DeMarco Murray pretty good color man

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
While some have grumbled about Jason Witten's TV debut..

On the other hand I am listening to DeMarco on the Illinois vs Wisconsin college game.

He's pretty sharp.

Maybe FOX needs to put the 2 of them as a team.

That would be fun.

Anybody else catch his announcing?

munkee

Reaction score
While some have grumbled about Jason Witten's TV debut..

On the other hand I am listening to DeMarco on the Illinois vs Wisconsin college game.

He's pretty sharp.

Maybe FOX needs to put the 2 of them as a team.

That would be fun.

Anybody else catch his announcing?

Guys a natural.

Praxit

Reaction score
I’m guessing he ‘fumbles’ his words at the most inopportune times also....?
.Yeah, that's a tough one to forget. Would have been Tony's best chance to reach championship and SB. Fumble was huge turnover. Not to mention he had open space for huge gain.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I haven not heard Murray yet so I cannot comment on his ability as a commentator but he does seem to have the right demeanor for the job.

When I heard Witten was going into broadcasting, I wasn't very optimistic about him because his demeanor really doesn't fit that job. After listening to him, he's really not that great at it in my opinion. I think he would be a good coach though.

I have never really been a fan of Troy Aikman in the booth. He's too rigid and seems to want to compliment every player on some level. I assume he does that so he doesn't make anyone mad at him.

I enjoy Romo's broadcasts because he's less of a robot and more of a guy you would hang out and talk football with at a sports bar. He's football smart but also laid back which makes you feel like he's sitting in a chair next to you talking about the game. Even a lot of Cowboys and Romo-as-QB haters seem to like Romo in the booth.