DeMarco Murray is looking for a job **merged**

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Hum.. is that the college kid? You may be right, I have watched so many dang videos on some of these guys I'm befuddled remembering the ones I liked and were being talked about... that just may be him... I'll go watch the Utubey on him and tell ya!

No. Is Darius Jackson the RB who left and got injured that you were referring to?

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I was thinking about Lance Dunbar...the college RB name just eludes me...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was free to do whatever he wanted & now he's unemployed. Don't want someone here who chose to go somewhere else.

The fact he was free to do what he wanted isn't even an issue for discussion. Neither is whether you want him - he isn't an option for us.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
No to DM, sorry but he showed his colors when he went to the Egirls. And yes I do hold it against him...money root of all evil. He had it good in D, but hey flip side we have Zeke. There are plenty of good RBs in this draft, cant recall the name but there is one who fits the bill for what we do, good 3rd down back with great hands and a solid blocker and speedy as all get out. He's rather small but boy is he quick and can read the field....it'll come to me AFTER I post! Think they said we could get him in a later round as they expect him to be there. What was the name of the back we had who left last season, he got injured and dallas really didn't try to keep him... man I hate getting forgetful.

1. He waited for the Cowboys to offer him more money than the 4 million or so they did offer during the season. He hung out with Romo and the coach. He didn't clean his locker out. He waited. The team moved on and left him hanging. So this assessment you made on him is inaccurate.

2. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. - - strike two.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
nah, pass. if you need a backup RB, just draft one. Way cheaper.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
1. He waited for the Cowboys to offer him more money than the 4 million or so they did offer during the season. He hung out with Romo and the coach. He didn't clean his locker out. He waited. The team moved on and left him hanging. So this assessment you made on him is inaccurate.

2. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. - - strike two.
And your a moron... he waited...oh well sign his always hurt butt up for 7 mil? No sorry, he had ONE break out season, and expected good ole Jerrah to fill his pockets, and yea it was ALL about his love for money. Other wise, he accepts the 4 mil and stays... any more ignorance you want destroyed?

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
And your a moron... he waited...oh well sign his always hurt butt up for 7 mil? No sorry, he had ONE break out season, and expected good ole Jerrah to fill his pockets, and yea it was ALL about his love for money. Other wise, he accepts the 4 mil and stays... any more ignorance you want destroyed?

I see you called me a name first off. Less than 70 posts on this board and calling people names. Brilliant.

His first two seasons were injury plagued. He had less than 170 carries each year.

Year three he had over 200 and posted 1121 yards playing 14 games. That was 80 yards per contest, during a year Romo was throwing like crazy.

Then his break out year when Romo allowed the offense to run through the RB. 1845 yards rushing and a total of 2261 total offense.

Again, he stuck around Dallas and did not run off to the eagles until it was apparent Dallas was not going to offer him anything but the low ball offer they put on the table during the season. Nate Newton was on the radio talking about this at length one day. He said Murray made a mistake by not cleaning out his locker immediately after the season was over, and causing Dallas to worry a little. He hung around wanting Dallas to at least negotiate. So the loyalty thing you are set on is BS.

But Dallas didn't negotiate, thinking they had a better player sitting on the bench while Murray posted 1800 plus yards rushing. Mr. Meat On The Bone Joseph Randall posted all of 316 yards in 2015. Jerry was so sure he had a better option. Just like a bunch of people on this board. Because we all know the back-up is better than the starter.

Murray was misused in Philly, then went to Tenn and hung up almost 1300 yards behind a much worse line than Dallas.

I think it is interesting your stance on his salary. He asked for 7, but he might have taken less if Dallas would have actually tried to negotiate. We'll never know because once again Jerry pays the wrong guy million (Dez) and the loyal guys he pushes out because he is such a football guy.

It's guys like you and a bunch of people here that thought it was strictly the offensive line, and didn't appreciate the player and what he brought to the table. Mistake, pal. Jerry screwed this up counting on a guy that isn't even in the league now, and may be in jail.

So the next time you want to destroy some ignorance, write a post, then delete it.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
So once again, well I'll leave it right there, seeing as you snow flaked out about name calling. Granted, maybe it was the wrong choice of words, ill regardless, he had 1 , ONE that's 1 breakout season and then wanted top money. WELLL SUUUURE step right on up to the register. grief, there is an old saying, there are no so blind, that simply will not see. meaning the obvious, but I'll let you figure it out, seeing your so smart. And BTW, it was the O line opening all those holes for him, some talent, granted, but hummmmm correct me if I am mistaken, he aint done much since stepping off our field. Add to that, once again out due to injury. Maybe I should just delete your post:)

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
So once again, well I'll leave it right there, seeing as you snow flaked out about name calling. Granted, maybe it was the wrong choice of words, ill regardless, he had 1 , ONE that's 1 breakout season and then wanted top money. WELLL SUUUURE step right on up to the register. grief, there is an old saying, there are no so blind, that simply will not see. meaning the obvious, but I'll let you figure it out, seeing your so smart. And BTW, it was the O line opening all those holes for him, some talent, granted, but hummmmm correct me if I am mistaken, he aint done much since stepping off our field. Add to that, once again out due to injury. Maybe I should just delete your post:)
What is your feeling on DLawrence? It is easy to judge things looking back

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You don't even get that you don't get it.
Man-crush = Love.
Anymore childish insults?

Yes I did use man crush ON THE SECOND REPLY. You are the one that trying to put words in my mouth about saying I said you loved Muarry. Grow a pair and man up and admit it or go away and come back when you finally admit that you started the putting words in the mouth. I'm done playing your little boy game. Again you're a huge LOSER !!!!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. He waited for the Cowboys to offer him more money than the 4 million or so they did offer during the season. He hung out with Romo and the coach. He didn't clean his locker out. He waited. The team moved on and left him hanging.
Murray's biggest problem is that he became a FA the same year Dez did. Forcing the Cowboys to make a decision on which one to keep.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Murray's biggest problem is that he became a FA the same year Dez did. Forcing the Cowboys to make a decision on which one to keep.

I think that may have somewhat of a part in it but not much. I think that the Cowboys weighed everything from the only year he played all 16 games was his contract year and then leading all RB in fumbles that last year and would have only offered that or very close to that if Bryant wasn't part of the equation. Philly signed him to a 3 year deal but after just 1 season they went looking to unload him and the titans took him and only had to swap 4th round picks and then after that contract was up now they release him. If some team signs him it will be the 3rd t in 3 years he'll have played for and good players don't get bounced around like that.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score

Well, isn't that what a forward thinking, top notch front office is there to overcome?

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Are you kidding me?

Zeke, Zeke, Zeke and some more Rod Smith at FB.

Draft an all around RB with 1 of our conditional picks.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yes I did use man crush ON THE SECOND REPLY. You are the one that trying to put words in my mouth about saying I said you loved Muarry. Grow a pair and man up and admit it or go away and come back when you finally admit that you started the putting words in the mouth. I'm done playing your little boy game. Again you're a huge LOSER !!!!
Wow.