DeMarco Murray

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I laugh at this thread.

Losing Murray got us a compensatory pick ....... a 4th rounder ....... 135 overall.

And guess what we got with that second 4th rounder?

Dak Prescot

So since Murray decided to go for the money and sign with the hated Eagles ....... we were able top replace him with Zeke and Dak.

Thanks Murray ....... wish you luck in Tennessee ....... You seem to be doing great.
cool story but it isn't accurate......Murray was canceled out by Hardy

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
So now it's "Early first round..." :lmao:

manipulation.jpg
there are no words to describe someone like you except ones that would get me banned

you sure can slay some strawmen to avoid facing the reality of how wrong you always are

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
there are no words to describe someone like you except ones that would get me banned

you sure can slay some strawmen to avoid facing the reality of how wrong you always are

Lool, smh. There's not a fallacy in existence you couldn't laughably misuse.

Do some research and edit your post before time runs out.

Hurry up now....get.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Murray is off to a very good year.

So far, it appears we got real lucky.

I can't give the coaching staff credit for giving Murray a gazillion carries when it wasn't necessary to do so. And I can't give them credit for thinking that Joseph Randle would be a good replacement.

Yeah, Murray wasn't perfect and from time to time he did 'leave meat on that bone.' But, he also got a lot of yards that most running back never get. He was one of the best I've seen at getting skinny into the running lane and was a great fit for the scheme as it fit his running style. Anybody who says he 'didn't run with power' is clueless. He was also good in pass protection, excellent in short yardage and a solid receiver out of the backfield.

Unfortunately with that many carries and the history of RB's that have gotten that many carries, the price he signed for was prohibitive.

And we got lucky to get EE and that meant having to go a year without Romo and Dez in order to be such an awful team to be able to draft him.

DeMarco Murray is just a darn good running back, period. People want to talk about 'forgetting how good Romo was' with the emergence of Dak, but they really forget how good Murray was with the emergence of EE.

At this point, I'll take EE over Murray...but you're not always going to get lucky like we did.

YR

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
I would have figured out a way to keep Murray, at least for another year or two, as I felt he was more important to the team's success and character than Dez or Hardy. Would not have matched the Eagles contract offer, however. Of course, this is premised on not knowing the Cowboys would end up with Zeke or Dak. I would also franchised Dez or let him walk as I thought he was a risky long-term investment. Oh well, seems to have worked out in the long run but I think 2015 would have been less horrid had the team retained Murray somehow.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Well past is past , many still hate murray, but I am rooting for him in Tenn.
Kinda cool he is #2 and EE is # 1.
Murray is getting way less carries than ee, or he might be #1.
This last game he got 27 carries, he went over 100 and they won, so maybe they will wise up and give him 25 or so per game.