Twitter: DeMarcus Ware - Hall of Fame Class of 2022 nominee

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Other LBs/DLs he's competing with (first year guys underlined, asterisk means previous year finalist):

DEFENSIVE LINEMEN
John Abraham (DE also LB), *Jared Allen (DE), La’Roi Glover (DT/NT), Casey Hampton (DT/NT), Robert Mathis (DE), Leslie O’Neal (DE), Michael Dean Perry (DT/DE), Simeon Rice (DE), *Richard Seymour (DT), Justin Smith (DE), Neil Smith (DE), Greg Townsend (DE/LB/DT/NT), Justin Tuck (DE), Vince Wilfork (DT/NT), Kevin Williams (DT), Bryant Young (DT)

LINEBACKERS
Cornelius Bennett, Lance Briggs, Tedy Bruschi, London Fletcher, Seth Joyner, Willie McGinest (also DE), *Sam Mills, Hardy Nickerson Sr., Takeo Spikes, Pat Swilling (also DE), *Zach Thomas, DeMarcus Ware, Patrick Willis

John813

Reaction score
I really hope Zach Thomas gets in sooner than later. He was up there with Urlacher and Lewis IMO. Just didn't have the offense support when the Dolphins defense was a difference maker.

Anywho, Ware should be a first ballot guy.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
He's a lock. Congrats! Wish we still had him in his prime.

One of our best draft picks ever. Looking back, incredible to realize Cowboys were debating Ware or Spears as the first pick in that round.

Those Parcells/Wade teams and the HOF - TO already there. Witten and Ware going in. I think eventually Romo gets there, hard to tell with so many QBs putting up big yards now.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I really hope Zach Thomas gets in sooner than later. He was up there with Urlacher and Lewis IMO. Just didn't have the offense support when the Dolphins defense was a difference maker.

Anywho, Ware should be a first ballot guy.

Zach just went in.

Edit - nevermind, was confusing it with Jimmy's remark about his snub. You're right. He should be there

SackMaster

Reaction score
Other LBs/DLs he's competing with (first year guys underlined, asterisk means previous year finalist):

DEFENSIVE LINEMEN
John Abraham (DE also LB), *Jared Allen (DE), La’Roi Glover (DT/NT), Casey Hampton (DT/NT), Robert Mathis (DE), Leslie O’Neal (DE), Michael Dean Perry (DT/DE), Simeon Rice (DE), *Richard Seymour (DT), Justin Smith (DE), Neil Smith (DE), Greg Townsend (DE/LB/DT/NT), Justin Tuck (DE), Vince Wilfork (DT/NT), Kevin Williams (DT), Bryant Young (DT)

LINEBACKERS
Cornelius Bennett, Lance Briggs, Tedy Bruschi, London Fletcher, Seth Joyner, Willie McGinest (also DE), *Sam Mills, Hardy Nickerson Sr., Takeo Spikes, Pat Swilling (also DE), *Zach Thomas, DeMarcus Ware, Patrick Willis
That is a pretty good list.

My defensive picks are:
  • Ware (obviously)
  • Zach Thomas (All 2000's team, 7x Pro Bowl, 5x All Pro, just never was surrounded by good teams)
  • La’Roi Glover (Glover was "Aaron Donald ish" before Aaron Donald was a thing, also a victim of being on not-so-good teams)
  • Patrick Willis (Didn't play long (8 seasons) but was arguably the best "off the line" LB in 7 of his 8 career years)
Gezz, I'm such a Cowboys homer.
:muttley:

But if I had to cut down to just 3, Glover would be the cut. But I wouldn't be happy about it.
:angry:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

conner01

Reaction score
He's a lock. Congrats! Wish we still had him in his prime.

One of our best draft picks ever. Looking back, incredible to realize Cowboys were debating Ware or Spears as the first pick in that round.

Those Parcells/Wade teams and the HOF - TO already there. Witten and Ware going in. I think eventually Romo gets there, hard to tell with so many QBs putting up big yards now.
He is a lock but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s not first ballot