Demarco Murray Returning To Practice This Week?

ddh33

Reaction score
I bet that 60% of the kicks will still be returned. Maybe more. I could easily envision special teams coaches trying to kick it high and pin them inside the 20. Not a big deal.

I am really excited to see Demarco though. He became one of my favorites as OU, and I think he can be a nice fit on this team.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Risen Star;4061301 said:
I think it will be. Everybody hates it.

Still trying to figure out exactly why they did it. I know the politically correct thing being said is that it's in the name of player safety, but I'm just not buying it. At least not that's it's the sole reason it was implemented, for the good of the players. If there is one thing I've learned, is that most of the time, large, high-revenue companies (NFL teams are no exception) do what they do because it positively impacts the bottom line in some way. I guess a healthier team, regardless of whether they're star players or not, is a less expensive team.

Woods

Reaction score
I can't wait to finally see Murray play.

I hope he gets some snaps versus Minn on Saturday.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
It's amazing the hype around this kid. On all my fantasy leagues he was drafted as people's number two runner. He I think has pretty much locked down the number two RB on the boys so finally let's see what this kid has.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Bowdown27;4061588 said:
It's amazing the hype around this kid. On all my fantasy leagues he was drafted as people's number two runner. He I think has pretty much locked down the number two RB on the boys so finally let's see what this kid has.

Who was, Murray? That's insane. Not that he doesn't have the talent but anyone who has any clue at all about FF does not make Murray a #2.

But I'm telling you right now, if Felix is there when my #1 comes up, that's my guy.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
goshan;4061126 said:
I didn't know he was bi-lingual. OU has really risen in terms of academics.
Problem is that Spanish was his major at OU and that's the only word he knows...

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Hostile;4061954 said:
But, but, but...he is a wasted pick who will not suit up for us in 2011 at all.

That's crazy talk. He'll suit up for five games and then pull his hammy again.

In all honesty, I hope he can put these injuries behind him. Because a healthy Demarco Murray is smoove. Like butta.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
cowboys2233;4061961 said:
That's crazy talk. He'll suit up for five games and then pull his hammy again.

In all honesty, I hope he can put these injuries behind him. Because a healthy Demarco Murray is smoove. Like butta.
He must be. That is the only thing that would explain the all time records he holds at a prestigious football school like Oklahoma if he was always injured.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Hostile;4061971 said:
He must be. That is the only thing that would explain the all time records he holds at a prestigious football school like Oklahoma if he was always injured.

That is the only knock against Murray in my world. The guy IS smooth, he can change direction without losing an ounce of speed. He is big time pro material and you're going to see that in short order.

At least, until he pulls his hammy again.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Felix, Tashard, DeMarco and Tanner. That'd be a pretty awesome foursome.

I know Murray is special. Can't wait to see him play.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboys2233;4061979 said:
That is the only knock against Murray in my world. The guy IS smooth, he can change direction without losing an ounce of speed. He is big time pro material and you're going to see that in short order.

At least, until he pulls his hammy again.

Actually, he isn't the most shifty back you'll ever see. He can't plant his foot and change direction like Felix can. And he goes down a little too easily on contact.

That's the negatives, along with the injuries.

I think he's got really good vision, he's a tremendous blocker and pass receiver and has a knack for making the big play.

kmd24

Reaction score
Risen Star;4062025 said:
Actually, he isn't the most shifty back you'll ever see. He can't plant his foot and change direction like Felix can. And he goes down a little too easily on contact.

His ability to maintain his speed while making cuts in the open field is among the best I've ever seen. There's a lot more to being a good runner than that, but when this guy makes you miss in the open field, he's gone.

RS12

Reaction score
Watch out for those hang nails, they can be pretty painful.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
kmd24;4062060 said:
His ability to maintain his speed while making cuts in the open field is among the best I've ever seen.

I'm an OU fan. I've seen my fill of Murray. All I'll say is I completely disagree with that comment.

I'm excited about his potential like everybody else, I just don't think he's a very shifty, make you miss type of back.