Demarco Murray Returning To Practice This Week?

dgr81

Reaction score
mquNN.png

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Well, technically he wouldn't be returning, but rather beginning...

Let's hope this pick pans out...

goshan

Reaction score
I didn't know he was bi-lingual. OU has really risen in terms of academics.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I'm very much looking forward to seeing what he can do.

I wasn't a fan of the pick, but I'm hoping he adds another dimension to the offense.

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
NFL Network showed a clip of him working hard in the offseason.

I think he was with Drew Brees and about 4 other NFL players (all of whom were pretty good names IIRC).

He looked likehe was training HARD, and had the right attitude.

Bad luck to hurt himself, but it happens. If it happens all the time, that is another matter.

LarryCanadian

goshan

Reaction score
LarryCanadian;4061177 said:

I think he was with Drew Brees and about 4 other NFL players (all of whom were pretty good names IIRC).

Bad luck to hurt himself, but it happens. If it happens all the time, that is another matter.

LarryCanadian

So far it is happened a lot with him.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
LarryCanadian;4061177 said:

LarryCanadian
It was probably Sam Bradford and some other Rams players. Bradford was his Oklahoma qb and they worked out together.

JBS

Reaction score
Yeah, he's back..at least it appears so according to Macmahon on twitter

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Take it sloooowwww DeMarco.

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
Yeah, it might have been Bradford he was working with. I was impressed with the report. They had apparently been out there working regularly and on all sorts of drills together, during the lockout this was.

As for him being hurt a lot, YES, i've read reports on that, BUT, isn't it true that he suppossedly only missed FIVE games or so, his entire college career? That sure isn't bad? He needs to come in as a role player first, like Felix did. Felix really looks like he's stepped up and is an everydown back now (did you hear the comments during game last night - sounds great). So there is less pressure on Murray now to become the starter (3 down back).

Let him catch passes and be 3rd down guy, and get him in with Strength Coach and great trainers to prevent injuries etc.

LarryCanadian

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
Murray Passes Physical; To Practice Tuesday
Posted by nickeatman at 8/22/2011 12:02 PM CDT on dallascowboys.com
When the Cowboys resume practice Tuesday at Cowboys Stadium, it will be just a light walk-through for the majority of the roster.

For rookie DeMarco Murray, it will be his first NFL practice of any sort.

The third-round pick from Oklahoma has passed his physical and will be ready to practice with the Cowboys as early as Tuesday. Murray suffered a hamstring injury before the start of training camp in mid-July and has been working daily with the athletic trainers and strength coaches in an attempt to return to action.

Read more: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/nick_eatman.cfm?plckController=Blog&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&userid=1990bfd1-c6a9-4728-af3f-a229e85b981c&plckPostId=Blog%3a1990bfd1-c6a9-4728-af3f-a229e85b981cPost%3ad91697ae-027c-4b50-a12a-7286f0a9626f&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest

StevenOtero

Reaction score
cowboyschmps3;4061259 said:
Murray Passes Physical; To Practice Tuesday
Posted by nickeatman at 8/22/2011 12:02 PM CDT on dallascowboys.com
When the Cowboys resume practice Tuesday at Cowboys Stadium, it will be just a light walk-through for the majority of the roster.

For rookie DeMarco Murray, it will be his first NFL practice of any sort.

The third-round pick from Oklahoma has passed his physical and will be ready to practice with the Cowboys as early as Tuesday. Murray suffered a hamstring injury before the start of training camp in mid-July and has been working daily with the athletic trainers and strength coaches in an attempt to return to action.
http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216263

boysfanindc

Reaction score
I think they are going to give him a shot in the return game immediately, I think his value this year will be catching the ball out of the back field. It looks like we now have some O Lineman that can get out on the screens.

I think Murray potentially could be a terror as a receiver out of the back field. He had something like a 160 catches for OU.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
boysfanindc;4061276 said:
I think they are going to give him a shot in the return game immediately, I think his value this year will be catching the ball out of the back field. It looks like we now have some O Lineman that can get out on the screens.

I think Murray potentially could be a terror as a receiver out of the back field. He had something like a 160 catches for OU.
What return game? Punt? ...because we are going to see a lot of exciting touchbacks this year.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
otero1;4061281 said:
What return game? Punt? ...because we are going to see a lot of exciting touchbacks this year.

Definitely going to be less of them this year with the rule change, I still believe he will do some damage with the ones he gets, think he is definitely better then anyone we have had in a very long time.

I could also see this rule being a one year wonder.