Delusional homer fans

zeke21

Reaction score
I am Case Zero. Been saying this stuff since his rookie year. Called for Romo to be inserted once he got healthy. It shocking to finally see some people see the light. My avatar still stands firm.
I disagree you were Case Zero but yes some of us were there from the start. Wish I could bring back some of those threads from 2016. My message hasn't changed.. Dak hasn't changed.

Time for some on these boards to acknowledge the tireless efforts of guys like mattjames, pappy and others to discuss the reality of Dak.

Nearly a decade wasted because Garrett and Jerry wanted a fairytale story.

nobody

Reaction score
The funny thing is that every single one of us (that dared to doubt certain Cowboys and the team) has an insatiable desire to eat all the crow that the homers could prepare in the case of a Super Bowl win and Super Bowl MVP for Dak.
This. I would be ecstatic to be wrong about Dak if it meant celebrating a SB appearance. even more for a win. But I'm not wrong about Dak. That ankle injury broke him mentally and now he panics in big moments. He's not recovering from that.

But in the extremely unlikely even I'm wrong about him and he actually helps the team make it to the SB, I want grilled crow with bbq sauce please.

nobody

Reaction score
What!!!

Where Dak.obviously lives in your head.

There is more than Dak that's wrong with this team.

Stupid Dak obsessed fans who will never get it.
The team did well enough in last year's playoff game against SF. Had DAK played any better, we'd have won. Yes, in other years including this one the entire team choked. It wasn't just him, but he's been choking consistently in big moments. Way more than his contract should allow with his salary cap hit. His demand to get PAID so much prevented some talent from being acquired so we got jags, hence the failing. If he'd have been happy with 25-35 million it wouldn't have been so bad. That's generational money too.

But rest easy knowing he's not the only choker that should be shown the door. There's several guys playing for a paycheck and not a championship. We saw it all over the field against GB. They didn't want to be there.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Most of the people here are delusional homer fans. To one degree or another.
mr Risen----i was a total HOMER.....hope the shock treatment of sunday worked?.....told men in white turn amps to "full blown"?.....we will see?

cause no matter how many regular season wins...in back of all our minds what if we make playoffs....one and done?...or squeek out a wild card win then

done?......chance i stayed HOMER if Jerry canned fat Mike and some others but "running it back" and do it again?....have to keep barf bag near

Jerry just cares if we remain semi-relevant so we keep making him billions....what it takes to win is no part of equation now....but dont like being a TRoll

that is cowardly in its own sense

bigE79

Reaction score
The funny thing is that every single one of us (that dared to doubt certain Cowboys and the team) has an insatiable desire to eat all the crow that the homers could prepare in the case of a Super Bowl win and Super Bowl MVP for Dak.
Post of the day,and so true... we're all sick of losing.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Most of the people here are delusional homer fans. To one degree or another.
But doesn’t that pretty well define most fans. They root on and support their team regardless how much they suk or choke.

Yea we can be cynical and critical but at the end of the day we are fans. And have no choice who our players are. We can cuss and complain but they are our guys we are stuck with , until they’re not.

We are in a Cowboys fan forum. I’m not sure what everyone expected here. If you come on here bashing their guys they are going to defend them. Doesn’t matter whether the story is factual or argument is right or not .

fivetwos

Reaction score
But doesn’t that pretty well define most fans. They root on and support their team regardless how much they suk or choke.

Yea we can be cynical and critical but at the end of the day we are fans. And have no choice who our players are. We can cuss and complain but they are our guys we are stuck with , until they’re not.

We are in a Cowboys fan forum. I’m not sure what everyone expected here. If you come on here bashing their guys they are going to defend them. Doesn’t matter whether the argument is right or not .
The majority shrug at playoff losses and/or bad seasons and wait for next year.

Others live and die by it. Then there’s the in between.

Jerry Jones is no dummy and knows that middle portion (the live and die portion…most of us) is less than one percent.

