Depth over Superstar

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
After over paying him. It’s not a narrative it’s exactly what they do. He was coming off an injury and they paid him anyway. Even Gregory had to back out of a deal or he’d still be here too. The #1 team resigning their own players isn’t something fans are making up.
You’re one of those, “I WANT IT NOW DAMN IT!”

Chasing6

Reaction score
You have to do both. Who said anything about getting the center position in Free agency??? You have to use free agency as well to fill positions. Why can't a team do both?? It depends on who is available in the draft and free agency. Of course you fill most of your team thru the draft. That is common football sense.
Correction. It depends on who is left over after Free Agency and then the Draft.

Big_D

Reaction score
You’re one of those, “I WANT IT NOW DAMN IT!”
Want what? For the front office not to be stupid? You’re one of those who will defend anything no matter how ridiculous. And the “we like our guys” mantra is exactly that. No other team in the league does this to such a moronic extent. I’m amazed you don’t see an issue.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Want what? For the front office not to be stupid? You’re one of those who will defend anything no matter how ridiculous. And the “we like our guys” mantra is exactly that. No other team in the league does this to such a moronic extent. I’m amazed you don’t see an issue.
Well we apparently don't like our guys anymore. How many have of our free agents have been resigned before free agency starts???

tomokawan

Reaction score
Correction. It depends on who is left over after Free Agency and then the Draft.
You don't need to correct my post. It was right. It is about who is available in free agency and the draft. You look at both.

Chasing6

Reaction score
You don't need to correct my post. It was right. It is about who is available in free agency and the draft. You look at both.
Well, it is about who is left over after everyone else is almost done with free agency.

tomokawan

Reaction score
Well, it is about who is left over after everyone else is almost done with free agency.
Who doesn't know that? I was not talking about which one you look at first. JUST THAT: YOU HAVE TO LOOK AT BOTH.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Who doesn't know that? I was not talking about which one you look at first. JUST THAT: YOU HAVE TO LOOK AT BOTH.
And who does not now THAT?

When you are not active in free agency and have no cap space. Then it is all about the draft.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Now I know what Big_D stands for. News alert, FA hasn’t started yet. :laugh:

Big_D

Reaction score
Well we apparently don't like our guys anymore. How many have of our free agents have been resigned before free agency starts???
That’s because they’re completely strapped at the moment. The belt is getting a lot tighter where stupid signings like Gallup are catching up or else it would be more of the same. If they had money readily available, Smith, Biadiscz, Gallup etc would all be here. Anything to keep the band together.

Chasing6

Reaction score
That’s because they’re completely strapped at the moment. The belt is getting a lot tighter where stupid signings like Gallup are catching up or else it would be more of the same. If they had money readily available, Smith, Biadiscz, Gallup etc would all be here. Anything to keep the band together.
Well we currently already have $15M in dead money. I will add the Trance 5M to make it an even $20M, since he will not be on the field this year without a major injury. Then you cut Gallup and we have wasted 10% of our cap before free agency has started.

Intentionally strapped by the way.

Big_D

Reaction score
Now I know what Big_D stands for. News alert, FA hasn’t started yet. :laugh:
You don’t get tired of saying this every year while Stephen does his due diligence. It’s really been quite a long body of work as a sample size, will 24 be any different from the past decade of dumpster diving.The odds are against it.

Big_D

Reaction score
Well we currently already have $15M in dead money. I will add the Trance 5M to make it an even $20M, since he will not be on the field this year without a major injury. Then you cut Gallup and we have wasted 10% of our cap before free agency has started.

Intentionally strapped by the way.
This is what happens when they keep restructuring and pushing money down the line. Still paying Zeke this year also. Poor decisions that snowball. And considering the Lance contract situation, that made absolutely no sense.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You don’t get tired of saying this every year while Stephen does his due diligence. It’s really been quite a long body of work as a sample size, will 24 be any different from the past decade of dumpster diving.The odds are against it.
Last year they got Gilmore and Cooks. 2 starters who played very, very well. How easily we forget. Or is it purposely?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is what happens when they keep restructuring and pushing money down the line. Still paying Zeke this year also. Poor decisions that snowball. And considering the Lance contract situation, that made absolutely no sense.
All teams have dead money. :facepalm:

tomokawan

Reaction score
And who does not now THAT?

When you are not active in free agency and have no cap space. Then it is all about the draft.
Has free agency even started?? My goodness some of you guys. Do you understand that contracts will be restructed??