DeMarcus Ware to sing National Anthem at the NFL 2023 HOF Game

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
If I tried to sing it the stadium would clear out in record time, and the game would get canceled.

Motorola

Reaction score
Ware may be more nervous about singing the National Anthem than giving his Hall of Fame speech. lol
I think it's the other way around.
From video clips of him singing, plus his DWTS stint...it appears Ware is very comfortable performing in from of an audience.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think it's the other way around.
From video clips of him singing, plus his DWTS stint...it appears Ware is very comfortable performing in from of an audience.
I’ll have to check out some of those clips of him singing because I’ve never heard him. Even those who are great singers get nervous singing the NA. It’s been botched more than a few times.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Rachelle Ferrell is a song bird, Diane Reeves is a voice. These Are just two. But back to football!!!!

Whitney is the industry has decided to push so I'll give her most "popular" But best ? NAH!!!

conner01

Reaction score

Whitney Houston (1991)
Still the gold standard for all Super Bowl performances more than 30 years later, Whitney Houston's prerecorded version of the National Anthem stands as one of the most stunning moments in NFL history.

It’s the only Super Bowl anthem that rivals famous versions like Marvin Gaye (at the 1983 NBA All-Star Game) or Jose Feliciano (at the 1963 World Series). It’s gone down in history as of her most beloved performances.

Feb 12, 2023
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...nal-anthems-10706/whitney-houston-1991-27166/

Whitney's National Anthem sung at the 1991 Super Bowl in Tampa between the New York Giants and Buffalo Bills was the Bills 1st of 4 in-a-row straight Super Bowl losses. It also happened 10 days after the USA got involved in the 1st Gulf War, a time when the country was much divided. Jim Steeg, the NFL’s senior vice president of special events at the time, wasn't sure if playing the National Anthem before the game was a good idea, but at-the-time US President George H.W Bush "insisted" that the Super Bowl should still be sung before the Bills and the Giants game. It turns out Steeg was worrying about nothing because the crowd went WILD. The rest was history as Whitney Houston's Super Bowl 25 performance is considered iconic
and thirty years later, people still talk about how it was exactly what America needed at that moment in time, along with one of the best Super Bowl National Anthem renditions ever sung.

Read More: Whitney Houston Sings National Anthem Before Super Bowl | https://981thehawk.com/whitney-houston-national-anthem/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

Still remember her performance at the 1991 Super Bowl as if it were yesterday. Sad how she would end up passing away 21 years later. May she rest in peace.
The timing of her performance was a huge part and of course she had one of the best singing voices ever
So many things came together it may never be topped

Motorola

Reaction score
I didn't know Ware was a singer, and he's brave for taking on the most terrifying song for singers to perform live.
Ware was a singer in a band during his youth in Aurburn AL - "Mirage" was their name.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Not a real game, why have a real singer?
Not sure many real singers, at least no one well-known would want to perform at the Hall of Fame game. A lot of fans don’t even bother watching the game.

Motorola

Reaction score
Not sure many real singers, at least no one well-known would want to perform at the Hall of Fame game. A lot of fans don’t even bother watching the game.
KJJ... no doubt the majority of NFL fans won't tune in.

However - there will be many who will have a genuine interest to watch:
○ Fans of the nine inductees in the 2023 class - those honorees will be featured at some point during the exhibition game - and the ones that are still with us will be interviewed live during the telecast.
○ Fans of the two teams selected to play in the HOF game - Browns and Jets - just to see how the draftees look in action.
○ Fans like me....it's the prelude to the upcoming season - it is when I first wear Cowboys apparrel (I usually go to a sports bar to watch it).

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
KJJ... no doubt the majority of NFL fans won't tune in.
However - there will be many who will have a genuine interest to watch:
○ Fans of the nine inductees in the 2023 class - those honorees will be featured at some point during the exhibition game - and the ones that are still with us will be interviewed live during the telecast.
○ Fans of the two teams selected to play in the HOF game - Browns and Jets - just to see how the draftees look in action.
The fans of the two teams will definitely watch to see their draftees. Preseason is all about the young players. Starting players are getting fewer reps every year in preseason and we’re now down to three preseason games. Eventually, they’ll probably cut down to a couple of preseason games. Decades ago they had six preseason games and the starters played the majority of those games.

Motorola

Reaction score
The fans of the two teams will definitely watch to see their draftees. Preseason is all about the young players. Starting players are getting fewer reps every year in preseason and we’re now down to three preseason games. Eventually, they’ll probably cut down to a couple of preseason games. Decades ago they had six preseason games and the starters played the majority of those games.
I remember those days.
Also - there was an exhibition game where the Division I College All-American players from the previous season went against the NFL Champions - it was the first preseason game that summer.