DeMarco Murray for MVP?

gdogg24

Reaction score
130 carries 670 yards, 5.2 ypc, 15 rec 124 yards & 5 TDs also current Dallas ranks third in time of possession (they finished 26th last season) I don't see how he could not be in consideration with how he's played so far this season.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mmm, If he cut the fumbles, then maybe...
Let's be fair. First quarters are DeMarco's kryptonite. :p

Murray's on a 2,000+ rushing yard pace. Unless a quarterback steps up and has a Dan Marino type season (which kept Eric Dickerson from winning MVP in 1984), I can see Murray winning the award. It would help if Dallas continues winning this season though.

gdogg24

Reaction score
Btw who knows when the Dallas Cowboys last had a player win MVP?

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
Yes, if he keeps up this pace, which is unlikely. I have very little doubt that he will get hurt at some point, probably keeping him out for 2-4 games.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's in the conversation if he keeps running away from the rest of the league. Parche's right, though, the fumbling will (or should) kill it if he doesn't get it handled.

NickZepp

Reaction score
If he's healthy he'll get the MVP the way he's going.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Yup Emmitt Smith is the last and apparently the only Dallas Cowboy to win an NFL MVP award, happened way back in 1993

Good guess then. Well a fairly obvious one since those guys were really the last great players that would even be considered.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes he should be mentioned to be in the running.
If JJ Watt was considered coming into the last game. And he wasn't a difference maker in the game. but still considered. then yes, murray should be too, even with the fumbles so far. As long as he doesn't have any more, or any that actually cost us a game.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
If he stays healthy and they continue to feature the offense through him like this and win games then yes he absolutely will be up for the MVP award at years end.

That's a long way from now though.

dbonham

Reaction score
I would be shocked if he kept this pace up. I don't think his production is an anomaly but he is getting run into the ground right now and either injury or snap management will cut down on his yards

NickZepp

Reaction score
I would be shocked if he kept this pace up. I don't think his production is an anomaly but he is getting run into the ground right now and either injury or snap management will cut down on his yards

Even if he goes down in pace and ends up with say 15-1600 yards and something like 15 TDs that's probably enough for the MVP award. He'll probably also have another couple hundred yards receiving and a couple more TDs there possibly.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Btw who knows when the Dallas Cowboys last had a player win MVP?

Romo would have won if not for 16-0 patriots in 07 and Ware should won defensive player but went to James Harrison the year Ware had 21.5 sacks

dbonham

Reaction score
Even if he goes down in pace and ends up with say 15-1600 yards and something like 15 TDs that's probably enough for the MVP award. He'll probably also have another couple hundred yards receiving and a couple more TDs there possibly.

CJ2K didn't win MVP after his 2000 yard year, it'll likely go to whichever QB wins the Super Bowl

PoundTheRock

Reaction score
He's not going to make it through the season with the workload he's carrying, so I don't see how he's gonna win MVP.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
If he and Rivers keep up the pace they're at, it'll be a toss up. Although I think Rivers probably has the edge right now.

NickZepp

Reaction score
CJ2K didn't win MVP after his 2000 yard year, it'll likely go to whichever QB wins the Super Bowl

Tennessee didn't make the playoffs that year and Manning led Indy to a 14-2 season. It'll be hard to not make the playoffs after a 4-1 start but I won't underestimate the Cowboys ability to do so.

gdogg24

Reaction score
Tennessee didn't make the playoffs that year and Manning led Indy to a 14-2 season. It'll be hard to not make the playoffs after a 4-1 start but I won't underestimate the Cowboys ability to do so.

Murray would have stiff competition this year too, but a big part do him having a chance at winning it would be the team getting to the playoffs.