Demarco Murray Talk

jblaze2004

Reaction score
I noticed demarco murray looked bigger than he did in college but the dallas cowboys and nfl website has him at 227lbs. :eek:

He might have lost alittle long speed but he gained alot of power and it is showing in games.

Someone mentioned rashard mendenhall comparison in another thread.

Discuss.

reddyuta

Reaction score
227? i really dont think he is playing at 227,that just seems crazy.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, Murray said in an interview after the Rams game that he weighs 216. The guy doing the interview mentioned that he was listed at 227, but he said that was incorrect.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
AsthmaField;4224705 said:
If I remember correctly, Murray said in an interview after the Rams game that he weighs 216.

yeah i saw that too. Then the 227 must of been at the start of the season or false info?

Or did murray guess his weight wrong? I doubt it. I bet he weights his self every day or atleast once a week.

Do they do weigh in's in the nfl before games? If so then they need to up date the team website atleast.

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
and my driver's license says I weigh 180--only 30 off--can't believe weight for football and height for hoops

UVAwahoos

Benched
Reaction score
HoosierCowboy;4224708 said:
and my driver's license says I weigh 180--only 30 off--can't believe weight for football and height for hoops

Exactly.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
jblaze2004;4224707 said:
yeah i saw that too. Then the 227 must of been at the start of the season or false info?

False info would be my guess.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
I missed the game. For those of you that saw it, is there any reason to believe he won't be the starter - even when FJ returns?

I see he had 139 yards and 6.3/per against the 8th best running defense in the league.

I've been on his bandwagon since day one and I hope he can keep it up.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Texas_Pete;4226759 said:
I missed the game. For those of you that saw it, is there any reason to believe he won't be the starter - even when FJ returns?

I see he had 139 yards and 6.3/per against the 8th best running defense in the league.

The run blocking is better.

Our run play selection has been better.

Fiammetta has made a difference.

Murray is running with vision, patience, balance, strength and burst. He is definitely legit. If we block he will get yards. He is the starter and Felix will be his complement once he is back.

I do hope we get the RZ running going. It may just be a matter of Garrett regaining confidence in his OL. Ideally we should be thumping it once inside the 5 with the odd play-action fake.

Champsheart

Reaction score
Texas_Pete;4226759 said:

If Murray is not the Starter then that will be just another "X" against Garrett. It is easy to see Murray is the better runner. He has better vision, more power, and more ability to cut back and find the hole.

I like Felix, but he needs to go back to being that 3rd down back and giving Murray some breathers. Felix is no Murray

RS12

Reaction score
Murray has a little shiftiness to his game, and it doesnt look like he jukes that fast, but he makes alot of guys miss. So far well worth a 3rd round pick.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Champsheart;4226830 said:
If Murray is not the Starter then that will be just another "X" against Garrett. It is easy to see Murray is the better runner. He has better vision, more power, and more ability to cut back and find the hole.

I like Felix, but he needs to go back to being that 3rd down back and giving Murray some breathers. Felix is no Murray

:thumbup:

Stinger_Splash

Reaction score
Imagine if this guy had an offseason program and a training camp :eek:. He is really good. It's only a matter of time before we start to see 8 man fronts. Then that will only open it up for Witten, Dez, Robinson, and hopefully Austin.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Eskimo;4226821 said:
The run blocking is better.

Our run play selection has been better.

Fiammetta has made a difference.

Murray is running with vision, patience, balance, strength and burst. He is definitely legit. If we block he will get yards. He is the starter and Felix will be his complement once he is back.

I do hope we get the RZ running going. It may just be a matter of Garrett regaining confidence in his OL. Ideally we should be thumping it once inside the 5 with the odd play-action fake.

Murray sets up his blocks admirably well. on the cutback behind the los he set Romo up to block the WOLB and Romo wanted no part of it. Had Romo not been hurt and willing to dive block then Murray would have had a crease.

Its just fun watching im subtly move to hold the DL/ILB for the guard to get a hat on and then cut. He is tremendous from what i have seen.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Felix is still on his original contract, right? Maybe Murray's emergence will dissuade Jerry from giving Felix a fat extension.

Eskimo

Reaction score
bbgun;4226922 said:
Felix is still on his original contract, right? Maybe Murray's emergence will dissuade Jerry from giving Felix a fat extension.

Yes, we have Felix tied up for the next 1.5 years.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Champsheart;4226830 said:
Don't get me wrong, I love Felix, but sometimes, a guy is just better. Nothing wrong with Felix, Murray is just better. It happens.

cml750

Reaction score
bbgun;4226922 said:

Don't forget the Razorback connection. LOL:laugh1: