Demarco Murray fined 21k

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
for his hit in the eagles game lol

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/03/demarco-murray-fined-21000-for-crown-of-helmet-hit/

Not only is DeMarco Murray watching the playoffs this weekend, his wallet is lighter for a hit last week.

The Cowboys running back was fined $21,000 for leading with the crown of his helmet during last week’s loss to the Eagles, which kept the Cowboys out of the postseason.

It was a huge hit on Eagles defensive linemanDamion Square, flooring him in the open field. But it was clear at the time Murray would be making a donation.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
But no flag on the play.

:D

He did me proud that play. I loved watching over and over again.
murray-blasts-dl-12292013.gif

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
Murray is my running back... I like the way he was running this year!

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Yeah, they got him on that one. Having said that, there was a big fear that Murray would be racking up these kinds of penalties during the season. Not only did he not, he had his best season. Maybe before he was a little too focused on finding defenders to play bumper cars with instead of finding holes.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yeah, they got him on that one. Having said that, there was a big fear that Murray would be racking up these kinds of penalties during the season. Not only did he not, he had his best season. Maybe before he was a little too focused on finding defenders to play bumper cars with instead of finding holes.

I think it is the second or third time that it could have been called on him this year. The thing is, I thought Sunday's was the least of his offenses because the way Square approached the tackle that kind of initiated the contact. (Murray had his head down charging forward and Square came in high.) I guess it's the fact that Murray planted him that drew the league's attention.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I knew it was against the rules, but it was a great moment in the game. Had we won, we would've been laughing about that one all night. I think there should be a rule against fining a player when no penalty was called. Fine the officials or don't fine anyone for a missed call.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
someone correct me if I am wrong...but he never ran the same after that. I actually thought he knocked himself out on that play

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
That's BS. SO the guy basically runs into Murray's helmet, what's Murray supposed to do, fall backwards? Dumb.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
The end result looks awesome, but I don't think Murray ever intended to hit him with his helmet until the last split-second. Murray looks like he wants to cut back and go around Square, then he realizes that he can't and starts to duck and brace himself for contact before finally initiating it himself.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The end result looks awesome, but I don't think Murray ever intended to hit him with his helmet until the last split-second. Murray looks like he wants to cut back and go around Square, then he realizes that he can't and starts to duck and brace himself for contact before finally initiating it himself.

Yes, he clearly hit Square with his helmet, but it was more of an "accidental" hit. Of course, we've seen other accidental hits on defense result in fines, so I guess we shouldn't be surprised.