Denver game predictions

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Does Ware finally get a sack? If not what time do we see the first "Ware is overrated, we should never give this loser a contract extension" thread start?

If the Broncos really try to stuff the run, does Romo of the Giants game show up?

How much effect will not having Felix Jones for the first time this yr have?

Kyle Orton has zero picks, can a team that struggles to get any manage one or two?

Will the pass rush of 2007-2008 (especially the 2nd half of 2008) return?

If Jason Williams gets on the field for one defensive snap, will Carpenter ever see it on defense again?

Does Victor Butler get more PT this week and if so, will he show the end of the Carolina game wasnt a fluke?

rockj7

Reaction score
dbair1967;2986304 said:
Does Ware finally get a sack? If not what time do we see the first "Ware is overrated, we should never give this loser a contract extension" thread start?

If the Broncos really try to stuff the run, does Romo of the Giants game show up?

How much effect will not having Felix Jones for the first time this yr have?

Kyle Orton has zero picks, can a team that struggles to get any manage one or two?

Will the pass rush of 2007-2008 (especially the 2nd half of 2008) return?

If Jason Williams gets on the field for one defensive snap, will Carpenter ever see it on defense again?

Does Victor Butler get more PT this week and if so, will he show the end of the Carolina game wasnt a fluke?

Romo will have the type of game that makes us remember why we fell in love with his backward hat wearing b- hind.

I think if the boys can get through the first quarter with a ball controlled game plan we will be just fine.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Fascinating game because I have no idea what to expect. We all know about the quality of their wins, but we know about ours, too.

I suspect they are "for real" and will be better than a lot of people are saying... But I think we win because Romo seems to play great on the road in these situations.

I still think they'll be tougher than people are giving them credit for, though. You have to remember that they were pretty good last year before collapsing at the end.

Finally, not to hijack the thread, but if their D turns out to be as strong as they look right now, does that give anyone pause about Mike Shanahan after he struggled for years and years to get a decent D on the field?

fannypack

Sweet Squirrel
Reaction score
What I want to know is if we'll finally lose the cointoss this year. Going back to the first preseason game.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
casmith's completely un-founded predictions:

* Our running attack gets moderately stifled, while the air attack makes Zoners scream "he's done" about Champ Bailey
* Ware: 2 sacks, 1 FF
* Rest of D: 2 sacks, 1 INT, 2 TD allowed

Final: DAL 35, DEN 17; a close game in the first half 14-14, and we pull away in the 2nd half while they only manage a field goal.

Reaction score
Will be a defensive struggle and both offenses will be frustrated. Romo will lead winning TD drive. Cowboys 17- Broncos 13.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys win!
Yes Bobby Carpenter will see the field over Jason Williams. Bobby will make a game turning play, either a sack and forced fumble or an INT at a key moment.
That propels the Cowboys onto a 35 - 13 win.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I haven't seen Denver play this year, so I have no idea how this game will turn out.

However, both teams have played mostly clubs that won't be making the Playoffs this year, so they will be looking to make a statement.

I'm extremely worried about Felix Jones not being in the lineup.

reddyuta

Reaction score
my prediction-

cowboys-24

broncos-17

game will be close till the 4th quarter.we get a turnover on their final drive and run out the clock.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
dallascowboyfanboy;2986351 said:
Will be a defensive struggle and both offenses will be frustrated. Romo will lead winning TD drive. Cowboys 17- Broncos 13.

I definitely could see that.

And I would love it.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2986355 said:
I haven't seen Denver play this year, so I have no idea how this game will turn out.

However, both teams have played mostly clubs that won't be making the Playoffs this year, so they will be looking to make a statement.

I'm extremely worried about Felix Jones not being in the lineup.

They eeked one over the Bengals, and they beat Oakland and Cleveland.

Take it for what its worth.

followthestar

Reaction score
I think Choice has a great game both running well and catching some big screens. After this game, he will cement himself as a serious starting-quality RB who can do it all. Make it 90 rushing, 50 in catches.

I think Romo will have a very good game, 1 INT to balance 250 yds and 2 TDs throwing, but another well-managed game.

I think our secondary smothers their receivers but they will have one or two double-move deep throws. Can Orton complete those throws is the question...

I think we get off to a fast start getting some big plays early, then grind through the second half to win 27-13.

gmoney112

Reaction score
followthestar;2986386 said:
I think Choice has a great game both running well and catching some big screens. After this game, he will cement himself as a serious starting-quality RB who can do it all. Make it 90 rushing, 50 in catches.

I think Romo will have a very good game, 1 INT to balance 250 yds and 2 TDs throwing, but another well-managed game.

I think our secondary smothers their receivers but they will have one or two double-move deep throws. Can Orton complete those throws is the question...

I think we get off to a fast start getting some big plays early, then grind through the second half to win 27-13.

I'm going to have to go with this. Except i only see Romo having 1 td pass. Romo will get us inside the 5 and it'll lead to rushing scores on 2 drives. 27-13

TonyS

Reaction score
If we play run-first Defense, we will let Kyle Orton beat us with his plethora of receivers (Marshall, Lloyd, Gafney, Royal).

Game comes down to how many yards we play off their receivers and how much pressure we get up front.

Should be a close one, but depends on if our WRs actually make plays like we did in Tampa. Dawkins in the secondary doesn't bode well for that happening. He knows us well and is still formidable.

Would like to predict the Boys winning this one, but I think Denver wins the turnover battle, protects the ball better and takes advantage of stupid Dallas mistakes.

Denver wins this one, but I hope it ain't so.

..oh yeah, we'll get to see more of Wade's disgruntled/lost looks on the sideline as well.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
38-10. Denver's D still sucks despite the stats, and Orton can't play catch up type ball. Romo has 300+ yds and 4 TDs. Dallas gets 2 turnovers. Bennett, Witten, Williams, Barber and Choice with TDs.

I don't know why people give Denver much credit because they're a "surprise" 3-0 team. Anybody who looked at their schedule prior to the season would not have been surprised in the least that they were 3-0. The problem is they'll be 3-8 or 4-7 after awhile.

SC Cowboyfan

Reaction score
jazzcat22;2986354 said:
Cowboys win!
Yes Bobby Carpenter will see the field over Jason Williams. Bobby will make a game turning play, either a sack and forced fumble or an INT at a key moment.
That propels the Cowboys onto a 35 - 13 win.

IF carp makes a game turning play, I wonder how many times he'll be on espn.......

Sitting Bull

Reaction score
Igor Olshansky will force a fumble.
Patrick Crayton will have 100+ yards receiving and a TD

I don't really think this is going to happen, but this is what I predicted last week. I was completely off but we won. Since I'm superstitious, I'll gladly continue to be wrong so Dallas can be right...

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Broncos take the lead going into the half, much like the Carolina game.

Then the halftime adjustments take place.

And we'll squeak out a win.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Dallas 23, Donkey 13

Both defenses will play tough in the Red Zone early on. Dallas will put it away in the 4th quarter.