Deion Sanders Wins Sports Illustrated Sportsperson of the Year Award

rags747

Reaction score
I’m all for Prime and I was totally caught up in it as it was a beautiful story, but the team totall crapped the bed the last 6 games or so.

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
i mean they got nobody in the trenches, he did a lot for them in one year, but obviously still ways away from truly competing.

Team was a dumpster fire before he took over, now its more of a smoldering dumpster lol

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
I’m kind of surprised by the judgment of his record in here as a benchmark of Colorado’s success.

I’ve never been a Deion fan just like many of you although I recognize his greatness on the field.

However, to look at his record as a barometer of success is myopic for a one year sample size. The dude single handily changed the entire eco system of the team, university and town.

The economic trickle down effect he has had is hard to quantify. You could get football game tickets at Subway last year on meal specials.

This year they were $500 a seat.

The exposure, the huge increase in admissions, the booster money and endowments after one year are game changers for the school,

The economic impact he’s had on Boulder City are life changers for business owners. If he’s there for three years you are talking a hundred million dollars.

Give him two more years before passing judgment on the field but make no mistake, by every measure he has already won off the field.

GINeric

Reaction score
Why? His team is a total dumpster fire. Not bowl eligible. Recruits jumping ship like crazy.

Well they Colorado was trash and only won one game last year. He's won much more than one game and he did that after clearing out most of the roster from the previous regime.

Now tell me how many college coaches cleaned out over half of the previous roster, bring in over 40 new players, and beat ranked teams.

I'll wait....

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Never cared for Deion even when he was a Cowboy. Can't trust a man who has fake hair. Not sure what the criteria was for him to win it but whatever.

beacamdim

Reaction score
SI is such a joke.

The only thing similar to its exceptional past is the name.

Did a chatbot make this pick or was it too busy writing articles?

Mcsports

Reaction score
Deion is a great fit for NIL and the transfer portal.
He cleaned out Colorado and brought in new people.
He forgot about the offensive line.
His son paid a price for that.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Why? His team is a total dumpster fire. Not bowl eligible. Recruits jumping ship like crazy.
Who are the recruits jumping ship? Any good links. I ask because haven’t read about it. Disappointing loss streak to finish the season, especially with so many close games that were losses, but only ’dumpster fire’ I read was him firing his OC who left Kent for him.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
The team is still bad, but he did bring improvement. Jimmy won Coach of the Year with a 7-9 record because the team was so bad the year before at 1-15.