Twitter: Demarcus Lawrence hungry to get back

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
We're 5-0 without you and 0-1 with you.

Of course you're "hungry to get back" and ride the coattails of everyone else's success while you continue to sleep walk your way through games.

I stopped being a fan of D-Law when he refused to get surgery until he was paid top money.

Our rookie LB is a better DE than D-Law.

:facepalm:

USArmyVet

Reaction score
If this doesn't help you understand his impact and there's more to the position than sacks.........so be it. He was by far the hardest working player on the D last year. Does a lot of dirty work that never shows on the stat sheet.

So an ESPN article is convincing evidence? Okay. Keep in mind this is the same guy that held off surgery until he got paid so that should tell you a lot as to his priorities. Also, never a word from him about playing for the Super Bowl until this season, his 8th year in the league.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
BTW.........Parsons, Diggs, and Cee Dee, please pay attention .........the day you sign your 2nd contract.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
So an ESPN article is convincing evidence? Okay. Keep in mind this is the same guy that held off surgery until he got paid so that should tell you a lot as to his priorities. Also, never a word from him about playing for the Super Bowl until this season, his 8th year in the league.

Exactly what is it you want....to release him? bench him? Sounds like you looking for personal reasons NOT to like him rather than his play/impact on the field and that's strange/odd, to say the least.

uvaballa

Reaction score
To say he was the best player on last year's defense is like saying he was the brightest kid on the short bus. So what you are saying is that in 2017 & 2018 teams didn't double team him therefore he got 25 sacks in 2 seasons but as soon as he got his contract extension just before the 2019 season teams started to double team him therefore he only has 11.5 sacks since 2019? I guess once he got paid teams said let's double team the expensive DE.
Not sure that’s a good comparison. Demarcus Ware was a beast but some of the defenses he was apart of were pathetic.

A lot of players don’t live up to contracts, look at guys like Zeke and Jaylon.

Lawrence is still a very good DE and this defense is better with him than without.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Exactly what is it you want....to release him? bench him? Sounds like you looking for personal reasons NOT to like him rather than his play/impact on the field and that's strange/odd, to say the least.

LOL. Where did I express anything personal? I specifically stated that his on the field production dropped after getting paid and now instead of being a top pass rusher like what he was paid to do he is a $20M+ run defender.
So, yes I think Dallas needs to evaluate his worth to the team in comparison to what he is being paid.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear Lawrence is "hungry to get back." I still feel he'll upgrade our DL in both run stoppage and our pass rush. He's surely not the pass rush phenom he was a few years ago but his overall value is very good, nonetheless. We can use another hungry DE to aid our cause -- strong depth.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Contract blah blah blah, prove his paycheck blah blah blah.

Top 5 DE who is a monster against the run. Something this defense is lacking from our invisible DT's as of late. Unless you're fine with a tackle 10 yards downfield. If he's healthy, this front 7 is going to be tough to beat. Parsons can shift around and victimize offenses. Whatever happens in the offseason with regard to his salary, so be it.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Not sure that’s a good comparison. Demarcus Ware was a beast but some of the defenses he was apart of were pathetic.

A lot of players don’t live up to contracts, look at guys like Zeke and Jaylon.

Lawrence is still a very good DE and this defense is better with him than without.

Well, the defense has been playing fairly well without him and I am of the personal belief that Dallas should evaluate Lawrence's contract based on what he does the remainder of the season.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Top 5 DE who is a monster against the run. Something this defense is lacking from our invisible DT's as of late. Unless you're fine with a tackle 10 yards downfield. If he's healthy, this front 7 is going to be tough to beat. Parsons can shift around and victimize offenses. Whatever happens in the offseason with regard to his salary, so be it.

100%......some posters still mad about something he said about the Super Bowl or happen during contract neg a few years ago.......childish and petty stuff. We need his impact on the field ASAP........glad to see he can't wait to get back.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Well, the defense has been playing fairly well without him and I am of the personal belief that Dallas should evaluate Lawrence's contract based on what he does the remainder of the season.

I think that's a fair thing to say. I wouldn't be surprised if he's asked to take a cut to sign on for another season. If he's realistic, he should possibly be willing to do so, although, he's a stubborn character and may not cater to such a request. We might draft a promising DE in the next draft as a possible attempt to convince him that his presence isn't a must. For now, I'd be inclined to welcome him back, with a red carpet, to bolster our depth. A veteran free agent acquisition might also prove helpful in that regard.

Last edited:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm excited about the prospect of DLaw return to the lineup in the final push for post season, getting him back will be a big boost for this defense to have a top player coming back fresh and ready to play. Like most others I want to see sacks but DLaw creates problems for offense and records a lot of tackles for loses. I think this defense is playing good ball but I also believe they will improve as a unit as some players return to the lineup like DLaw, Gallimore and Joseph

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Dallas, thru 6 games, is giving up an average of 4.3 YPC against the run, which puts them middle of the pack in the league. In 2020, Dallas was near the bottom of the league against the run giving up 5 YPC ( a season everyone agrees was a horrible defense). In 2019, Dallas was closer to the top of the league in run defense giving up 4.1 YPC. In 2018 Dallas was Top 5 against the run by giving up 3.8 YPC. In 2017 Dallas was middle of the pack against the run giving up 4.1 YPC. Lastly, in 2016 Dallas was Top 10 against the run giving up 3.9 YPC.

So, in comparing the start of 2021 with 2019 (seeing as how 2020 was an epic failure season for the defense), there is a difference of .2 YPC. So without DLaw the Dallas defense is not showing much of a decrease so DLaw isn't getting the sacks & pressures and the run defense isn't experiencing a dramatic decrease in his absence.....yet DLaw is a $20M+ impactful player?????

cffl2323

Reaction score
Saying he didn't play well last year is just wrong. Watt and Lawrence were the only DE's in the league that were top 10 in both pass and run win rate. The Cowboys were bottom five in the league in both categories, so Lawrence got ALL the double teams/attention. But I guess he didn't get 15 sacks so he sucks.