Demarcus Ware didn’t make HOF

mattjames2010

Reaction score
If Ware gets inducted next year, is he less of a Hall of Famer?

Talk to me if he gets to be 15 years in the process without being enshrined. What happened to guys like Drew Pearson, Cliff Harris and Rayfield Wright was indefensible. Ware having to wait a year is not anywhere near that level of egregiousness.

And, Bryant Young was an excellent DT for a long time. And, he had to wait 10 years to get in. He's absolutely deserving.

Yeah, it's fan bias. Zach Thomas is right there with Urlacher and Lewis in regards to accolades and has been waiting for quite some time as well and he was a finalist again this year. As NFL fans, this is more of an injustice keeping a guy like him out.

Plankton

Reaction score
Yeah, it's fan bias. Zach Thomas is right there with Urlacher and Lewis in regards to accolades and has been waiting for quite some time as well and he was a finalist again this year. As NFL fans, this is more of an injustice keeping a guy like him out.

I completely agree.

DonaldM

Reaction score
He was too soft and couldn't finish off a QB like Haley. I can see why. JMHO

terra

Reaction score
Young?
That’s not correct
Ware not young.

Young was an excellent DT. But no way was he better at his position than Ware at his. Frankly he was not as good. Only making 4 All Pros to Ware's 9 says it all

conner01

Reaction score
Ware not young.

Young was an excellent DT. But no way was he better at his position than Ware at his. Frankly he was not as good. Only making 4 All Pros to Ware's 9 says it all
Gotcha
I thought you were talking about young
Young was a great DT and probably HOF worthy but not so over Ware
Fans always under rated Ware
Cowboy fans complain about our guys not getting in but many here always said ware didn’t make impactful sacks. But if you look at his 4th Qtr and 3rd down sacks he was extremely impactful

cowboysfan99

Reaction score
Harrison and Revis are going to be strong contenders.

Harrison has no business getting in before the other linebackers though. Thomas, Ware, and Willis should all be before him. Joe Thomas and Revis should be the only first ballot considerations there.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Harrison has no business getting in before the other linebackers though. Thomas, Ware, and Willis should all be before him. Joe Thomas and Revis should be the only first ballot considerations there.

Harrison was the face of the Steeler defenses that won 2 Super Bowls. It's hard to know what the writers are prioritizing now but Super Bowls are always at the top of the list it seems. Plus, Harrison had one of the all-time plays in Super Bowl history with his 100 yard pick-6 as a LB. Super Bowl moments make a difference. See Lynn Swan's acrobatic catches. Loved Willis but does he have enough longevity? Hard to know who's first ballot but Harrison is a formidable choice.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
How is Seymour anymore below Ware in this regard? Both made the 2000s all-decade team, Seymour has 5 all-pros with Ware having 7. Seymour did this at a far less flashy position too. Seymour was a key piece in a dynasty.

This is fan bias here. Seymour is right on Ware's level and he's been waiting a little longer than Ware has. Seymour should go first.
if they are on par, then why deny Ware and not Seymore and where does Bryant Young fit!!!

Plankton

Reaction score
Harrison was the face of the Steeler defenses that won 2 Super Bowls. It's hard to know what the writers are prioritizing now but Super Bowls are always at the top of the list it seems. Plus, Harrison had one of the all-time plays in Super Bowl history with his 100 yard pick-6 as a LB. Super Bowl moments make a difference. See Lynn Swan's acrobatic catches. Loved Willis but does he have enough longevity? Hard to know who's first ballot but Harrison is a formidable choice.

I think the longevity arguments are out the window now that Terrell Davis and Tony Boselli have gotten in.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I think the longevity arguments are out the window now that Terrell Davis and Tony Boselli have gotten in.

True. Didn't think Davis should be in but again, Super Bowls. That's why I think Harrison makes it.