Demarcus Ware didn’t make HOF

ESisback

Reaction score
u beat me to it. Was about to bring up the rock hall. A band like Styx is snubbed year after year, yet the Go Go's get in first. INSANE. That makes them a JOKE. The NFL is heading down the same path.

Tupac, yes. Ted Nugent no. Notorious BIG, yes. Iron Maiden, no. Insanity.

Change the name to “Popular Music HOF”!

Rayman70

Reaction score
Tupac, yes. Ted Nugent no. Notorious BIG, yes. Iron Maiden, no. Insanity.

Change the name to “Popular Music HOF”!
well said^^. Uncle Ted should have been in there 20 years ago. Here he is still not in. Maiden not being in makes the hall null and void. Ware is on THAT level as far as snubbery goes'

Rayman70

Reaction score
Ware was better than Greene.
Yes. Greene was pretty darn impactful though. I watched him live while he was still with the Rams. He was very very good. Ware has all the stats, the rings and the impact to be in the hall. Only reason he isnt yet is because its the Dallas Cowboys and they are owned by JERRY JONES.

ESisback

Reaction score
Yes. Greene was pretty darn impactful though. I watched him live while he was still with the Rams. He was very very good. Ware has all the stats, the rings and the impact to be in the hall. Only reason he isnt yet is because its the Dallas Cowboys and they are owned by JERRY JONES.
You know who will dispute that last sentence!

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I count Bryant Young as fifth all time in full time DT sacks, behind Randle, Sapp, McMichael, and Henry Thomas. Versus Ware getting many of his sacks as a DE, with other DE’s ahead of him who would have excelled as OLBs… there’s much more of a grey area between those two. If you’re only comparing him to LBers, then the removal DE sacks drop him in that ranking. But if you’re saying you’ll take his seasons as a LB, add them to his seasons as a DE, then compare him to people who only played LB, then it’s a flawed comparison.

The site I was looking at already removed his sacks strictly as an end. I do agree that it gets difficult to judge players strictly against their primary position since some play multiple positions. For example, Bruce Smith is listed as the top DT in sacks, but he played 3-4 DE. That position is comparable to DT, but not the same, especially depending on the scheme (some play it more like a DE and some play it more like a DT). Reggie White is second, but also falls into that DE/DT category.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
that pick 6 shoulda been called back cause of the block in the back they didn't call. refs have been awful for a long time.

If you're talking about the block at 0:18, that is not a block in the back. He hit him in the shoulder that was turned towards him, not in the numbers on his back.

Al Michaels said it on this play and I don't think it's been topped since but at the time it was the longest play in Super Bowl history from one of the most unlikely sources. The strength of this play alone could catapult him in.

Last edited:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It has manifested.
Everyone thinks they can throw a punch at Jerry, with any punch at a Cowboy.