DeMarco Murray

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Murray broke the franchise record with 1845 yards.....the entire 1994 team had 1953 yards and I don't see 3 straight games over 175...they only had 2 all year
yeah looking at all the stats vs taking what i read yesterday for granted i dont see where this individual received their info...92, 93, and 95 had some great totals and 95 started right out of the gate with 230, 160, 150, and 189...even if you figure in a typo of 125 1994 doesn't compute...who knows either way would rather have Zeke than Murray but i stand corrected...I would like to what year this person's data came from though

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Letting Murray walk was just plain dumb. One of ole Jerries greatest blunders.
Well, Murray walked out on us we didn't let him walk.

Jerry didn't give in to Murrays demands. One of his best moves. EVER. You don't pay franchise money to someone like Murray. We debated this the entire '15 off season and most agreed it was the best move for the Cowboys.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

Jerry didn't give in to Murrays demands. One of his best moves. EVER. You don't pay franchise money to someone like Murray. We debated this the entire '15 off season and most agreed it was the best move for the Cowboys.
and they have been proven wrong........Murray is back leading the league after being wasted by Chip Kelly and DAL paid a huge price to replace him...the 4th overall pick and 4/26m contract(all of it guaranteed)

DAL FO admitted their mistake......I think a few stubborn fans should do the same and acknowledge what Murray actually accomplished(franchise record for single game and single season) and what he is still capable of

Blake

Reaction score
and they have been proven wrong........Murray is back leading the league after being wasted by Chip Kelly and DAL paid a huge price to replace him...the 4th overall pick and 4/26m contract(all of it guaranteed)

DAL FO admitted their mistake......I think a few stubborn fans should do the same and acknowledge what Murray actually accomplished(franchise record for single game and single season) and what he is still capable of

Ziek also isn't an aging back.

John813

Reaction score
In hindsight, I much rather of overpaid Murray than see Crawford re-signed.

What's done is done though.

Glad Murray is doing well and I'm glad the Cowboys finally got another bellcow.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Murray is example 595 on why you normally should not spend a 1st on a RB. Or worse yet, the equivalent of two mid 1sts like we did.
Use them hard through their first contract and the last two years of it use a 3rd-5th rounder again in the draft to find a replacement. If they are really great, maybe extend them.

Look at the top 10-15 NFL rushing leaders every year...chock full of 2nd thru 5th rounders.

One contract 1st rounders can hurt. Later rounders, not so much.

Luckily, it looks like Dallas landed a monster. So it's ok :)

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Murray is example 595 on why you normally should not spend a 1st on a RB. Or worse yet, the equivalent of two mid 1sts like we did.
Use them hard through their first contract and the last two years of it use a 3rd-5th rounder again in the draft to find a replacement. If they are really great, maybe extend them.

Look at the top 10-15 NFL rushing leaders every year...chock full of 2nd thru 5th rounders.

One contract 1st rounders can hurt. Later rounders, not so much.

Luckily, it looks like Dallas landed a monster. So it's ok :)
You are cherry picking your data......at given time it looks like RBs can be found anywhere...but over the long haul the great one are drafted in the first...... this team was built to have a great RB.....settling for OK would be a waste of our OL

DFWJC

Reaction score
You are cherry picking your data......at given time it looks like RBs can be found anywhere...but over the long haul the great one are drafted in the first...... this team was built to have a great RB.....settling for OK would be a waste of our OL
I'm happy with our guy.

erod

Reaction score
Murray doesn't split those safeties on Sunday.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
DeMarco who?? :D

I did not like losing him either but I am happy with where we sit today at the RB position.

plasticman

Reaction score

Total B.S.

Murray even hinted he would stay in Dallas without a top contract but Jones lowballed him to the point of insult. That gave the Eagles the opportunity to take him. He should never have been a free agent, but Jerry made one of his famous "anybody can do it" blunders.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

And you're moving the goalposts. The issue is taking a RB in the Top 5 not whether you should take one at any point in the 1st round.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
And you're moving the goalposts. The issue is taking a RB in the Top 5 not whether you should take one at any point in the 1st round.
16 HoF RBs since the merger and 9 were top 6 picks.....5 others were top 8-17

Sorry my standards are so much higher but I want a lot better than serviceable for my team and you only find that in the early first(Curtis Martin and TThomas excluded)

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
16 HoF RBs since the merger and 9 were top 6 picks.....5 others were top 8-17

Sorry my standards are so much higher but I want a lot better than serviceable for my team and you only find that in the early first(Curtis Martin and TThomas excluded)

"Top 6 picks..."

8616b2006ee7e9a479d05550161a3f9e.jpg

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
"Top 6 picks..."

8616b2006ee7e9a479d05550161a3f9e.jpg
I didn't put them up buddy....you did...... because you know saying top 5 instead of top 6 eliminates 2 players for no good reason.....I am smart enough to know that there is no difference between 5 and 6 in this discussion

Your arguments are pathetic

14 of the 16 HoF RBs were taken in the early first round...that means 1-17

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I laugh at this thread.

Losing Murray got us a compensatory pick ....... a 4th rounder ....... 135 overall.

And guess what we got with that second 4th rounder?

Dak Prescot

So since Murray decided to go for the money and sign with the hated Eagles ....... we were able top replace him with Zeke and Dak.

Thanks Murray ....... wish you luck in Tennessee ....... You seem to be doing great.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I didn't put them up buddy....you did...... because you know saying top 5 instead of top 6 eliminates 2 players for no good reason.....I am smart enough to know that there is no difference between 5 and 6 in this discussion

Your arguments are pathetic

14 of the 16 HoF RBs were taken in the early first round...that means 1-17

So now it's "Early first round..." :lmao:

manipulation.jpg

dallasdave

Reaction score
Letting Murray walk was just plain dumb. One of ole Jerries greatest blunders.
But i WILL give Jerry credit for going out this year and getting the best darn RB in the NFL_____ZEKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!