Delpit Falling?

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Listening to some podcasts and they were saying scouts now think Delpit will be the 4th safety drafted (behind McKinney, Chinn and Duggar). If he falls far enough would he be a trade up target in the second?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Listening to some podcasts and they were saying scouts now think Delpit will be the 4th safety drafted (behind McKinney, Chinn and Duggar). If he falls far enough would he be a trade up target in the second?
I think it’s hard to trade up early in the 2nd. A lot of teams like the value there because some first rounders slip to that spot. Might be too rich for their blood.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Don't forget this is lying season.

NFL teams have been known to talk down a player in hopes to get that player to slip. Especially teams in the late 1st round.

Chinn is intriguing. Duggar over Delpit is a significant gamble IMO.

Hardline

Reaction score
Even when Delpit was getting all the hype I was telling everyone I would take Xavier McKinney over him.

morasp

Reaction score
NFL.com rankings since the combine
McKinney 6.38
Winfield 6.36
Davis 6.33
Dugger 6.32
Delpit 6.3

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Was he ever really ranked highly by anyone credible? I think he just got overrated by fans very early on in the process and now you’re seeing appropriate rankings
Literally everyone had him high. He was way better in 2018.

RS12

Reaction score
Actually the fifth best McKinney is ranked the best. Tackling is part of a safeties job and missing 25% is historically bad.
Yeah and this was one of the worst tackling teams in football last year. So emphasizing a weakness makes sense?

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Delpit has basically done nothing for "the process" since he walked off the field in the Superdome. No all-star games, no Combine, no Pro Day, I don't think teams have done on-site interviews... it's kind of natural that people have forgotten about him. Some players like Dugger have participated in the process and gained momentum from it, and they're kind of the shiny new toy versus the one that's just been laying there since January.

But Delpit's evaluation has remained unchanged since January for me. Still a day 1 starting FS, and that should be worth a first rounder.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
You hve to ask yourself how do players fall when theres no football being played.

morasp

Reaction score
Yeah and this was one of the worst tackling teams in football last year. So emphasizing a weakness makes sense?
I remember Heath getting flamed if he missed one tackle in a game.

vnick

Reaction score
Delpit to us in the second would be a bargain. I still like his ball skills very much.