Demarco Murray out with hamstring

DMAC

Reaction score
Glassman lives! He will be out more in his first 6 years than Felix was. Book that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Hearing Murray already has an injury in May is a concern when you look at his injury history injuries have been the issue with him. His injuries have been nagging and hamstring injuries can become chronic as we've seen with Austin. This is not a good sign for Murray. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys don't play him a single down during the preseason because one little tweak could cause him to miss the first 2-3 games of the season.

JPostSam

Reaction score
Bullflop;5090713 said:
Ever since he'd been in college, Johnson had been wrongfully doing strength conditioning aimed at maximum leg strength through very few reps with max weight rather than doing a significant number of reps at lower weights. That has changed lately under the guidance of Woicik.

"wrongfully"?

what are players asked about their numbers in the weight room?

"how much do you squat?"
"how much do you bench?"
"how much do you clean?"

those are 1-rep max numbers. and you don't get strong in 1-rep maxes by doing high reps.

maximal strength is a key component of power, which every player needs.

also, heavy squats and deadlifts strengthen the muscles and connective tissues, helping protect against injury.

(torn hamstrings tend to come from sprinting, not from lifting heavy.)

if johnson did something wrong in lifting heavy, it would have been in *only* lifting heavy, to the exclusion of speed work and lower intensity recovery sessions. a decent periodized program would solve that.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Lonestar94;5090654 said:
Hopefully this Joseph Randle fella is ready to carry the load.
I think he has the potential to be a starter and w/ the way things have gone in Dallas, he AND Lance Dunbar and Phillip Tanner better get in as many reps as possible in OTAs and later in camp.

JPostSam

Reaction score
erod;5090723 said:
Players who suffer an injury to a muscle or connective tissue tend to re-injure that muscle or connective tissue.

fify.

:cool:

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
perrykemp;5090636 said:
Saw this ProFootballTalk article on Demarco Murray:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/28/demarco-murray-still-sidelined-with-hamstring-issue/

Is anybody else as worried I am that we are never going to see what a fully healthy Demarco Murray can do over a 16 game stretch?

When healthy he is a joy to behold running the ball. I'm crossing my fingers this is a blip, but I've started to mentally resign myself to the fact this may be his M.O.

Man Joseph Randle could prove to be valuable here. He has a shot to be something big if he can step up though. I like DeMarco. He's up there in my top favorite offensive players. What I hope is that Murray gets better and we can be the potent offense I think we can be. Even better than that, Joseph Randle prove he's worthy of carrying the load of a 1,2 punch.

dart

Reaction score
Now watch Lacy tear up the league

Escobar better be all world

lets count who scores the most TD' S

Zordon

Reaction score
This is why I never saw the big deal about the Murray pick.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Joe Realist;5090861 said:
You can re-post the same headline right around week 5.

Or possibly earlier. I love Murray. He has a great attitude and athletic skills. He does what's asked of him and more. That's why it pains me to say I strongly suspect this is his last year in Dallas. It's not his fault he's injury prone. It's probably just in his genetics in the same way it's in my genetics to have brown hair. I don't think his injuries are because he doesn't train properly. I think it's just his DNA. If we don't get at least 11-12 games out of him, cut him loose. Maybe bring in another back to complement Randle (if Randle does well). There's also some chance another back like Dunbar has a breakthrough. I like Dunbar. He's a trooper and really goes for it. He's struggled with blocking, but there's always that chance he'll improve.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Sportsbabe;5090984 said:
He's no good for us this year. Hamstrings are forever.

For some I wish they could be removed like tonsils.