Twitter: DeMarcus Ware retiring

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Well, there goes our War Granddaddy...

Congratulations to Mr. Ware... I wonder what helmet he will choose to go on his Hall of Fame bust? Jerry is probably glad that's not a real question...

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Now I'm in favor of re-signing him. Retire a Cowboy and wait for your name to be added to the Hall and the Ring. Wish he could have only worn the Star though.
I see this brought up a lot. Don't you not retire as a given team in football?

tico

Reaction score
HOF.. thanks for the memories.. Especially chasing down Marshall.F and making him eat turf.. my favorite!

plasticman

Reaction score
I expect Ware to sign a one day contract and retire as a Cowboy, would be extremely
disappointed if he didn't. Also, I would expect his Ring of Honor induction to take place next season or the following.

sean10mm

Reaction score
I remember Cowboys fans trashing him for not getting "clutch sacks" or some similar nonsense.

Then he goes and gets 2 sacks in the Super Bowl.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Going to call it now. He unretires and signs with Dallas sometime towards the end of training camp.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
And Dallas looked at that talent and said "how best can we waste it" Smh, shame what we did to him, but he wised up, left and took his destiny in his own hands. Even the Broncos benefited. Good for him all around, but there was no thought where i could see him coming back to a place that was the biggest trash can for him.

robbieruff

Reaction score
we didn't give him an offer? curious what our interaction with him has been? guess he'll do TV...

aria

Reaction score
Great guy and I'm happy for him, shame he had to leave in order to get that ring.