said he would take the job if it was offered to him.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
IMHO, Primetime isn't ready to work the long hours it will take to be a successful HC.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
Lol this sounds like a school bus fire waiting to happen. I loved Deion as a Cowboy but I can’t think of many former players that feel less likely to be successful as a head coach.

nobody

Reaction score
I don't think the guy could coach his way out of a wet paper bag.

ultron

Reaction score
College football is 80% recruiting. Deion would just need to come up with some coordinators that have experience and have proven themselves at a high level. Does anybody doubt that he would out recruit everybody (including Saban & Dabo) in the state of Flordia and Texas (the two major powerhouse states for high school football)? Deion has a massssssive advantage if you're really being honest about his personality and generally how people think.

EST_1986

Reaction score
I listen to Bubba the love sponge (a shock jock morning radio show) and he's friends with Deion, he text Deion a few weeks ago & Deion text him back and said he would take the job if it was offered to him.
You aren’t Mike from Dexter are you?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
College football is 80% recruiting. Deion would just need to come up with some coordinators that have experience and have proven themselves at a high level. Does anybody doubt that he would out recruit everybody (including Saban & Dabo) in the state of Flordia and Texas (the two major powerhouse states for high school football)? Deion has a massssssive advantage if you're really being honest about his personality and generally how people think.
He would definitely make a bunch of young impressionable kids commit. And more than half would end up transferring after a year or two of the mess a team coached by him would be.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Just me but if he has good defensive and offensive coordinators, I think he'll be fine on the field. No question, he will recruit, inspire and motivate his players with the best of them. It's the politics in coaching college football that would be his biggest challenge. Just doesn't strike me as one willing to brown nose and kiss boosters a... as required by all college coaches.

In fact, I could see him def surprising some coz one thing for sure, he won't accept anything less than the best from his players, ON AND OFF the field.

It would be an interesting hire, that's for sure.

One side note......if I'm FSU, I'd strongly consider Mike Leach who Gil Brandt recommended.

Last edited: