Delusional homer fans

nobody

Reaction score
Ok I think we get that. You know that Dak is never going to win a SB.

So what about the fans who believe or want to believe in Dak. Didn’t you anticipate there would be some believers in a Cowboys forum?

What becomes the purpose or intent at that point? Are you just here to tell all the believers how their dreams and hopes are all wrong??
What becomes the purpose of any communication in a fan forum? Are people just supposed to shut up and not discuss their opinions so as not to hurt some feelings?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What becomes the purpose of any communication in a fan forum? Are people just supposed to shut up and not discuss their opinions so as not to hurt some feelings?
The purpose is to communicate your thoughts and opinions. Not to personally take on devoted fans beliefs and hopes.

nobody

Reaction score
The purpose is to communicate your thoughts and opinions. Not to personally take on devoted fans beliefs and hopes.
I was stating my opinion. If that dashes someone's hopes, it's unfortunate but it shouldn't prevent me from communicating.

DZSierra

Reaction score
I generally stay out of these Dak discussions because I consider myself neither a lover or hater of Dak.

Dak did throw 2 int's in his last playoff game that did basically put the game away when prior, he was lighting up the stats and eveyone kind of proclaiming him the best QB in the NFL AT that time he was hot.

That said, the defense in that last game gave up over 400 yards, and when you defense does that, you're offense HAS to show up.

My honest opinion is football is a team sport, and for whatever reason, in the current atmosphere with all the variables at play, it seems it's hard for the majority of the team to be great when they need to be. Of course the one variable that never changes is the owner and GM, who happens to be the same guy ALL this time.

Do I think Dak is the guy to lead the team to a superbowl? I highly doubt it, but all that blame does not rest at Dak's feet. He is however only 2-5 in the playoffs, never getting past a wild card. The flipside is one could argue he's taken the Cowboys to the playoffs in the last 7 years which is remarkable, but at the end of the day, it's uncanny how the playoffs don't bring out the best in him, nor the entire team.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I was stating my opinion. If that dashes someone's hopes, it's unfortunate but it shouldn't prevent me from communicating.

Think of some of these fans as kids who become famished by their favorite players .

Perhaps my comments aren’t directed at you and if that’s the case I apologize but more to those only purpose here is to bash our QB.

I dont know how many kids you’re around in your circle or games you attend but much of our fanbase do become overly Homerish with their QB and other stars .

I hate to be the one to shoot down their dreams . To me it’s like booing the Cheerleaders.

So always keep in mind who your audience is and that this is a Cowboys fan site and forum.
Thanks

Last edited:

nobody

Reaction score
Think of some of these fans as kids who become famished by their favorite players .

Perhaps my comments aren’t directed at you and if that’s the case I apologize but more to those only purpose here is to bash our QB. I do t know how many kids you’re around in your circle or games you attend but much of our fanbase do become overly Homerish with their QB and other stars . I hate to be the one to shoot down their dreams . To me it’s like booing the Cheerleaders.

So always keep in mind who your audience is and that this is a Cowboys fan site and forum.
Thanks
Dude, it's rare that kids come to forums, and this is a fan forum to discuss the Cowboys, not a romper room. When my kids were under 18, I wouldn't let them come here. No way. I'm not here to sell the kool aid. It's not my job to sell lies like Santa Claus is real, Dak's a good post-season QB, and Jerry is a good owner.

I'm here to discuss the Cowboys, good and bad. Dak is a bad post-season QB and we'll never win with him. That's just what it is. He's far from the only problem though. I don't see you giving this little message to people trashing other players. It's because it's Dak. I supported Dak until the last playoff game against SF. I defended him hard. Now that I know he's a perennial choker, I'll point out what he is. He's a great guy...off the field. He's a great QB in the regular season. He just will never get it done post-season.

I appreciate what you're trying to do, but to me it's a silly argument given that it's a fan forum to discuss the Cowboys. Over the past year, I've been insulted by Dak fans enough to not give a flying fig if calling him out for what he is dashing dreams or hurts feelings, because I see it as the truth. The truth should never be hidden or silent. It should always ring out loudly because it's TRUE. Stop coddling the young, it only makes them weak.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dude, it's rare that kids come to forums, and this is a fan forum to discuss the Cowboys, not a romper room. When my kids were under 18, I wouldn't let them come here. No way. I'm not here to sell the kool aid. It's not my job to sell lies like Santa Claus is real, Dak's a good post-season QB, and Jerry is a good owner.

I'm here to discuss the Cowboys, good and bad. Dak is a bad post-season QB and we'll never win with him. That's just what it is. He's far from the only problem though. I don't see you giving this little message to people trashing other players. It's because it's Dak. I supported Dak until the last playoff game against SF. I defended him hard. Now that I know he's a perennial choker, I'll point out what he is. He's a great guy...off the field. He's a great QB in the regular season. He just will never get it done post-season.

I appreciate what you're trying to do, but to me it's a silly argument given that it's a fan forum to discuss the Cowboys. Over the past year, I've been insulted by Dak fans enough to not give a flying fig if calling him out for what he is dashing dreams or hurts feelings, because I see it as the truth. The truth should never be hidden or silent. It should always ring out loudly because it's TRUE. Stop coddling the young, it only makes them weak.
You don’t know that he’ll never win. That’s a trollish talking point. What you’re speaking isn’t all the truth but what you believe.

If you believe it’s very unlikely then that’s fine. Words and Intent are important.

From my understanding we have a large segment of kids here ( teenagers). And young fans from this generation.

nobody

Reaction score
You don’t know that he’ll never win. That’s a trollish talking point.

If you believe it’s very unlikely then that’s fine. Words and Intent are important.

From my understanding we have a large segment of kids here ( teenagers).

What you’re speaking isn’t all the truth but what you believe.
Have you heard the concept of hyperbole? We all engage in it. You've even used it a lot yourself talking about Jerry. Those who live in glass houses and all that.

I truly believe he will always choke in the playoffs and we'll never win with Dak. He's choked three years in a row. So far evidence backs me up. I'll speak however I please. I'm not going to engage in the ridiculous notion of safe spaces. If a teenager is here, it's on the parents to monitor it to see if it's safe for their children. It's not like I engage in profanity or other extremely inappropriate language or concepts here. I'm a father, I know how it is. But I won't engage in mindless editing of what I perceive to be the facts to save hurt feelings. It's disingenuous and in fact hurts people in the long run. They have to engage in discussions where people disagree and see that it's okay. Hiding that and making things seem all rainbows and unicorns leads to teens turning into adults that can't handle dissent or adversity.

Sorry man, you're not going to convince me. Why aren't you doing this with anyone saying any other player is a choker? It's only Dak. I smell agenda. Anyway, I think we have exhausted the possibilities of this line because you will not convince me to censor what I believe is the truth. I respect you, but I think this particular idea of yours is bad.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Have you heard the concept of hyperbole? We all engage in it. You've even used it a lot yourself talking about Jerry. Those who live in glass houses and all that.

I truly believe he will always choke in the playoffs and we'll never win with Dak. He's choked three years in a row. So far evidence backs me up. I'll speak however I please. I'm not going to engage in the ridiculous notion of safe spaces. If a teenager is here, it's on the parents to monitor it to see if it's safe for their children. It's not like I engage in profanity or other extremely inappropriate language or concepts here. I'm a father, I know how it is. But I won't engage in mindless editing of what I perceive to be the facts to save hurt feelings. It's disingenuous and in fact hurts people in the long run. They have to engage in discussions where people disagree and see that it's okay. Hiding that and making things seem all rainbows and unicorns leads to teens turning into adults that can't handle dissent or adversity.

Sorry man, you're not going to convince me. Why aren't you doing this with anyone saying any other player is a choker? It's only Dak. I smell agenda. Anyway, I think we have exhausted the possibilities of this line because you will not convince me to censor what I believe is the truth. I respect you, but I think this particular idea of yours is bad.
But yet you’re peddling your beliefs as facts . Which isn’t any different than what these believers in Dak are doing.

If you want to present facts , that’s fine but that’s not all you are doing here.

There are other chokers . Parsons didn’t do chit either . He often disappears in big games too.

You’ve been around for a long time. I don’t recall taking issue before. But I’m taking on trolls so I guess I’ll need to add another to the list.

nobody

Reaction score
But yet you’re peddling your beliefs as facts . Which isn’t any different than what these believers in Dak are doing.

If you want to present facts , that’s fine but that’s not all you are doing here.

There are other chokers . Parsons didn’t do chit either . He often disappears in big games too.

You’ve been around for a long time. I don’t recall taking issue before. But I’m taking on trolls so I guess I’ll need to add another to the list.
Sure, you do you man. You bagged on Romo in the old forum for years, always taking the position of devil's advocate. You stated we'd never win with Jerry at the helm multiple times in the past and we should just accept whatever success we get. In fact, in your years of playing devil's advocate, many have called you a troll. I already said Dak wasn't the only choker. I've even advocated for jettisoning a lot of players and coaches and doing a rebuild. I stated that after the playoff loss to GB. You just might not have seen it.

You're just mad I don't believe in Dak. Sorry to hurt your feelings, but he's not the guy. Like I said, I believed in him. I supported him over Romo in 2016. I firmly believe that bringing Romo back for those playoffs would have yielded the same results. Dak wasn't the reason we lost against Green Bay. But something happened to Dak around the time of his ankle injury. He hasn't been the same mentally since and it's glaringly obvious in the post-season. Three years of QB choking when he's paid like an elite QB and taking up that much cap. It's not acceptable to me. Look at his post-season first half stats his entire career, but especially after his ankle injury. Those are FACTS. I use evidence to back up my stance.

If you don't like what I have to say, tough. We've agreed about many things over the years, but I draw the line and people trying to shut me up about a player that I believe is hampering the team. And Dak isn't the only one, but they're not making as big of a cap hit as he is.
Keep calling me a troll though. It's fine. I'll just chalk you up as another Dak lover who attacks anyone who doesn't believe in the guy and a troll yourself. See how that works?

I just think what you're doing is a tad hypocritical, man. Again, have a good day, I won't be responding about this again. Keep at it and you'll lose all respect I had for you since you're only targeting people that go after Dak. bye now.

jgboys1

Reaction score
Well we have the best owner and GM in Jerry Jones and the best QB in the NFL with Dak!

What's not to brag about?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Sure, you do you man. You bagged on Romo in the old forum for years, always taking the position of devil's advocate. You stated we'd never win with Jerry at the helm multiple times in the past and we should just accept whatever success we get. In fact, in your years of playing devil's advocate, many have called you a troll. I already said Dak wasn't the only choker. I've even advocated for jettisoning a lot of players and coaches and doing a rebuild. I stated that after the playoff loss to GB. You just might not have seen it.

You're just mad I don't believe in Dak. Sorry to hurt your feelings, but he's not the guy. Like I said, I believed in him. I supported him over Romo in 2016. I firmly believe that bringing Romo back for those playoffs would have yielded the same results. Dak wasn't the reason we lost against Green Bay. But something happened to Dak around the time of his ankle injury. He hasn't been the same mentally since and it's glaringly obvious in the post-season. Three years of QB choking when he's paid like an elite QB and taking up that much cap. It's not acceptable to me. Look at his post-season first half stats his entire career, but especially after his ankle injury. Those are FACTS. I use evidence to back up my stance.

If you don't like what I have to say, tough. We've agreed about many things over the years, but I draw the line and people trying to shut me up about a player that I believe is hampering the team. And Dak isn't the only one, but they're not making as big of a cap hit as he is.
Keep calling me a troll though. It's fine. I'll just chalk you up as another Dak lover who attacks anyone who doesn't believe in the guy and a troll yourself. See how that works?

I just think what you're doing is a tad hypocritical, man. Again, have a good day, I won't be responding about this again. Keep at it and you'll lose all respect I had for you since you're only targeting people that go after Dak. bye now.
I stop short of using the word “ never” when bashing Jethro. I did the same with Romo. And why I say words are important.

I don’t believe in Dak either. And have been critical over the years taking on homers like AC.

But there is a line to be drawn. How it’s presented will separate those who are critical and frustrated from trolling talking points.

There is a bigger fish to fry. The one who’s going to resign him. And most likely continue the lack of success.

We are all frustrated . And it’s still fresh on everyone’s mind. But there’s been one constant throughout Dak, Romo and entire era. And where my focus or target will remain.

DZSierra

Reaction score
It's not my job to sell lies like Santa Claus is real, Dak's a good post-season QB, and Jerry is a good owner.
For the record, Santa Claus is based off of Saint Nicolas.

The giving was done from the heart, which Nicolas did because of his belief in Jesus Christ and a way he believe he should live his life.

Yes, Santa Clause is a fictional character that has been used for commercialization for sales of goods to increase companies profits during that "holiday season", because most people forget that the birth of Christ is the the real reason for Christmas and what He should mean to us in our hearts every day of the year.

So, I have no qualms with even explaining to my grown sons exactly who "Santa Claus" is (yes, Rudolph the red nosed reindeer doesn't exist as well and was made up for commercialization LOL).

Even if you're an atheist and don't believe in a God, or even the historical records of Saint Nicholas, Jesus Christ (even if a fictional character in your eyes who does not believe) is a pretty good example to lead your life by when dealing with others. Chrismas is not about Santa and giving presents, but what lies in your heart.

Now, I have no clue on the spin you can sell on Jerry Jones or Dak;)....

Last edited:

nobody

Reaction score

The giving was done from the heart, which Nicolas did because of his belief in Jesus Christ and a way he believe he should live his life.

Yes, Santa Clause is a fictional character that has been used for commercialization for sales of goods to increase companies profits during that "holiday season", because most people forget that the birth of Christ is the the real reason for Christmas and what He should mean to us in our hearts every day of the year.

So, I have no qualms with even explaining to my grown sons exactly what "Santa Claus" (yes, Rudolph the red nosed reindeer doesn't exist as well LOL).

Even if you're an atheist and don't believe in a God, or even the historical records of Saint Nicholas, Jesus Christ (even if a fictional character in your eyes who does not believe) is a pretty good example to lead your life by when dealing with others.

lol. Fair enough, but when I say "Santa Claus isn't real" I mean the highly fictionalized character developed that somehow visits most kids every year giving toys and stuff. Obviously Saint Nicolas was real. They're basically different people despite one being based on the other.

I'm all for the spirit of giving and the idea and Christian ideals. I'm not for propagating the myth of Santa's magic. Just as I'm not for propagating the myth that Dak is capable of getting us to and winning a SB. haha. :)

DZSierra

Reaction score
lol. Fair enough, but when I say "Santa Claus isn't real" I mean the highly fictionalized character developed that somehow visits most kids every year giving toys and stuff. Obviously Saint Nicolas was real. They're basically different people despite one being based on the other.

I'm all for the spirit of giving and the idea and Christian ideals. I'm not for propagating the myth of Santa's magic. Just as I'm not for propagating the myth that Dak is capable of getting us to and winning a SB. haha. :)
Honestly, I got your point the first time on Santa Claus, but felt that I needed to claify my own positon per a mythical character in hope of helping others having a hard time being "honest" about a "mythical" characters in their own view;) The added reality is some people view JC or Saint Nicolas as mythical characters as well, which I understand completely, but still a good way to lead your life by following JC IMO.

When it comes to Jerry and Dak, again, we are on the same page per your analogy.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

So, I have no qualms with even explaining to my grown sons exactly what "Santa Claus" (yes, Rudolph the red nosed reindeer doesn't exist as well LOL).

Even if you're an atheist and don't believe in a God, or even the historical records of Saint Nicholas, Jesus Christ (even if a fictional character in your eyes who does not believe) is a pretty good example to lead your life by when dealing with others.

Great examples. I thought of using such references but was afraid it would be deleted or given time out as some of this is considered out of bounds to discuss.

People and this case fans beliefs is a tricky situation. Some believe so strongly and are committed to those beliefs that they present them as facts. There is some facts which they base these fables and myths on and where it becomes a more tangled web.

And why words and context are important to prevent your opinions and thoughts from being challenged or labeled as you have suggested.
Well done !!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I stop short of using the word “ never” when bashing Jethro. I did the same with Romo. And why I say words are important.

I don’t believe in Dak either. And have been critical over the years taking on homers like AC.

But there is a line to be drawn. How it’s presented will separate those who are critical and frustrated from trolling talking points.

There is a bigger fish to fry. The one who’s going to resign him. And most likely continue the lack of success.

We are all frustrated . And it’s still fresh on everyone’s mind. But there’s been one constant throughout Dak, Romo and entire era. And where my focus or target will remain.
So the team‘s inability to stop the run and their inability to run the ball is irrelevant. It’s all the QB’s fault. See how ignorant this take is? No, you don’t.

DZSierra

Reaction score
Great examples. I thought of using such references but was afraid it would be deleted or given time out as some of this is considered out of bounds to discuss.
Honestly, I thought the same things to. That said, I'm not a good Christian IMO because I don't like to shove my own beliefs upon others. Way I see it, even if you're an atheist, JC is a pretty good example how to lead your life. People tend to forget that JC was a rebel rouser who questioned authority in a man's world, which is what led to his non fitional or fictional death, no matter what you believe in;)

Christmas now a days is nothing but buying presents for others IMO, we shoud live that spirit every day of the year.

Needless to say, Santa Claus and Christmas is a sore spot with me as I get older lmao

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Honestly, I thought the same things too. That said, I'm not a good Christian IMO because I don't like to shove my own beliefs upon others. Way I see it, even if you're an atheist, JC is a pretty good example how to lead your life. People tend to forget that JC was a rebel rouser who questioned authority in a man's world, which is what led to his non fitional or fictional death, no matter what you believe in;)
Yep and Billions of people believe differently.

Unfortunately we continue having those who want to spread their beliefs as factual . And then shape our countries and world based on their personal beliefs. It’s basically the basis for most of the conflicts in history.

It’s always been hypocritical to me with love as a base for these beliefs they carry so much hate.

And we are witnessing some of these similar antics in a fan forum peddling personal beliefs as the gospel.
Thanks again!