Me never buying a hat again is about as effective as me pissing in the Atlantic would be toward turning it green.

Is what it is. It’s no more than a matter of how much it means to you. I’m personally working on that harder than usual.

I don’t mind losing. I can’t stand these two buffoons and their act.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Post of the day,and so true... we're all sick of losing.
Yea, nobody likes losing. Especially fans who had a history decades ago of more success.

Dad taught me at an early age being Baylor fans which losing was part of our DNA that losing builds character. Anybody can root for a winner. Find me a fan who’s devoted to a loser . That’s a real fan.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I disagree you were Case Zero but yes some of us were there from the start. Wish I could bring back some of those threads from 2016. My message hasn't changed.. Dak hasn't changed.

Time for some on these boards to acknowledge the tireless efforts of guys like mattjames, pappy and others to discuss the reality of Dak.

Nearly a decade wasted because Garrett and Jerry wanted a fairytale story.
Jethro has wasted almost half of my life following the Cowboys with his foolishness.

If you aren’t willing to totally walk away from it then we are all lining his pockets directly or indirectly. Yea we can kick and scream but at the end of the day all we can do is root on the guys we have.

Ok, we haven’t had the caliber QB’s or teams when we won championships. I think most see that. What are ya going to do.

And yes we can discuss and critique the results, etc but again this is the team we have. You’re either rooting them on or not. Unless being right is more important.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The team did well enough in last year's playoff game against SF. Had DAK played any better, we'd have won. Yes, in other years including this one the entire team choked. It wasn't just him, but he's been choking consistently in big moments. Way more than his contract should allow with his salary cap hit. His demand to get PAID so much prevented some talent from being acquired so we got jags, hence the failing. If he'd have been happy with 25-35 million it wouldn't have been so bad. That's generational money too.

But rest easy knowing he's not the only choker that should be shown the door. There's several guys playing for a paycheck and not a championship. We saw it all over the field against GB. They didn't want to be there.
the fact is SF was a better team than us. they beat us. we had chances to make plays and we failed. was it Dak. ok, it was Dak. then what are you going to do? would Rush been better against SF? if your answer is he was 4-1 and he would have been better, then your football knowledge is limited. or you have an agenda.

getting paid, has nothing to do with any of it. getting paid, contract values are market driven. fans like us, make up this fantasy of if x gets paid this much, then I expect this or that....its not how the NFL works. its fan made-up. has nothing to do with reality of NFL. 15 QBs make 30M or more. 12 make 40M or more. that's the market.

and its about putting a team that can win, because I sure as hell know there aren't 12 elite QBs in this league, which is the 40M limit fans have set for somebody being an elite QB.

there is more wrong with this team than Just Dak. Dak is part of the problem.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

We are in a Cowboys fan forum. I’m not sure what everyone expected here. If you come on here bashing their guys they are going to defend them. Doesn’t matter whether the story is factual or argument is right or not .
Posters like FallenStar, PapSmear, Blitzed, Mountainweird, etc don’t care about the actual team. All they care about is finding something to crap on.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This. I would be ecstatic to be wrong about Dak if it meant celebrating a SB appearance. even more for a win. But I'm not wrong about Dak. That ankle injury broke him mentally and now he panics in big moments. He's not recovering from that.

But in the extremely unlikely even I'm wrong about him and he actually helps the team make it to the SB, I want grilled crow with bbq sauce please.
Ok I think we get that. You know that Dak is never going to win a SB.

So what about the fans who believe or want to believe in Dak. Didn’t you anticipate there would be some believers in a Cowboys forum?

What becomes the purpose or intent at that point? Are you just here to tell all the believers how their dreams and hopes are all wrong??

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Posters like FallenStar, PapSmear, Blitzed, Mountainweird, etc don’t care about the actual team. All they care about is finding something to crap on.
giphy.gif

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They will always have something to crap on with homers looming around . That’s their target crowd. Without the audience they’d fade off the front page into the wilderness.