Depth over Superstar

Creeper

Reaction score
I think NFL teams need a few playmakers. Call them Super Stars or whatever but a team needs guys to make plays when the chips are down. I suppose in a perfect scenario you cold have 22 above average guys all contributing, but I am not sure that is attainable.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I’m all for trading Anyone if the price is right, but the sum of the parts has to be greater.

If we got 2 high firsts for Micha I would do it, ceedee id take 2 firsts anywhere…it’s more about the contracts at this point bc paying both those guys is going to really limit other positions
If you drafted well were very selective in FA you could do well for Micah for 4 players which essentially what you would get with 2 first and the value of the contract he is going to get at 5 years 170 mill. You can't be cheap in FA though, you would have to fill the LB holes and invest in the Oline.

Ceedee - that would probably be 2 first and 5 yr 150 million value. Dak could not function without CeeDee though so if you are doing that you need to get a very mobile QB and spend those first on WR's

MyFairLady

Reaction score
You need to have both. The most important factor is who you decide are your "stars". When you lock in D Law as your defensive "star" you have doomed everything. He is not going to back the coaches. he is not going to hold young players accountable. He will spread his selfish me first attitude all ove the place. You end up with the worst stretch of Cowboys defense in team history.

When you lock in guys like Dez and Zeke as your "stars" you are doomed. Absolutely doomed.

Your stars have to be obsessed with winning. Your stars have to be setting the bar. Your stars have to be holding everyone else accountable. To expect this from the coaches is ridiculous. The guys love to say how they are grown men and want to be treated like professionals. What a joke.

Why is the O line so bad? Zack Martin and Tyron Smith should be the ones who have to answer. Not in Cowboy land. Everyone else always takes the fall cause the stars are the stars.