Demarcus Ware's offsides penalties *Merge*

vlad

Reaction score
When DWare gets off of the ball so quickly that the refs call him offsides. What is he, or the Cowboys supposed to do?

Think about how many times that has happened to us this year. Two critical times, against Green Bay when he caused the fumble on Favre, and yesterday's first drive on 3rd down. Ridiculous.

Frustrated on this one.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
That is a joke, they need to let you challenge that. That is the second time that has happened and both times it led to a TD instead of a stop. What a joke.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Anybody else tired of seeing Demarcus Ware get a completely legal quick jump on the snap, only to be flagged for an Offsides Penalty?

I wish there was some way for the Cowboys to ask the league and referees to excercise caution when examining if Demarcus Ware is jumping offsides.

Last night he was flagged again for an offsides penalty and it really didn't look like he was offsides and Troy Aikman also felt the same way.

This has been an issue for quite a while now. The guy is just super quick and extremely athletic and he should not be penalized for having so much quickness and for having an uncanny ability to get a good jump on the ball.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
His Ware case it is the exact opposite than the NBA. The superstar extremely gifted athlete doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. He gets called for penalties when there wasn't one instead off calling *ghost penalties* on players defending him.

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
I guess he's too quick for even the refs to recognize! The replays clearly showed that he had perfect timing on the snap of the ball. Chalk it up as another lost opportunity!

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
There was a great article in TSN about a play earlier in the season where the same thing happened. He just needs to keep doing what he is doing ad the NFL needs to get it right.

khiladi

Reaction score
That first drive was total nonsense. Manninig intentionally grounded the ball, and Ware was not off-sides. That would have ended that absurd drive where Toomer had the greatest play in his rather mediocre career.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
if you looked at the play, even troy aikman and joe buck said it, the center moved the football, which is illegal, that is up to the ref that is on the line to see, to watch the center and the football which the ref did not, those refs last night couldnt even ref peewee football.

What ticks me off, the nfl commissioner says come on join nfl network it will be the best experience of your life, which i just joined yesterday, but with awful stupid playcalling by refs like that, i sure didnt get my moneys worth.

and thats not the only play either, the intentional grounding that should have been called on eli manning, when he threw a lame duck football deep upfield and not a giant within 10 yards, but when romo throws a ball and wr in area within 2 yards, they throw flag on romo, just all that shows the refs were for the giants and new york media, and only threw flags against giants when it was all out and out obvious and they couldnt get away without calling the play

remember the jam of T O at goaline near sideline, no penalty thrown should have been, remember big play punt return by giants, well all you have to do is look at the line of scrimmage, a giant player as one of our guys is going downfield to tackle the punt returner, a giants grabs him by the arm and shoulder, almost pulling him backwards and down, with the fraglant foul in middle of field and very obvious, again no penalty called.

the REFS SUCKED, AND WAS VERY OBVIOUS THAT THEY WERE CALLING PLAYS FOR THE GIANTS.

Beerguzzler44

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;1902574 said:
if you looked at the play, even troy aikman and joe buck said it, the center moved the football, which is illegal, that is up to the ref that is on the line to see, to watch the center and the football which the ref did not, those refs last night couldnt even ref peewee football.

What ticks me off, the nfl commissioner says come on join nfl network it will be the best experience of your life, which i just joined yesterday, but with awful stupid playcalling by refs like that, i sure didnt get my moneys worth.

and thats not the only play either, the intentional grounding that should have been called on eli manning, when he threw a lame duck football deep upfield and not a giant within 10 yards, but when romo throws a ball and wr in area within 2 yards, they throw flag on romo, just all that shows the refs were for the giants and new york media, and only threw flags against giants when it was all out and out obvious and they couldnt get away without calling the play

remember the jam of T O at goaline near sideline, no penalty thrown should have been, remember big play punt return by giants, well all you have to do is look at the line of scrimmage, a giant player as one of our guys is going downfield to tackle the punt returner, a giants grabs him by the arm and shoulder, almost pulling him backwards and down, with the fraglant foul in middle of field and very obvious, again no penalty called.

the REFS SUCKED, AND WAS VERY OBVIOUS THAT THEY WERE CALLING PLAYS FOR THE GIANTS.

I won't blame the entire loss on the refs.. However they were totally in favor of the Giants. Ware got a great jump and was not offsides. The center started moving the ball in a snapping motion. The other offsides call was closer IMO but could have been called either way. The grounding call that they did NOT call on ELI didnt bother me until they called that BS call on ROMO... I can think of many occasions where the G-Men were holding and it was never called.

We were killing ourselves with dumb penalties and poor play, we didnt need help from the *** zebras.....

AbeBeta

Reaction score
This is a COACHING and GM issue.

The COACH needs to make the refs aware of this issue before the game. The GM needs to speak to the league office about the problem so that the league can provide film to the refs so they'll think twice about those borderline calls.

Guys who get that sort of jump are going to get called unfairly sometimes but you can make the refs aware of the situation. By doing he'll get the benefit of the doubt more often

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Beerguzzler44;1902637 said:
I can think of many occasions where the G-Men were holding and it was never called.

This is never a good argument -- you can call holding on just about every play in this league.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
fellas..the Cowboys have pointed this out to the refs and the NFL...the fact that they would call it AND get it wrong in a single elimination tournament really leaves me scratching my head

Beerguzzler44

Reaction score
abersonc;1902660 said:
This is never a good argument -- you can call holding on just about every play in this league.

Yes I know this, but when my Wife sees it and she knows nothing about football it has to be very obvious to everyone else... There were 2-3 plays where I was shocked nothing was called. It wasn't interior line either, it was 1-1... Cant miss those calls..

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;1902544 said:
There was a great article in TSN about a play earlier in the season where the same thing happened. He just needs to keep doing what he is doing ad the NFL needs to get it right.

The NFL will get it right by putting in a Ware rule.
Making him offsides every time.
They don't get it right they protect themselves with a rule.

The DE moves on the centers movement.
They give an extra arm move off the normal and this may throw the DE off.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
He wasn't offsides? Big deal. How does it excuse letting them score on that drive?

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
What is going on with this?

This is like the 3rd time Ive seen Ware get some phantom offsides call. He is lightning fast and it's not fair they have some 60 yr old codger calling him offsides when it clear that he is leaving the same time the ball starts to snap.

What a crock. How does Jerry get that addressed?

anygivensun

Reaction score
I thought the same thing. I remember at least one other game when that happened, but I think it happened a 3rd time. What the refs are doing is erasing a great play from the books. Ware seems to have this sense of when the ball will be snapped, and takes off with the snap. If I were the Cowboys I'd put together a tape with all these non-offside calls and send them to the league for review, and ask them to adress it for next year. Last thing we want is for Ware to get shy about his first step.

9needawin

Reaction score
Dallas;1903989 said:
What is going on with this?

This is like the 3rd time Ive seen Ware get some phantom offsides call. He is lightning fast and it's not fair they have some 60 yr old codger calling him offsides when it clear that he is leaving the same time the ball starts to snap.

What a crock. How does Jerry get that addressed?

there was another thread about this. The league has been told several times. He gets off the ball so quick, they think it HAS to be offsides. Sorta reminds me of the traveling calls that were called against Michael Jordan because his first step was so quick.