Deion Sanders Leaves NFL Network

timb2

Reaction score
Please give me athletes that can talk football where it doesnt sound like a 3rd grader is explaining it to me. The clown show I am not thrilled about. Good broadcasters who were former football players. I love Charles Davis, Soloman Wilcots,and Rod Woodson in the booth. I hate Deion,Michael,and Shannon Sharpe in the booth.

J817

Reaction score
i know some people that have worked with him. I will just say he sucks and leave it at that.

also he was the ultimate front runner. He was mr. atlanta but he took off and joined the 49ers and then Dallas.

The fact that so many young fans think he was a part of the cowboys dynasty is pretty sad to me. He was a johnny come lately who ended up causing all kinds of harm to the cowboys organization.

I've never understood why anyone cares what he says or how he became so important to everyone.

We all have the right to have our opinions, and I’m not going to belittle you for having yours. I can’t really speak of the time he played in Atlanta or San Fran since I was a kid (I was 4 when he was drafted) who wasn’t really into football like am today. I can only really remember him during the later years of his NFL career, but I have met the man on more than one occasions. I can’t speak of any arrogance or bad attitude from him. What I can speak of is him allowing kids (mainly college and high school) to run drills at his house when he lived in Prosper, TX (he lives in Cedar Hill now I believe, don’t know if he is still doing that). I can remember him not getting paid any incentive or getting any sort of publicity in doing this. He essentially coaches kids for free, and I’m not talking about some lame summer camp NFL players give to check off their community service time. Now granted he got Dez Bryant in trouble with the NCAA for doing this, but hey it still says something about his character. He doesn’t have try to mentor anyone. He could just be the bad guy your referring to.

Now, I can’t speak of him pissing off some some people you know. I can say I’m sure I have pissed off some people in my past but I don’t think I’m a bad guy. Or at least I hope I’m not.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
do your research.

he turned the young players against the coaches, then he turned players against players...he insinuated that Troy Aikman was a R....T. He was awful here and changed the work ethic. They went from being one of the hardest working teams to a bunch of We are going to show up and win because we are the cowboys....that was all deion.

and when things went wrong he blamed everyone else and never accepted blame which was another trait that was the opposite of the core of this team prior to him being here. When they would lose in the jimmy years everyone would blame themselves across the board and vow to outwork everyone. Deion was like...well I didn't throw an interception or fumble so don't ask me..

He was the worst. If he was even close to what he pretended to be all these years he would have stayed in Atlanta and did whatever it took to build a winner.

First, why should i do a research when you are the one who claims something ?
In the part of the civilized world that i live in it is entrenched that the one who claims something has to prove it also.

I followed Sanders his whole career. Regardless on which team he was players and coaches spoke high of him. So i dont know where you get your knowledge from because you did not post any sources. But i highly doubt that they are true. They seem to me more made upo by you so they fit your emotional stance.

Also your post is very emotional. Seems like you hate Sanders and your post tries to blame him for everything that went bad for Dallas after the JJ years.

Well if you think about that you wil realize that that kind of thesis cant be true. And when you get your emotions under control i guess you will admit that.

Its true that Sanders played for the Falcons for 5 years. But to ask a player to stay with a team and build a championship team cant be your serious opinion. A player has no responsibility for building a team. Thats why franchises have a GM, coaches and scouts, smart boy. If a player realizes that his team is not going in his direction (like winning a SB) his only chance to achieve his goal is to switch the team. And that is exactly what Sanders did. He went to the Niners and with him they were able to finally beat us in an important game (94 NFCC). If you followed Sanders interviews, he never made a deal out of it: He always said that he never liked the Niners but it was the team that was able to get him to the SB. And that is what his primary goal was at that time. He also signed only a 1 year contract there what showes that what he said about his decission seems to be believable.

I cant understand how that is something negativ when your Name is Sanders but other players like DWare made exactly the same decission when he went to Denver but he is a great person ?!

