Twitter: Demarco Murray is RB coach at Univ of Arizona

Tussinman

Reaction score
And I do get all of that, I remember the whole mess, and so I guess Murray himself should also be criticized for wanting the $ over the team... ok, I'll back track on my statement...
Yeah the cowboys treated him well. They even offered a flexible extension after his first season starting so he could get more money upfront sooner (he of course declined it but the offer was available and negogitable)

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Seeing how his career panned out how can anyone say the Cowboys should have paid Murray?

They tried to make that mistake but the Eagles thankfully prevented it.

In all fairness, in 2015, the Eagles were a train wreck. In 2016 he had literally his second best season, with 1287 yards and 9 TDs. This went a long with 377 receiving yards (2nd best as well) and 3 TDs (The 12 total TDs was also 2nd best). Given that Romo went down, so it really didn't matter how good he was in 2015, I don't see how anyone can say we wouldn't have gotten a good 2 if not 3 years from him and given the expectations at the time, I can see why resigning him would have made sense. To be honest, had we still fell off a cliff in 2015, maybe we would have drafted someone like Deforest Buckner instead...

khiladi

Reaction score
Well, we drafted Zeke for Romo, to replace Murray and it was cheaper. But we wasted it by not going with Romo.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's had this job for almost a year. The Arizona page is just tweeting pictures of all the currnent coaches (it has nothing to do with hirining).
Didn't know that. I don't follow college football all that close. That's actually cool.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Didn't know that. I don't follow college football all that close. That's actually cool.
Yeah its kinda strange. There tweeting all the coaches and saying back at home and buildilng the future

I'm interpretting it as since they didn't make a bowl the coaches and staff are at home this month working on recruiting for the national signing day in February

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Good for DeMarco...loved him as our RB. Wish we could've kept him, but we made the right move by not offering more money.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah its kinda strange. There tweeting all the coaches and saying back at home and buildilng the future

I'm interpretting it as since they didn't make a bowl the coaches and staff are at home this month working on recruiting for the national signing day in February
Whatever makes them feel good, I guess.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
So typical. The one player in the last 20 years that we actually make a good business decision on and got value out of as a whole and people view it as the franchise treating him poorly. Well I am sorry to say folks but that is how good teams win and the single biggest thing holding us back. Jerry loves his boys and it kills us year after year.

Dez, Witten, Collins, Jaylon, Zeke, Barber, Williams, Ratliff, etc the list of bad decisions is endless.
I wouldn't put Witten or Jaylon on that list. Also premature for Zeke given he's still going to have a statistically great year.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Are you sure? If you have a "love button", then you have to have a hate button as well. Not sure that would be a great situation.
Why require a hate button? We have a like button and the opposite of that is dislike... I see no dislike button. :D

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Why require a hate button? We have a like button and the opposite of that is dislike... I see no dislike button. :D

Why not? Folks have opinions. Really not right to only allow one opinion. Better IMO, not to have buttons at all but that's not my place.

JMO

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Why not? Folks have opinions. Really not right to only allow one opinion. Better IMO, not to have buttons at all but that's not my place.

JMO
Fair opinion. But what would the world be without ego feeding buttons? Heh

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I wouldn't put Witten or Jaylon on that list. Also premature for Zeke given he's still going to have a statistically great year.
Witten this year is a classic example of Jerry's boy getting paid good money and getting a spot on the team with no resistance what so ever. Baltimore has a small army of young fast strong TEs for a fraction of the cost. We are doing it wrong to be sure. Jaylon we invested a second round pick in and then a massive contract extension. He has been on the team for years now and we have gotten next to nothing. Most of his career he has been a liability and that includes most of this year.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
As for Zeke sure he is racking up lots of yards but he is not doing anything that you could not have gotten for a fraction of the price. Value is what I am looking for. He had value his first 3 years. We should have ridden him into the ground for 2 more years then walked away on top. As it stands he held out and we caved now we have almost no hope of ever getting returns on the investment.