News: Demarcus Ware inducted to the Hall of Fame

mattjames2010

Reaction score
LOL people here saying Ware didn't have killer instinct and didn't show up when it mattered. A good portion of this forum has done nothing but crap all over his name.

Happy for Ware. Happy he was able to get away from the Jones bozos and get a ring while having nothing but good things to say about Cowboys in the process. Class act and one of the best LBs of all time.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Where do the Cowboys now stand in total HOFers with this year's class factored in? Anybody know? I'm too lazy to look it up.

And yes I count Ware as a Cowboy even though most consider him a Bronco.
The Cowboys, one of the most highly regarded franchises in NFL history, have a total of 29 Hall of Famers who were part of their organization for at least a year.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Congrats to Ware. Too bad he did not get a Super Bowl in Dallas. Let’s hope Micah can enjoy a super bowl in Dallas…

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Since the end of the Jimmy team Jerry has drafted 3 HoF level players - Ware, Witten, and Martin. Fredbeard would likely be there too but the shortened career may hurt that.

MikeB80

Reaction score
well deserved. He was the best player on the team the whole time he was here and was one of the ten best players in the league over that time also.

Practiced everyday, played in the preseason, was never hurt until a minor neck issue in 2013 and played multiple positions. His interception of Michael Vick in 2006 at atlanta is one of the greatest plays I have ever seen a linebacker make. He caught a rocket from vicks arm from a few feet away like it was off the jugs machine and returned it for a TD.

Also what always stuck with me was parcells talking about how much they needed an end/olb to get some rush on the eagles who Dallas had only beaten once in about 6 years going into 05, the first snap Ware ever took against the eagles at texas stadium in october of 05 He sacked Donovan Mcnabb.

The Jones family kicked him out like he was garbage at the end of the 13 season and captain braindead stephen jones said his career was basically over because of his neck injury. Two years later Ware dominated a game vs the patriots sending the broncos to the superbowl and then him and miller tormented newton in the superbowl. Meanwhile jerry signed known psychopath greg hardy to replace him in 15. I have no idea why he is friendly with the Jones family they were terrible to him at the end.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Since the end of the Jimmy team Jerry has drafted 3 HoF level players - Ware, Witten, and Martin. Fredbeard would likely be there too but the shortened career may hurt that.
it is going to be really tough for witten to get in. I imagine he does not. The only guys going to the hall of fame from this modern era of the cowboys are probably ware, martin and tyron smith.

KB1122

Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about Ware. He got a lot of sacks, but he got a lot of offsides penalties to do it. Mr. First-and-Five.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Do you think Woodson will ever get in?
No.

For Cowboys players to get in they have to be head and shoulders above 99% of other players at their position, or be, like Aikman, in a highly visible position and have multiple SB rings.

Darren was a great all-around player, well deserving of a HOF bust.

But the anti-Cowboys bias keeps guys line him out....

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
it is going to be really tough for witten to get in. I imagine he does not. The only guys going to the hall of fame from this modern era of the cowboys are probably ware, martin and tyron smith.
I don't agree.

Witten has too long a career, too many catches and was too visible to not get in.

The icing on the cake was the run after catch where he lost his helmet, that's the kind of iconic moment that puts a player "over the top" to get in...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Nine individuals were granted football immortality Thursday as part of their elections into the Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2023.

They are: offensive tackle Joe Thomas, linebacker Zach Thomas, linebacker DeMarcus Ware, cornerback Darrelle Revis, cornerback Rondé Barber, coach Don Coryell (deceased), linebacker Chuck Howley, defensive lineman Joe Klecko and cornerback Ken Riley (deceased).

'BOUT FREAKING TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Where do the Cowboys now stand in total HOFers with this year's class factored in? Anybody know? I'm too lazy to look it up.

And yes I count Ware as a Cowboy even though most consider him a Bronco.
First of all there are several HOF inductees who didn’t go in as Cowboys. Like Allworth, Adderly, & Ditka.

Here are the official Cowboys inducted: 22 now including non players.

Lilly, Renfro, Staubach, Dorsett, White, Hayes, Wright, Aikman, Irvin, Smith, Allen, Sanders , Haley, Pearson, Harris, Howley , Ware

Non players - Landry, Schramm, Brandt, Johnson, Jone$

gtb1943

Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about Ware. He got a lot of sacks, but he got a lot of offsides penalties to do it. Mr. First-and-Five.
The uninformed think that way. Game film according to multiple sources showed that Ware was not at fault for many of those. He had an incredibly quick first step and lousy and lazy refs called him offises. I remember one game where he got three of them and the announcers even admitted he did not deserve any of them.

Just another area where Jerry failed as a owner and GM; he should have been raising hell about that from Day one.