Sanders signed a contract in Dallas for another 7 years and played there for 5 years before he was cut by Dallas. He was playing 2 ways but never (!) ever asked for an upgrade of his contract. And it was JJ who lured him away from SanFran with - of course - a big contract offer for that time. I dont understand why maybe the best defensive player that ever played the game is judged as a mercenary or a guy who is only about the money ? But a only good player like DLaw for instance (who btw finds every offseason an excuse to not participate in TC) gets top notch rushing DE money and that is ok with everybody ? Because suddenly its ok to get the most out of his career moneywise ?! Those guys are true Dallas Cowboys who fans are cheering for ? Seriously ? But Sanders is the bad boy when he accepts what JJ offered him. He never extorted JJ like DLaw with his postponed surgery just to get the most money he can.

Sanders came to us and we were able to win another SB trophy! This guy went to SF and they could finally beat us to win the SB. He comes to us a year later and we win the SB ? If you start thinking about it i promise you, you may get the idea why that happend. But because you hate him he brought only bad things to us... Well. Do you take yourself serious ?

The guy played both ways because our FO couldnt find a a true #2 WR. So we payed only one salary and got a top CB who won us another SB and a good #2 WR.
The guy stayed in Dallas for 5 years and 5 years in Atlanta. A Mercanary to me looks different. Thats someone who switches teams regulary and goes where he gets the most money. Sanders did not go to the 49er because of the money. He wanted to win a SB. He got 1.1 mils in SF. He could easily made 4 times of that with a longterm contract elswhere. With the way he played for the teams and he stayed with the teams he played for showed that he is a players who is commited to his team.

Sanders did not bring a bad working attitude to Dallas. That happend when Switzer arrived and it followed with JJ destroying everything we had left from the Jimmy era with his rediculous decissions. A good example is when you listen to Aikman who said that when Jimmy left there was noone who held the players accountable anymore or gave them a goal. He had to be that guy and he was highly overwhelemed by that in the beginning. How come Sanders is the reason for that ? Seriously how can one player change a whole culture of a franchise ? But that is the way you are trying to put it.

Fact is what you posted is just not true and i dont know where you get your infos from. When you watch interviews Sanders was always respected and liked by most of his teammates. Aikman did not like him that much and with Jerry Rice he had an ongoing quarral (which is understandable with the comments he made when he arrived in SF. In fact nobody really liked im there just because of his comment. But they sure liked the trophy they won with him). But otherwise the backfield players and especially the coaches where impressed by his knowledge of the game. He even consulted OCs the way he reads their designed plays and made them overthink their approach. Thats true for DCs also. That is not made up by me, there were interviews on TV where coaches regardless of the team made that statement about him.

How come you think other players with lesser knowledge of the game or lesser talent then him dont profit from his knowledge? Especially because Sanders alsways showed that he is an outspoken man - that means someone who likes to speak to others. When you watch him and listen to other players in interviews its always about how he helped them in their understanding of the game.

And you really do think a guy - who assembeled that kind of knowledge - did that because he is a lazy worker ? Do you think a guy who ran the 100m dash in 10.21 secs did that because he was lazy ? Do you really expect to be taken serious when you make those statements ?

Deion is a showman. He was on the field and he still loves to be in the spotlight. I loved him as a player, i have my problems with his behaviour now. But to blame him for everything that happend to my Boys just because i dont like his ways is cheap and does not show much of a will for a true analysis of what really happend in Dallas after the Jimmy years.

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Amazing player, terrible television personality, worse person.
Worse than you?
How so?

Honest question.

We all fall short

I wasn't a fan of his peacocking and disagreed on some of his opinions, but it's not like he was some huge partier (in fact, he was very straight) and the man did a ton for various communities.

He has his flaws (as do we all) but to say he's a terrible human being is out of bounds.
Maybe someone that knows him intimately and personally can think of going there...maybe. But most that know him well say the opposite.

Last edited:

eromeopolk

Reaction score

I know he had expressed interest in being a college football coach, but due to the uncertainty of the college football season, I'm not sure that I buy it.

Deion gone from the NFL Network, Micheal back at the NFL Network, and Pat Smith separated from Emmitt Smith. You know what I call this.....

Life.

Moving On. Cowboys separated from Super Bowls 25 years ago. I have added another son, 3 High School graduates, 2 college graduates and counting, celebrated 29 years of marriage, and our 1st grandson during this separation. That's Life...Moving on.