DeMarco Murray Time?

Verdict

Reaction score
The Cowboys running game needs to be more effective than it is now for the Cowboys to attain the goals that we all want them to attain. It not only slows the other teams pass rush, but it allows them to eat up clock and maintain possession of the ball at critical points in the game. It is also important in the red zone, where it is harder to pass because the field of play becomes more compact and the defense is more dense due to the shorter field.

Felix Jones has the physical tools and has his electrifying moments .... but realistically, he isn't being productive enough with the touches he is getting in a game. Murray seems to be exhibiting the same traits he had at OU ..... he is making the most out of the touches he is getting. It also seems as though when pass blocking is critically important, he is getting some of the work at those crunch times as well.....

I think it is time for him to get more work ..... I would make choice the 3rd stringer .... as he is seldom called on to pass protect tipping off that when he is in .... it is more likely to be a running play.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
I don't care who's running back there. With our OL this year, it's gonna be tough going, especially against a good front 7.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Verdict;4121381 said:
The Cowboys running game needs to be more effective than it is now for the Cowboys to attain the goals that we all want them to attain. It not only slows the other teams pass rush, but it allows them to eat up clock and maintain possession of the ball at critical points in the game. It is also important in the red zone, where it is harder to pass because the field of play becomes more compact and the defense is more dense due to the shorter field.

Felix Jones has the physical tools and has his electrifying moments .... but realistically, he isn't being productive enough with the touches he is getting in a game. Murray seems to be exhibiting the same traits he had at OU ..... he is making the most out of the touches he is getting. It also seems as though when pass blocking is critically important, he is getting some of the work at those crunch times as well.....

I think it is time for him to get more work ..... I would make choice the 3rd stringer .... as he is seldom called on to pass protect tipping off that when he is in .... it is more likely to be a running play.

I just think it's our young OL. We have terrible run blockers for now. We need to figure something out, either go more traditional two TE packages, or something has gotta give. We can't rush AT ALL. Murray/Choice/Felix doesn't matter

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our failure to run the ball has nothing to do with the backs and everything to do with the five blockers in front of them. They aren't good enough. It won't matter who you hand the football.

dboy214

Benched
Reaction score
Does it really matter when the defender is in the backfield before the handoff?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Oline can't run block, the funny thing is that it's actually better than last year.

ROUSH8692

Reaction score
Verdict;4121381 said:

he played today and he is nothing special... TANNER time

Verdict

Reaction score
The blocking can always be better ....... but it seems to me that Murray is better than the others in getting a few yards or limiting negative plays when he is running behind the same line.

goshan

Reaction score
The line isn't good, but we definitely don't have stong RBs.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
We've played two REALLY good run defenses so far. No, seriously.

NYJ was ranked 3rd last year, and SF was ranked 2nd.

People need to stop panicking.

67CowboysFan

Reaction score
JBell523;4121612 said:
We've played two REALLY good run defenses so far. No, seriously.

NYJ was ranked 3rd last year, and SF was ranked 2nd.

People need to stop panicking.
:hammer:

tomsanders921

Reaction score
As bad as the running game has looked, i think it is safe to say it can only get better from here.

Not to mention, we just played 2 of the best rushing defenses in the nfl

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Didnt that 9ers fan say they have gone 22 games without giving up a 100 yard rusher?

Maybe they can just stop the run. In the NFL some teams can just do that.

But even saying that im not really feeling our ground game lol. I think we should just wait and see more though.

sbark

Reaction score
I could see helping the young Oline out with some peices of the west coast offense....ie the "long handoff" which would reduce the beating Felix etc take also......

I could see Romo being very productive in that type of system, along with reducing the hits he takes as this OLine grows up.

The 3 step drops would take a Suh effectivness down a notch......