Twitter: Demarco Murray is RB coach at Univ of Arizona

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Good for him...JJ and this org. bent him over in fashion....

cern

Reaction score
only chip Kelly mistreated murray. he even got to go to one stars or mavs game with garrett, tony and witten.

quickccc

Reaction score
only chip Kelly mistreated murray. he even got to go to one stars or mavs game with garrett, tony and witten.

so didn't any other NFL team pick up the experienced Murray once he was released from Titans, at the age of 29 ?

silvrNblue

Reaction score
This is actually a very common misconception
How so? JJ SHOULD have paid him and kept him with the team, instead he LOL's and Murray goes for his pay day with the eagles. Which did him no favors, yes he got paid but look what a disaster that was under Kelly. Had they kept him, who knows, he may still be in the league. Just my opinion on it, plus I can't stand JJ so will put a pin in the voodoo doll at every opportunity.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
So typical. The one player in the last 20 years that we actually make a good business decision on and got value out of as a whole and people view it as the franchise treating him poorly. Well I am sorry to say folks but that is how good teams win and the single biggest thing holding us back. Jerry loves his boys and it kills us year after year.

Dez, Witten, Collins, Jaylon, Zeke, Barber, Williams, Ratliff, etc the list of bad decisions is endless.

erod

Reaction score
How so? JJ SHOULD have paid him and kept him with the team, instead he LOL's and Murray goes for his pay day with the eagles. Which did him no favors, yes he got paid but look what a disaster that was under Kelly. Had they kept him, who knows, he may still be in the league. Just my opinion on it, plus I can't stand JJ so will put a pin in the voodoo doll at every opportunity.
They offered Murray a deal, but Chip Kelly came in late and offered a stupid deal.

He got paid.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Players get shorted on offers every year all over the NFL because teams have to make hard choices to live with the salary cap. That doesn't mean a player was mistreated, it just means the team had a choice to make. Even if the team made the wrong one, that doesn't somehow prove malice. Besides, how can you say Murray got screwed when he signed a $42 million contract?

Tussinman

Reaction score
How so? JJ SHOULD have paid him and kept him with the team, instead he LOL's and Murray goes for his pay day with the eagles.
This exact quote is exactly why it's a common misconception.

The cowboys offer was right in line with the 2 other bidders at the time (jacksonville and oakland).

Eagles front office and coach (who to absolutely no surprise both got fired) literally jumped in and offered double the money as the 3 other bidders for absolutely NO reason (wreckless decisions like this set the team back years and cost management there jobs).

There's absolutely no way the cowboys should of "kept him with the team" when the only way to do that is counter a terrible wreckless decision of the Eagles

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

He was offered a contract. We were right to not offer more. We actually got lucky he left as he did nothing since the 1 good year.

Tussinman

Reaction score
They offered Murray a deal, but Chip Kelly came in late and offered a stupid deal.

He got paid.
Agreed. Cowboys offer was in line with the 2 other bidders at the time and the Eagles came in and offered double for literally no reason (shocker, it cost management there jobs lol)
Players get shorted on offers every year all over the NFL because teams have to make hard choices to live with the salary cap. That doesn't mean a player was mistreated, it just means the team had a choice to make. Even if the team made the wrong one, that doesn't somehow prove malice. Besides, how can you say Murray got screwed when he signed a $42 million contract?
Yeah I love how "Murray was screwed" when

1. We offered to extend him after his first season starting (he chose to decline it)
2. We never threatened him with a trade or franchise tag
3. Are offer we gave him was market value

The whole "Cowboys screwed Murray" is a myth

silvrNblue

Reaction score
This exact quote is exactly why it's a common misconception.

The cowboys offer was right in line with the 2 other bidders at the time (jacksonville and oakland).

Eagles front office and coach (who to absolutely no surprise both got fired) literally jumped in and offered double the money as the 3 other bidders for absolutely NO reason (wreckless decisions like this set the team back years and cost management there jobs).

There's absolutely no way the cowboys should of "kept him with the team" when the only way to do that is counter a terrible wreckless decision of the Eagles
And I do get all of that, I remember the whole mess, and so I guess Murray himself should also be criticized for wanting the $ over the team... ok, I'll back track on my statement...

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

No, Jerry should not have done that. I liked Murray but he wasn't worth the money that was being offered by Philly. If he were, Philly would have paid his contract and this conversation would never be happening.