Demarco Murray fined 21k

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
So the NFL went the entire year without flagging an RB, panicked and dragged Murray into their example plan. Stay classy.

SkinsFan28

Reaction score
I knew it was against the rules, but it was a great moment in the game. Had we won, we would've been laughing about that one all night. I think there should be a rule against fining a player when no penalty was called. Fine the officials or don't fine anyone for a missed call.

I would rather see a fine and no penalty. Let a player decide how light he wants his wallet to be (not that 21,000 is really lightening his up) and let the game be played hard on the field.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
He did me proud that play. I loved watching over and over again.
murray-blasts-dl-12292013.gif

Now that's what I'm talking about....as a fan. They have got to stop this kind of thing. I cringe every time I see him do that.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
Absolutely ridiculous rule.

Everyone can try to justify what Murray did but it's the rule that's absurd. Only AP and Murray do it and they are trying to take it out of the game

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Now that's what I'm talking about....as a fan. They have got to stop this kind of thing. I cringe every time I see him do that.

OK, looking at it again ... he did dip his head down right before contact, but I still say the way that Square came in to tackle him is what makes it look so bad. Square is going in high and when Murray tries to cut and ends up turning into him, Square isn't balanced to absorb the blow.

lostar2009

Reaction score
for his hit in the eagles game lol

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/03/demarco-murray-fined-21000-for-crown-of-helmet-hit/

Not only is DeMarco Murray watching the playoffs this weekend, his wallet is lighter for a hit last week.

The Cowboys running back was fined $21,000 for leading with the crown of his helmet during last week’s loss to the Eagles, which kept the Cowboys out of the postseason.

It was a huge hit on Eagles defensive linemanDamion Square, flooring him in the open field. But it was clear at the time Murray would be making a donation.

What hit ? ;)

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
I never like to see that play, especially from defensive backs. Over the history of football there's been so many broken necks from leading with the crown of the helmet. Who cares about Square, Murray could have been hurt, seriously.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I never like to see that play, especially from defensive backs. Over the history of football there's been so many broken necks from leading with the crown of the helmet. Who cares about Square, Murray could have been hurt, seriously.

What about some of those blindside hits that Sean Lee took? He got jacked up! But, he's injury prone...I heard it right here.